Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Bomberland - illegal copy
2014-01-21 21:16
Raf

Bomberland - illegal copy

http://allegro.pl/cartridge-bomberland-c64-i3907160321.html

here you can buy illegal copy of bomberland game, description says "Rom został zakupiony w firmie RGCD i użyty tylko w tym cartridgu ."

it means: "ROM was bought on RGCD and used only in this particular cartridge"

cartridges are sold by this guy: 11111olo

what do you think about it?

photos:
http://www.sendspace.pl/file/pic/1cae9bf5a79045b7ea7f380/view
http://www.sendspace.pl/file/pic/ca50d79db5b29c4ae5439bb/view

rest of cartridges are fake new-old-stock clones of Polish famous cartridge Black Box.

Prince of persia can also be seen - is it okay to sell it?

... 15 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2014-01-23 07:37
Bitbreaker

Quote: Stealing is stealing, no matter if it's 20 euro or 2000 euro - that's my personal view. I guess it's easier to don't give a fuck though, as long as it concerns other people, right?

Of course it's not meant for big money, but since when does that even matter, when we're talking about someone's hard work? Is ripping code from a demo that is for free an OK thing in your book, because the demo has no net value whatsoever?

Have we really become that indifferent? That is pretty fucking sad.

Wackee: sure, stealing is stealing, and that is also my view. I was not doubting that. I just wanted to underline that it is easier to pick up a normal paid job than selling those illegal copies. I wondered what drives people to do so.
As for me and code ripping, i don't mind, i chose to make most of my source public anyway and add some description to it. The wheel was reinvented too often already.
2014-01-23 11:25
Kristian

Quoting Groepaz
somehow i find it amusing to complain about illegal copies of C64 games - on a site which is largely based around the subculture that defines itself largely through illegal copies of C64 games.

My thoughts exactly... the irony of crackers complaining about game authors losing money is... funny.
2014-01-23 12:52
Sounx
Account closed

Quote: Quoting Groepaz
somehow i find it amusing to complain about illegal copies of C64 games - on a site which is largely based around the subculture that defines itself largely through illegal copies of C64 games.

My thoughts exactly... the irony of crackers complaining about game authors losing money is... funny.

The issue is not the illegality of the items sold and it's also not the fact that the developers are loosing money.

The game is available from CSDb as a cracked version anyway, so I fail to see why you guys seem to consider those points as 'the' issue.

Point is that somebody is making money over the backs of somebody else's hard work. I think it's strange to categorize that as 'amusing' or 'funny'.
2014-01-23 16:42
hedning

Actually it's not available as a crack on CSDb.
2014-01-23 17:24
celticdesign

I might be wrong, but this dude won't make any profit at all. This is just stupid. As collector i don't mind about owning/playing cracks or buying downloads (same goes for music and books ecetera). Of course there are some exceptions like multicards, jewel cracks or rare items. I always prefer the original boxed and well designed product...
2014-01-23 19:54
Sounx
Account closed

Quote: Actually it's not available as a crack on CSDb.

My bad. I had seen the cracks on RGCD but since I don't play games I didn't even check if there was an actual file.

But apparently it's not downloadable here because even crackers of this time and age, realize that it is sometimes necessary to support the few qaulity releases we see on this >30y old machine. Be it limited to a certain amount of time.

That's exactly how I feel about it.
2014-01-23 20:08
Count Zero

Yawn.. many ppl ask for obscure things on "real media" (disk, tape, cart) on forums nowadays - maybe in some eastern countries there is so much demand for this binary in a format usable on the real platform that thoughts about a real fortune arose?

Many people gave a fuck now - please: let some bit rot cover this topic.
2014-01-23 21:34
bugjam

As a collector, I have to say that owning a bootleg cart from 2014 has a certain appeal in its own right. :-)
2014-01-27 00:52
Urban Space Cowboy

Quoting hedning
Actually it's not available as a crack on CSDb.
It's "available" as several pages advertising cracks' existence on BBSes or whatever, which is close enough in my opinion. Your halos aren't shining as bright as you think they are, guys. :) "No download because it's commercial software (so ask us nicely for a copy instead)" is a silly loophole and could stand to be plugged.

Quoting STE'86
BUT I do wish that the rgcd c64 cart shells weren't so retro and were more like the vcs ones with an indent panel for a real illustration
Probably the major problem with custom cases is that there's not much demand for them, so none get made, so there's not much demand for them, so none get made, so there's not much demand for them...and so on. It probably doesn't help that carts are expensive and labor-intensive to manufacture anywyay, and who wants to do that when they could copy a binary onto an Easy Flash instead?

Do RGCD manufacture their own cases? It'd be neat to see Epyx-style ones with wrap-around labels. Now that would be classy!
2014-01-27 09:43
chatGPZ

Quote:
It's "available" as several pages advertising cracks' existence on BBSes or whatever, which is close enough in my opinion. Your halos aren't shining as bright as you think they are, guys. :)

Am i the only one who finds it silly to discuss this when the supposed first release of this game comes from people who were involved in making it? come on ppl o_O
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Asphodel
TheRyk/MYD!
Acidchild/Padua
Airwolf/F4CG
JackAsser/Booze Design
Brittle/Dentifrice^(?)