Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Comment editing disabled
2013-12-13 22:23
Didi

Comment editing disabled

What's the reason for disabling this, please?

... 141 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-12-16 22:59
chatGPZ

Quote:
There is a criteria: that's a list of people who oppose(d) anonymous voting.

but you have claimed they are the majority. and to say that, you'll have to define who belongs to the complete group, else your list means nothing.
Quote:
And how many of those 1545 users actively participate in the work of CSDb or put out releases?

i dont know, do you? are you claiming less than 176?
2013-12-16 23:43
jailbird

Quote:
but you have claimed they are the majority. and to say that, you'll have to define who belongs to the complete group, else your list means nothing.

Now you're just grasping at straws. OK then, my bad. They're not a majority, just 88 people from CSDb who wanted to get rid of the anonymous voting or change the system for better and a bunch of other who don't attend at the discussion but think alike. Better?
And you're opposing the need of more than hundred people just for the sake of it and almost no one is supporting you.

Quote:
i dont know, do you? are you claiming less than 176?

Whatever the exact number is, it's quite obvious that certainly less than 5 of them are keenly standing beside the anonymous voting, with you being the only vocal one. Almost everyone from that 1545 sceners is apathetic or in favor when it comes to transparent voting, right?

So to put it in another perspective: besides you, no one else seems to care if all the votes would suddenly become public. So why is it so important to keep the current system?
2013-12-17 00:04
chatGPZ

Quote:
Whatever the exact number is, it's quite obvious that

its unpossible to argue like that. i suggest you provide a solid base for discussion. from "its a majority" we are now down to "its obvious, who cares how many". wow.
Quote:
certainly less than 5 of them are keenly standing beside the anonymous voting, with you being the only vocal one.

or maybe those who agree with having it prefer to not get involved (which may also their reason for voting anonymously)? how would you know? they might have better things to do than argueing with always the same handful people on the same old topic.

maybe we should multiply the votes with how many releases someone produced within last week. it would have helped with some recent compos, thats for sure :)

in reality i think we should just remove (yes indeed) the ability for users to see the vote statistics and just present them the result. then again i bet they'll just find something else to whine about.
2013-12-17 00:24
jailbird

Well, when a lot of people stand beside an idea and the opposite/indifferent side can't be evaluated as it's not articulating its opinion at all, one could only rely on assumptions and estimates. The only thing which seems obvious to me, that apart from a few, users wouldn't care if votes would go transparent, otherwise they would probably express their sentiment about it in a bigger number on at least one of the numerous threads about the topic.

Personally, I always thought that the voting/ratings are just distraction, but...

Quote:
in reality i think we should just remove (yes indeed) the ability for users to see the vote statistics and just present them the result.

...is a fucking great idea! I'd support that wholeheartedly.
2013-12-17 06:55
Fungus

I suggested voting just be removed because it's dumb and will always be abused/misused because the world is full of assholes and trolls. But that's also the point of removing edit from comments , because idiots like theWizard will always abuse them.
2013-12-17 18:18
spider-j

Mh. I thought after the "public-votes-only" feature on CSDb this vote-discussion would end. Why is there still a problem? I think this is a good compromise. And for most entries I saw since then the weighted average of "public-only" compared to "all" votes only differs in between 0 and 0.1 points.

And yes, I see that there are releases that are slightly up- or down-voted by anonymous voting, but I don't recall a single case where it got unfair in the overall statistics.
2013-12-17 19:32
chatGPZ

Quote:
I thought after the "public-votes-only" feature on CSDb this vote-discussion would end.

it will not end unless the public voting nerds got what they think is best. and then it will start over because someone else is butthurt =)
2013-12-17 20:07
spider-j

Mh. Perhaps a simple equation could do: If "egal ist 88" then "88" is "egal" =P
I leave it up to you GPZ to translate and communicate this wisdom ;-)

Quote:
and then it will start over because someone else is butthurt =)

Seems to be unevitable in a community that is dominated by men. At least until the "majority" (or a hard-working minority) offers its mouth for giving blowjobs =P
2013-12-17 20:47
Kristian

Instead of disabling editing, couldn't you just save whatever text was edited in some kind of version history? Would be easy to implement and would make the history of a post/comment available by the click of a link.
2013-12-17 21:21
chatGPZ

but it wouldnt make the amount of moderator work that is required to handle the resulting mess less - which is the whole point
Previous - 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | ... | 16 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Kruthers
Six/G★P
CA$H/TRiAD
Guests online: 112
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)