Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > [idea] a bit of fun for ratings - real Charts
2014-10-31 14:49
booker
Account closed

[idea] a bit of fun for ratings - real Charts

Remember in the old days when there were votesheets and we were voting for _active_ groups/ppl and sometimes the first page to open in new mag was charts in a hope to see own nick in there in top 10? :):)

why not resurrect this?

Let's say the scoreboard to get divded into all-time rating and active-rating. With some ruling, for instance - no new prod in past 12 months you out of "active scoreboard".

This can still pump up the scene as it is now, same as it was pumping it 20 years ago.

What say you? :)

... 15 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2014-11-02 12:45
Kristian

Personally I would just do it the simple way and change the top <category> (of all times) to top <category> of last quarter/6 months/12 months or so (12 months is probably best, not _that_ much happening on this scene). It wouldn't be perfect, but would give a better picture of what's going on in the scene today.
2014-11-03 09:10
booker
Account closed

OK,

first of all - the chars WILL happen. I'm still waiting for response from Perff and Cyberbrain about perm to use CSDb votes but might as well start preping.

I've read what you said here and on mr rating balancer forum thread and will implement some of ideas you posted - you will see yourself credited.

Should you have anything more to say - please do so.

I have plenty of ideas how to make charts more realistic and source more votes than just riding on CSDb votes, but I would like not to reveal everything yet ;) Charts for active scene will be published monthly. All time rating will also see it's place.

Look out for http://charts.c64scene.pl sometime in the future
2014-11-03 09:27
CreaMD

Go for it!
2014-11-03 12:43
Oswald

Quote: Personally I would just do it the simple way and change the top <category> (of all times) to top <category> of last quarter/6 months/12 months or so (12 months is probably best, not _that_ much happening on this scene). It wouldn't be perfect, but would give a better picture of what's going on in the scene today.

this.

like pouet's top of the month.
2014-11-09 01:15
booker
Account closed

Ok,

I think I got much better idea regarding slashing the minority of votes (as mentioned earlier those which, clearly, on CSDb makes obscuration to the scoreboard).

To "repay" the artists for the pleasure/horrid to be the audience of their artwork each vote will need to be accompanied with a comment. Whatever comment (nonsense shit like n/a, 123abc blabla will be slashed). Another reason for this is your votes without a comment constitute of a nonsense critics - authors can't fucking figure out why the fuck you voting 1 or 6 or 10 if you don't say them. It creates a nonsense feedback, and authors can't really use these votes to be useful in their own artistic growth (providing they give a fuck). This would be for monthly charts.

Demos/intros/trackmos ect would receive additional "dimension" for voting - code/gfx/music.

I'm thinking of easiness of voting - connectors like facebook, gmail and whatever ppl would like, plus local accounts.

As to the expansion of scoreboard - first idea was to combine local, CSDb and Pouet votings to produce all time/monthly charts (with CSDb/Pouet minority % votes slashed). I have no idea where else people could be activelly voting for C64 prods. I didn't receive anything yet from CSDb creators (I regard Perff/Cyberbrain) regarding perms to use csdb stats, haven't checked with pouet too. If my past incidents with CSDb mods are in the way, then well - fuck it (but ye, won't source the votes without perms obviously, even though it's possible to fetch that with no logon)

k, that's it for now as an 'update' :]

If you got anything constructive to say, do so :)
2014-11-09 01:19
chatGPZ

you will look at all comments to select the "good" ones? go for it! :)
2014-11-09 01:21
booker
Account closed

Quote: you will look at all comments to select the "good" ones? go for it! :)

Yes I will, can spend one weekend per month to scan, not a fucking bigge. :)
2014-11-09 08:45
Peacemaker

force people to write before voting? great idea to get even less votes and therefore a worse system
2014-11-09 10:30
jailbird

You guys are spending too much time about talking the talk instead of walking the walk.
2014-11-09 13:07
booker
Account closed

I am dude, already got a site up, collecting ideas and feedback, provide some or die :D
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
csabanw
Andy/AEG
juN3bula/N3U
Jammer
MAT64
AMB/Level 64