Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Non-C64 releases
2002-02-28 06:29
Seven

Non-C64 releases

as far as I remember, it is "The C-64 Scene Database"...

Either releases like the Crest C128 demo get deleted/not added or I demand a decent possibility to also add Amiga, PC, PSX etc. releases...
Which is it? =)

... 27 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2002-03-01 14:44
CyberBrain
Administrator

Seven is right. How about just plain "C128 Demo", or "C128 Production" (<- to cover all C128 releases somehow connected with the C64-scene (not many i guess, but still))
2002-03-01 18:16
Carcass

shut up you idiots!

why this stupid fuckin argument? who cares about the psx or amiga...

C128 is perfectly acceptable
2002-03-01 19:56
Seven

Hello and nice to see you joined us here in our friendly discussion forum.

If you can't play by the rules and join the discussion in a proper way instead of submitting non-productive flames, why don't you pack your surfboard, hit the waves and leave the discussion to those who care, california boy?
2002-03-01 20:35
Carcass

ok... let me tell you something constructive then.
#1 - you don't need to double click on the submit button, that way you only post once.
#2 - this is not your message board, so you don't make the rules.
#3 - if the best you can do is ban me from the irc channel for stepping on you little toes, don't bother, no one cares
#4 - don't rag, if you don't know how, coz you'll get killed
#5 - this discussion is clearly stupid. why would you even bring up shit like psx or gayboy? they obiously have their own scenes and what not, that are totally unrelated to C=
2002-03-01 20:50
chatGPZ

Quote: shut up you idiots!

why this stupid fuckin argument? who cares about the psx or amiga...

C128 is perfectly acceptable

you gotta have best chances to become next president in the US,
perfect attitude :o)

"shut up YOU idiot! who carez about c128?"

now WHATTHEHELL does make my "argument" less valid than yours?

please explain.

"amiga is perfectly acceptable"

amiga is not a c64. c128 is not a c64. amiga is made by commodore. c128 is made by commodore.

where is the difference? please explain.

and please, keep your nonconstructive childish blabla for yourself. we are discussing here to make this thing better (the BEST) - not to continue the never ending stupid OS- and system- flames that we had in the 80s already.

if YOU dont care about amiga or psx, fine. _I_ for once give a fuck about c128.

where is the difference? please explain.
2002-03-01 21:01
Seven

figured it'd be easier for you to grasp the content if I posted it twice, but obviously you still didn't manage...

but yes, of course you're right, it's not my message board, but we nevertheless had a halfway decent and constructive discussion in here until you popped up out of nowhere and - obviously without the least of a clue as to what this was about - dropped your moronic comment...

a couple of days ago, different topic, I tried to explain to someone that the C64 Scene was and is not about friendship, and you so perfectly demonstrated that there's always some assholes looking for a fight - I should actually thank you for that...

Now what? Am I to be scared? Bow to the superior 31337 american C64 scener who will "kill" me should I decide to stay, not take his shit and instead continue making suggestions for further development of this database?

I suggest you re-read the posts of this forum, re-evaluate your own posts, then come back with decent arguments explaining why C128 demos should be listed as "C64 demos" and why the C-64 scene should be the home of a computer that just never managed to get its own scene developed...
2002-03-01 22:46
CyberBrain
Administrator

In my mind, C128 is like C64 V2.

It can be used as a C64, and is fully C64 compatible, if coders doesn't make C128-protections, or stores into the extra I/O-adresses on the C128, which are not connected on a C64, but are on a C128 even in C64-mode. (Btw, C64-mode is not emulated - it runs on a 6510 as in a C64)

Many C64 demos has extra effects or runs at a greater speed, if they runs on a C128 in C64-mode.

I'm writing this to state why the C128 is closer releted to the C64, than Amiga, psx, pc, speccy (etc) are. C128 runs C64 programs and are compatible with C64 hardware. Hell, as i wrote b4, many C64 demos are even designed to show extra effects when they run on a C128. So they are pretty close to eachother. Hope you will all agree with me on this.

BUT, since a C128 demo (like "risen from oblivion" - the issue of our discussion) doesn't run on a C64, i see the sence in not putting it into the "C64 Demo"-category.

This is why i think there should (as i wrote in a previous post) be made some/a new C128 category, because C128 is so close to the C64. Will that be acceptable?

Also, the same ofcause applies for the SuperCPU. SuperCPU releases doesn't run on a C64, so they shouldn't be listed as C64 releases, but since SuperCPU is as close related to C64 as it is, it should also be in CSDb like the C128 should. (<- in my oppinion ofcoz' - i'm NOT trying to tell you what you must think, so don't gimme that)

Maybe (if there should be only 1 category) the names could be "C128 Release" and "SuperCPU Release" (and maybe "C65 Release" if there are any of them)
2002-03-02 00:06
Carcass

never mind, fuck it, why bother
2002-03-02 09:02
Steppe

Don't know if I got a vote here (in the end I caused the trouble by adding the demo ;-), but I agree with you Cyberbrain, and I can understand your concerns, Seven and Groepaz.
But I wonder why you make such a fuzz about it, there's hardly more than a handful of C128 (-related) productions out there, so I don't really see the point in discussing this with such a hard attitude.
If there would be a comparatively big C128 scene I'd also agree that adding C128 demos would dilute the database or mix things up unnecessarily, but with only 3 demos that I know of that use the VDC this is kind of nitpicking (i.e. Higher Level, Coma Light 11 and RFO). Any more I don't know of?
If you really want to be that strict the logical consequence would be banning _all_ productions that don't run on the _unmodified_ C64, so SCPU and demos that make use of additional hardware would have to be locked out, too. And that I would consider a loss.

I'd suggest to leave all this stuff out of the voting or give them a new category, so voting keeps as fair as possible.
2002-03-02 09:16
Seven

actually... yes, I think SuperCPU stuff should not go into the same category as "normal" C64 stuff either...

So get the few C128 and SuperCPU stuff its own category and I guess that can be a solution we can all live with... I just don't want it mixed up with the regular C64 releases, that's why I came up with the exaggerated examples of Amiga/PC/PSX/GBC releases...
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Edhellon/Resource
Flex/Artline Designs
hedning/G★P
Mr SQL
bOOZElEE
Oswald/Resource