Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Who did this fantastic graphic?
2002-09-11 18:31
Rough
Account closed

Who did this fantastic graphic?

http://pirates.emucamp.com/demos/K/kinky/c64/pic10.html

for those which the picture remembers of it's been the cover of Zzap! issue featuring Hawkeye

... 20 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2002-10-11 06:09
Seven

MIGHT also just be a redraw from the Hawkeye poster (or packaging?)... I've never seen the Amiga version of Hawkeye so I don't know what the title picture on that looks like....
the again, if it was a redraw, why did they place the logos like this... ?
2002-10-12 14:50
Rough
Account closed

like i already mentioned it is a redraw from the Zzap! front cover where they reviewed 'Hawkeye'
2002-10-13 02:09
Deev

That same picture is also on the packaging for the game though. The guy who drew the Zzap covers (Oli Frey) is also the guy who did most of the Thalamus artwork (Hawkeye included), so I guess they came to some sort of deal.

If I remember correctly, the loading screen in the game (pixelled by Robin Levy) is also based around the same picture, but Robin did a more distant view with more of the guy visible, plus mountains etc. (though it would've worked better if he'd stuck to a close-up IMO).

And in my opinion, the above picture looks converted...

2002-10-13 17:10
JCB
Account closed

Hawkeye amiga gfx were all done by Jaco van t'Riet and i'm pretty sure the pic you're talking about here isn't anything to do with it, looks more like someones edited the c64 one and changed some colours etc.
2002-10-14 16:34
hollowman

Quote: MIGHT also just be a redraw from the Hawkeye poster (or packaging?)... I've never seen the Amiga version of Hawkeye so I don't know what the title picture on that looks like....
the again, if it was a redraw, why did they place the logos like this... ?

the title pic in the amiga version looks like this

http://delfinen.telge.kth.se/~hollowman/hawkeye.gif
2007-11-02 00:16
Twoflower

Damn, was it really five years ago that we discussed this topic the last time? Anyhow, it seems that we are no closer to revealing the author now. It isn't converted, that's for sure. And the graphician is more than rather decent. It isn't cut-off - there is 5 chars missing of this pic. The last part of the logo could well have fitted there.

Question is rather - where did HBH (ZTH) get this pic?
2007-11-02 00:23
Twoflower

Hold on a second, I just discovered something - check out the little man/logo at the top of the screen. If you look closely, the arms are covering the letters S and T, and the body itself is an I...

SIT. And after have scurried around a bit both here and over the web I discovered that he isn't as well documented as f.ex SIR'88 and other ones. This one fits right into the line of work he did during that time - just look at his alternative version of the Mega Apocalypse artwork. The usage of white is also quite in the same line as his earlier work.

With all probability made somewhere between August'88 and October'89. Check out the Compunet stuff around that time and you will likely find it.
2007-11-02 01:24
chancer

I wasn't posting till very recently, guess I could have been more help..opps..

I have it on a disc somewhere, but the links here don't work.. but yer it is SIT.. I got a load more I really need to find to upload of use in a slide show or something.. I do remember the picture very well.

his conversion of the hawkeye artwork was very good.. one of my fav pics.

same with his robocop pic for ocean (who he was working for).. I think i brought up his name when they were discussing artists, and I don't think everyone has seen these pics.. so might change a few minds.

Robin Levy did do the official one in the game though, but not the one where the hawkeye man is closer up to the screen, that was sit's un official work.

although I was lucky to see some of Robin Levy's paper artwork on the walls of a at a certain rip off software house (system 3) while a friend (use that term loosely) was working there. Both good artists, Toy also did some nice cartoonist paper art. I feel dokk/matt/sir and a few more were the better known uk people, but sit did some nice work.

2007-11-03 14:24
bugjam

Anyone downloaded the pic and can post it here? The link up there is not working anymore... (404) :-(
2007-11-03 19:15
Steppe

Well observed, Sherlock Twoflaver!
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
d'Arc/Topaz Beerline
The Syndrom/TIA/Pret..
psych
Ziili/Extend
St0rmfr0nt/Quantum
Bob/Censor Design