Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #5065 : More Than NOPs
2008-01-20 18:58
chatGPZ

Release id #5065 : More Than NOPs

a) this one is called (and spelled) "More than NOPs". (look at digi part).
b) this is not a taboo release

whoever insists on changing it back to whatever else, just dont.

kthxbye
2008-01-20 19:03
assiduous
Account closed

in the note it says "More Than NOPs" and the correct English spelling is Than uppercase.
2008-01-20 19:12
chatGPZ

http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=re..
2008-01-20 19:21
assiduous
Account closed

alright dude,I'm really impressed that you're referring me to an english-german dictionary (rotfl), the thing you've apparently forgotten is that we're talking about TITLES. And they're generally spelt uppercase in English with a few exceptions,but i'm really sorry to inform you that the word "than" doesn't belong to them.

and finally: please refer to http://taboo.eu.org/download/index.html

it explicitly states that More Than NOPs was the first release of the group Taboo.

now please roll the entry back to what it was before. kthxbye.
2008-01-20 19:27
chatGPZ

the demo was released before they called themselves taboo, and the title of the demo is "More than NOPs", as stated in the demo.

wether they retroactivly think its a taboo demo, or wether the spelling is technically incorrect, is irrelevant.
2008-01-20 19:33
wreg
Account closed

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0204667/
http://www.hrw.org/english/docs/2006/04/26/usint13268.htm

but a more general thing is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalization#Headings_and_public..

2008-01-20 19:38
chatGPZ

<Post edited by chatGPZ on 20/1-2008 20:40>

Quote:

but a more general thing is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalization#Headings_and_public..

good, so basically you can invent your own style, and there arent really any distinct rules at all eh? (and the most common one among publishers _is_ "sentence style", just like i thought) =D

i say ISO style then, seems most sane anyway :=P
2008-01-20 19:39
assiduous
Account closed

you dont know the background behind taboo at all yet feel competent enough to have the final word and decide whether the authors of a productions think retroactively or not (LOL!!! how on earth can you know that?). read once again what comankh wrote in the comments.

as for the title , i told you that:

1. the note states that the demo is called "More Than NOPs"
2. their official website backs it up
3. it's the correct English spelling (look at how they do it in GB64 and HVSC for example)

and you still believe that 1 alternative spelling is more important that these 3 valid reasons.

with knowing-better-than-everyone moderators like you, this database will just degrade.
2008-01-20 19:41
chatGPZ

it degrades more by deliberatly adding links which will no more work in a week or two.
2008-01-20 19:52
assiduous
Account closed

Quote: it degrades more by deliberatly adding links which will no more work in a week or two.

you can't even stick to the topic and respond with sense. I won't go into a discussion with you about anything that doesnt pertain to More Than NOPs. So your attempts to go offtopic and cover your incompetence with a shallow sarcasm are futile. If you have something to say about me "deliberatly adding links which will no more work in a week or two" then please start another topic or use PM otherwise just remain silent because it doesn't relate in any way to what i wrote in my previous post.
2008-01-20 20:09
chatGPZ

Quote:

you dont know the background behind taboo at all yet feel competent enough to have the final word and decide whether the authors of a productions think retroactively or not (LOL!!! how on earth can you know that?). read once again what comankh wrote in the comments.

are you one of the taboo guys? do you think for example Art Bizzare should be credited to smash designs, because it was made by smash designs and not haujobb? should Europe +4 be credited to crest? <insert list of other demos with "wrong" credits>

no, what matters is what the actual production states. the rest is trivia info. if i call myself and my friend the mighty wankerboys but don't state it in my production, it's not a mighty wankerboys release. we'd have to "fix" a lot of stuff if that would be the case.

Quote:

1. the note states that the demo is called "More Than NOPs"

yes, the production states otherwise.

Quote:

2. their official website backs it up

this may, or may not be relevant. the production states differently still. they can correct their spelling mistake all they want.

Quote:

3. it's the correct English spelling (look at how they do it in GB64 and HVSC for example)

if you had bothered to check the link wreg posted you might have noticed that infact there is no "correct" english spelling. and that the most common one among publishers infact is "sentence style". it's however irrelevant, the only thing that matters is how it is spelled in the production. if the production would incorrectly spell it "more then nops", that would be the title. anything else is trivia information.

Quote:

with knowing-better-than-everyone moderators like you, this database will just degrade.

would it make you feel worse if i told you that infact another moderator (one who probably has more insight to the demoscene than most people because of his massive swapping activities back in the days) changed it back to "More than NOPs" before you could "fix" it?

... 16 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Knut Clausen/SHAPE/F..
MWR/Visdom
Sentinel/Excess/TREX
CA$H/TRiAD
Viti/Hokuto Force
Jangler/Artline Desi..