Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user tubesockor ! (Registered 2024-05-12) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Legend - the will of god...
2004-01-20 11:45
Westbam
Account closed

Legend - the will of god...

Unbelievable but true...

Delayed by almost 4(!) years the Legend memorial website is due to be launched imminently. If anyone of you guys still has some rare Legend releases we couldn´t dig up so far it would be great if you could send it to me...

Furthermore, if any old Legend members are on here, please get in touch with me aswell to fulfill your information. All Legenders can also receive their own "@legend64.com" e-mail address...

Special thanks for their co-effort so far must be given to Mason, Radar and Midfit for their great contributions...

Westbam / Legend (http://www.legend64.com)
2004-01-20 12:05
Matt

that's good news!
finally, I'd say!
;)
2004-01-20 12:08
Westbam
Account closed

To be honest, if I´d have known from the beginning how much work this would cause, I wouldn´t have started it in the first place...

But now I´m almost done with everything...
2004-01-20 12:46
TDJ

Just curious: I remember a guy living in Arnhem, Holland who was a member of Legend in '88 (his handle was Pizza, real name Robert I think). Was it in fact the same group or just another group with a different name?
2004-01-20 13:10
Westbam
Account closed

Pizza was a very early member of Legend. He was some kind of a troublemaker to be exact. Goldfish & Powerplant had him removed from the roster pretty soon after as he wasn´t really the guy to come up to their expectations (now that was politeful wasn´t it?)...
2004-01-20 13:59
TDJ

Yeh, I remember him being at odds with quite a lot of people. Still, I never had any problems with him, he visited several of the WWE parties we organised (his hometown was rather close to ours) and I remember he was a lot of fun. Lost sight of him late '88 though ..
2004-01-20 14:11
midfit
Account closed

Just one thing I like to add in the behalf of Legend.. Expect a nice design by one of the more famous graphicans / designers in the business in cooperation with many of us. (No .. Won't mention his name! 8-) ) Until then I hope your mouths get watered :)=
2004-01-20 20:39
Shake

hmmmm ;) That's probably Mirage isn't he
2004-01-21 00:24
Mirage

lies! all lies! (I know who it is, and it isn't me, or I might have been 'blackmail'ed)

TDJ: sure you don't know any other legend people that used to live in arnhem? ;)
2004-01-21 07:19
TDJ

Quote: lies! all lies! (I know who it is, and it isn't me, or I might have been 'blackmail'ed)

TDJ: sure you don't know any other legend people that used to live in arnhem? ;)

Ehm lemme think .. no .. no .. can't think of anyone .. :)

How's life in England, any games you've worked on that I can download already? Uh, I mean buy ofcourse, buy!
2004-01-21 09:15
midfit
Account closed

Lies? Assumptions - would've been more fitting. Nah, it is not Mirage. And also if everybody would think of him, he mentioned it himself.. He isn't the one! Hint: We have been working together with somebody who is actually not from the C64. No more words about it, see the result.
2004-01-21 16:47
Anthrax
Account closed

I have seen some parts of the homepage last friday and it looks to me that Westbam and the others put a lot of effort into this.... Looking forward for the finished site.

Anthrax / Legend
2004-01-21 20:04
Westbam
Account closed

Well, I´ve been working on the idea about a Legend site for years now (Midfit knows as I kept on talking about it...) for a few years. I have made something like 8 or 9 layouts so far in total but I have cut this down to 2 versions now. We´ll see which one turns out to be the winner rather soon... Either it will be a technically up to date design or a retro C64 layout. Now the question is what pepole would prefer and rather like to browse through?!?

Westbam / Legend
2004-01-21 21:40
Tricket

Nice to see.. I will show up, no doubt about that!

Congrats!
2004-01-22 09:58
Radar
Account closed

Any idea when the site will be up for good?
2004-01-22 11:55
Westbam
Account closed

I plan on being done with everything by february. There´s still some heavy work to do but the development is going quite well I guess...
2004-01-22 18:21
Matt

is legend still active on any system?
pwp, goldfish, anthrax, westbam... anyone?

I'm also after this little proggie probably called 'floppy sound' or something like that. I'm pretty sure it was coded by someone in legend back then. the proggy made your discdrive like 'sing' a christmas song, if I recall correctly.

2004-01-22 20:23
TDJ

Quote: is legend still active on any system?

I'm also after this little proggie probably called 'floppy sound' or something like that. I'm pretty sure it was coded by someone in legend back then. the proggy made your discdrive like 'sing' a christmas song, if I recall correctly.

If only there was a site where we could get that information about Legend!

Oh wait ..
2004-01-22 21:50
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: is legend still active on any system?

That stupid program was written by Midas. The guy coded all kinds of little programs, message writers and some games (mainly text based adventures).

And nope, the dragon rests at present...

Westbam / Legend
2004-01-23 00:20
Matt

Quote: If only there was a site where we could get that information about Legend!

Oh wait ..

ehm,
okay,
got the point
2004-01-23 11:06
Westbam
Account closed

However, I´d still like to gain some points of view concerning a C64 web page. Would you people rather look at a retro styled site or would you prefer an up to date design?
2004-01-23 12:42
Hero

Mike : when you are done with the Legend site, you can do one for ILLUSION....hehe or someone else who have the time.

Harry
2004-01-23 14:19
Radar
Account closed

Quote: However, I´d still like to gain some points of view concerning a C64 web page. Would you people rather look at a retro styled site or would you prefer an up to date design?

Well, it's a hard question to answer. For the sense it should be retro. Can't you make both and let the users choose when thy enter the site?
2004-01-26 11:01
Hero

Or : LEGEND & ILLUSION HQ.hehe
who could belive that for like 15years ago...!!!
gee we had some fun back there.

Harry

HERO / LEGEND & ILLUSION
2004-01-26 14:39
Oxbow

Quote: Well, it's a hard question to answer. For the sense it should be retro. Can't you make both and let the users choose when thy enter the site?

You could make one site and have 2 different stylesheets..
2004-01-26 14:45
Oxbow

the following url demonstrates one html design and various css templates (which i think is quite kewl):

http://www.mezzoblue.com/zengarden/alldesigns/
2004-02-03 22:57
Dishy

@Westbam: Hi! Were you also a part of Legend on the Amiga? As far as I know Legend did pretty well there, like Skidrow etc.

About the old Ikari folks Doc, Fletch, and Excell didn´t some of them go to the pc-scene? If so, were they also a part of LegendPC then?

Dishy

Dishy - keep the c64 alive - Dishy
2004-02-03 23:08
midfit
Account closed

Althrough it was directed towards Westbam, I'd like to tell some points out of my own experience with the name Legend and it's Amiga members. Legend Amiga had not much to do with the name Legend at all. I am sure Westbam can point that better out than me, he knows the background in this point better than me. And if he won't tell it here, I am sure you'll be able to read it on the upcoming homepage. However I have to add that Legend was never a serious game releasing force on the Amiga - sowith absolutly not leading according to the standards you may have set up in your posting (and surely no competition to Skid Row) - it was just a fixing/trainer group. At some stage they were leading the Trainer Scene, but loosing much of the grounds after the new Amiga Generation was released. Several groups like Hoodlum and/or Delirium took over then. Legend Amiga decided to go to the SNES then, where I actually had the pleasure to get good friend with the man behind the many good trainers.. His nick was NSC. He was responsible for the first Lightgun->Joypad fix on the SNES. This may sound easy according to nowadays standards, but you can believe me it was not :) As far as I remember we even planned to work together at one stage, but somehow this didn't worked out. The name Legend vanished from the Super Nintendo around beginning of 1995. And sowith also NSC.

Best regards,

-midfit!
2004-02-04 00:53
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: @Westbam: Hi! Were you also a part of Legend on the Amiga? As far as I know Legend did pretty well there, like Skidrow etc.

About the old Ikari folks Doc, Fletch, and Excell didn´t some of them go to the pc-scene? If so, were they also a part of LegendPC then?

Dishy

Well, Midfits reply is correct so I can cut my answer short. No original member of Legend on the 64 was part of the Amiga section, the onyl connection had been Powerplant being a friend of some members.. They asked if they could use the name and we originally wanted to turn them down but didn´t in the end. They never made it in the cracking scene but had some name into doing trainers. The SNES expansion afterwards was very impressive and successful though...

About the PC thing, pc/Legend was founded by Butcher/NEC/NEI and myself leaving Razor 1911 behind. Fletch, Doc and Snacky (ex-G*P) had been part of this quite successful PC expansion. It didn´t last too long however..

And to end this, Midfit is right again, the complete story of Legend and it´s appearances on various systems can be read on the forthcoming website...
2004-02-04 12:44
Dishy

Ok, thanks for the very good answers both of you.

Maybe you you can use this site to complete the story of Legend.

http://exotica.fix.no/info/scenery/online/l.html

Maybe you already know this site. I think on the C64 part much are missing and there are lot´s of incorrect data on Exotica, but still it´s quite funny to read it, so it´s an ok site I think, and maybe you can even find something about Legend on the Amiga you didn´t know.

2004-02-04 17:41
Westbam
Account closed

Dishy: Thanks I know this site actually. But I ain´t the person to judge the story on the Amiga in a correct way as I never liked Amiga nor did much to it anyhow... Info on the Amiga expansion must be verified by either Powerplant or Midfit...
2004-02-04 21:33
Westbam
Account closed

Dishy: I just read throught the scene info about Legen don this homepage concerning the C64 and the Amiga expansion and the 64 part, at least, is total garbage. I haven´t seen so many false informations about Legend anywhere else..
2004-02-05 11:14
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Dishy: I just read throught the scene info about Legen don this homepage concerning the C64 and the Amiga expansion and the 64 part, at least, is total garbage. I haven´t seen so many false informations about Legend anywhere else..

Well, there are a lot of wrong informations about nearly all decent groups...
2004-02-06 08:55
Hero

Quote: Dishy: I just read throught the scene info about Legen don this homepage concerning the C64 and the Amiga expansion and the 64 part, at least, is total garbage. I haven´t seen so many false informations about Legend anywhere else..

oohh my god! read under ILLUSION! what the fuck.... Garbage, you are to nice Mike! IT SUCK! well well i have been told before " dont belive everything you read " and that sure is true!

Harry
2004-02-06 10:12
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: oohh my god! read under ILLUSION! what the fuck.... Garbage, you are to nice Mike! IT SUCK! well well i have been told before " dont belive everything you read " and that sure is true!

Harry

Hehe, I didn´t know you were fined for phreaking at $25.000.. What did you do to pay that off? Sell your neat body and your tiny asshole ???

I really wonder if people putting up such homepage never feel the urge to ask someone from back then about their first class informations ?!?
2004-02-06 14:15
Hero

Quote: Hehe, I didn´t know you were fined for phreaking at $25.000.. What did you do to pay that off? Sell your neat body and your tiny asshole ???

I really wonder if people putting up such homepage never feel the urge to ask someone from back then about their first class informations ?!?

am sorry Mike, i sold your mother!
But its true, they tried to fine me $25.000, but they didnt understand jack shit. so the case got to old ( 5 years in Norway) and they droped the charges. They called me up afther 5 years and asked if they should just waste my c-64 and the disk +++ all the other stuff. No way i said. so i picked it up. The funny was, that the dude i got my c-64 and stuff back was 1 of them who stormed our house ( 5 people). My parents was sure i had murded someone. Coz they where cracy!

Harry
2004-02-07 18:16
Dishy

Yep, as I wrote - there sure is lots of incorrect date at that site. I think the Amiga-part is more correct than the C64 - at least I hope so - coz the C64-part is full of misunderstanding in all my former groups I guess. Wish I had the time and energi to clear it all up in every detail, for some of the groups I find important, but it would take a damn long time with all those particular "date-informations" etc., which I actually think is a good idea at this site, if only they could handle it correctly. Guess they´ve got most informations about me/you and all the other groups/persons from several different mags, so even if there are lots of mistakes, I think there are lots of hard work behind the very sites, which is done in a good believe ofcourse..

2004-02-07 18:20
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: am sorry Mike, i sold your mother!
But its true, they tried to fine me $25.000, but they didnt understand jack shit. so the case got to old ( 5 years in Norway) and they droped the charges. They called me up afther 5 years and asked if they should just waste my c-64 and the disk +++ all the other stuff. No way i said. so i picked it up. The funny was, that the dude i got my c-64 and stuff back was 1 of them who stormed our house ( 5 people). My parents was sure i had murded someone. Coz they where cracy!

Harry

Harry I remember when they caught Anthrax (Gunther). This stupid cops rang almost every bell in the entire house before they did their act in order to make sure everyone would notice what they were up to.

Unluckily Anthrax knew that they were coming because of some recent busts and had everything cleaned up... Tough shit!

Hehe, I can imagine your parents thoughts in the first place... "Oh god, we raised a murder. He´s propably raped a girl, too!"
2004-02-09 14:13
Morpheus

Radar, Westbam and Hero!

First of all, good to see your names once again!

Secondly, why not stop complaining about how bad Scenery is, correct what's wrong and send it off to Glenn? I mean, there's nothing creative about just complaining, is there? I know Glenn will be very happy to hear what you have to say!

Regards,

Andreas // www.c64hq.com
2004-02-09 14:30
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: Radar, Westbam and Hero!

First of all, good to see your names once again!

Secondly, why not stop complaining about how bad Scenery is, correct what's wrong and send it off to Glenn? I mean, there's nothing creative about just complaining, is there? I know Glenn will be very happy to hear what you have to say!

Regards,

Andreas // www.c64hq.com

First of all, I did not complain in general about this scenery site at all. I just pointed out the fact that the revision giving on Legend is entirely wrong. Propably other groups are right or more correct but I don´t know, I didn´t check...

Second of all, I also suggested that if someone makes up such a site it should be on him to make up his informations he spreads in a correct way...

An example, I have never heard of any newspaper for example that just spreads some bullshit without checking back on their informations. It is usually the way that you try to backup your informations, it is not up to the people mentioned to correct these faults afterwards, is it?

I can just say that neither me nor Powerplant nor Goldfish have ever been contacted by this guy to find out if his revision is correct or not. Now on the other hand it is quite surprising finding out how many wrong rumours are spread about the group and none of the people providing these stories seem to be interested in getting their facts straight...

So to cut this short, I cannot notice anything creative about just typing up some unverified bullshit either...
2004-02-09 15:01
midfit
Account closed

Honest opinion? Scenery == biggest bullshit ever released. While mag editors tried to verify their stuff, the editor of the scenery wrote down every(!) slight little bit he may have heard. For me this kind of work does not deserve any kind of respect at all. Seems more like a fast work to get some attention from n00bs than a serious try to collect facts about groups.

Best regards,

-midfit!
2004-02-09 15:57
TDJ

Morph: I'd rather spend my time updating csdb than trying to get Scenery more correct, if you don't mind :)
2004-02-09 16:27
Hero

I have to admit that i just read it for like 2 minutes. And it looked rather strang! But i will use more time on it next time. it was a bit confusing, when i saw 3 groups was using the same name! No hard feelings!

Harry

Hero/ILLUSION
2004-02-09 20:18
Menace

Thought it would be a good idea for me to jump in at this stage, and attempt to explain a few things concerning Scenery. But first of all, thanks for the criticism, such as it is. If no one voices their opinions, there can be no improvement.

Second, I suspect Buzz hasn't updated Exotica yet, so download the recently released version 2.00 of scenery64 on c64hq for an up-to-date version.

Third (and this is where it gets interesting): I am very much aware that there are mistakes in Scenery vs The Truth. I started Scenery for my own sake, because I found it interesting to do the research. I had to start somewhere, and I started with diskmags. I started by organizing the information i extracted from these diskmags, in such a way that I could perhaps get a better overview. This also meant that in some cases I inherited errors (and often blatant lies) from others. This was unavoidable in the start of the process, naturally, and my vision was always that I would root out these gremlins as research went along, slowly building a more correct view of how events and other things really transpired.

Westbam: If I knew of a way to contact people, and ask questions, in the past, I have. Often all I have found are old, dead e-mail addresses. When I started working on Scenery64, this site (and others like it) did not exist, and there was no easy way to contact (or even find) you or a lot of the other early c64 sceners. Where would one start? I had to depend (and still do) on people getting in touch with me if they find inaccuracies. My email is right there, folks, and it's a lot more constructive than bitching about it here. Understand that I have absolutely no interest in presenting false information, if I know it to be false. But in many cases, until people tell me, I have no way of knowing.

TDJ: That's fine, we need (at least) two points of view - and csdb is a really good initiative. Good luck!

midfit: You are naturally entitled to your opinion, but scenery has certainly never been 'fast work', and has attracted very little attention from n00bs. :) I started doing scenery because I found it stimulating and interesting, and it was only later that others suggested to me it was a good idea to share the information.

Hope this cleared up a FEW misunderstandings, and at least better explained my motivation and philosphy, since it seemed that SOME of you imho kind of missed the entire point of it... If the information is so wrong, and offends you so much, then PLEASE step forward and help correct it.

And for the record; c64hq is our new home, the exotica site is kinda redundant, and (probably) still hosts the year-old version, even though I sent Buzz the update.

Thanks for your time.
2004-02-09 20:44
Morpheus

TDJ,

Scenery is a part of C64hq now and we will do our best to improve it. And I'm gonna start by terrorizing you about the WWE and Focus days pretty soon! :D

Cheers mate!

Andreas // www.c64hq.com
2004-02-09 21:56
Westbam
Account closed

@Morph / @Menace:

Looking up for me (for example) ain´t that much of a problem. The first e-mail address you run into is my e-mail address via America Online established in 1994. The E-Mail address you find on various earch engiens (e.g. Google) is still valid so there is *NO PROBLEM* whatsoever in contacting me. Until now nobody tried to get in touch with me to correct false informations concerning Legend - the will of god! This is fact! And sorry, I do not spend my life on correcting false informations on every site there is on this planet. I think this is a job that needs to be done by the responsible persons. However, I cannot judge every person and every group of course but concerning Legend - the will of god, it had never been a problem to find out the truth. Several people contacted me because of several things they wanted to clear up (e.g. Midfit, Jazzcat, Mason etc. etc.) so I simply do not accept this excuse when it comes to this group... Fact is that noone involved into Scenery has tried to get in touch with me so far nor with the other mentioned responsible persons involved into Legend - the will of god. Therefore I simply have to say my opinion and have to discredit the type of journalism brought towards Legend - the will of god!
2004-02-09 22:02
Morpheus

I mailed you 30 mins ago mate! :)
2004-02-09 22:12
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: I mailed you 30 mins ago mate! :)

Hehe, I just received your e-mail man and instantly replied of course...

Actually now this was my fault, I should have checked on all of my e-mail accounts before running my mouth...
2004-02-09 22:16
Westbam
Account closed

Legend - the will of god

I´d like to give a little update on development of the website in general. Actually we have finally finished all coding concerning the website and the most of the content. Actually we are fulfilling the release list and have certain informations being verified by Goldfish and Powerplant. At this point of time I still have to put about 250 releases into it and I´ll be done with a version I could release publically.... I still miss around 150 releases I know of but I´m eager to get these games aswell.

Thanks to all the people like Mason(!), Midfit, Radar, Powerplant etc. that help me a lot with their efforts...
2004-02-09 23:03
TDJ

@Menace: I myself am not part of the noname crew but I do feel that csdb is more useful than scenery (because of the fact that it's a database opposed to your more static text), and much more reliable.

I do admire your efforts on it but there's a lot in scenery which is so obviously wrong that I, and many with me I guess, feel it's almost impossible to improve upon on. Example: for Focus you claim that it only ever had Dutch members (which is true), yet you mention Geir Tjelta (who's from Norway) as one of its members. With mistakes like that it's hard to be taken serious.

Still that doesn't mean I'll deny you my answers concerning the groups I was a member of, but you'll have to ask for them, csdb gets them for free :)

@Morpheus: bring it on :)
2004-02-10 07:39
Hero

But we all know that Legend suck! so i dont see the problem!

Harry

HERO/ILLUSION
2004-02-10 07:49
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: But we all know that Legend suck! so i dont see the problem!

Harry

HERO/ILLUSION

Yeah I guess you´re right. We were simpy too soft. As we live in middle europe we were simply not used to a hard life compared to living in an igloo up in ice cold norway so how should we ever beat you tough guys ?!?
2004-02-10 07:51
Hero

well... if i remember right there was a man back in 1940-1945 who tried!!!heheheh

Harry
2004-02-10 07:52
Westbam
Account closed

@Hero: Hell, that loser was austrian so don´t blame me...
2004-02-10 08:22
Menace

Westbam: I was not trying to make excuses, just explain how things sometimes are when attempting to track down people. Some people are hard to find, others just don't reply. This site, in particular, has helped a lot with bringing old sceners back into contact, and we DO aspire to check information when available. But up until now, the total amount of people working on scenery has been ONE. Just me. On a dial-up connection. There are just so many hours in the day...

TDJ: I understand your sentiments. Perhaps Scenery won't stay static for much longer however. Stay tuned... ;)

Hero: Hvis du kunne være så vennelig å ta kontakt, så kan vi kanskje se om vi ikke får fikset på Illusion's entry også? På forhånd takk...
2004-02-10 09:09
Hero

OK, skal gjøre det.

Pupersticker!....

Harry
2004-02-10 09:21
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: Westbam: I was not trying to make excuses, just explain how things sometimes are when attempting to track down people. Some people are hard to find, others just don't reply. This site, in particular, has helped a lot with bringing old sceners back into contact, and we DO aspire to check information when available. But up until now, the total amount of people working on scenery has been ONE. Just me. On a dial-up connection. There are just so many hours in the day...

TDJ: I understand your sentiments. Perhaps Scenery won't stay static for much longer however. Stay tuned... ;)

Hero: Hvis du kunne være så vennelig å ta kontakt, så kan vi kanskje se om vi ikke får fikset på Illusion's entry også? På forhånd takk...

Pal, it is certainly not my intention to drag you down or discredit your effort in general. I just state my opinion in this case and as I said, I can only judge the reachability and the feedbacks given on my own and the groups I have been involved in. Therefore I must say that the information given is rather incomplete and wrong and you def. did not try to contact anyone from the Legend staff to get the story straight.

I also noticed your efforts in correcting this by contacting me immediately and I certainly will provide you with the informations you need, no doubt. I have returned you an email asking what kind of informations you need in specific and I´ll make this up as fast as possible like I promised of course...
2004-02-10 11:00
midfit
Account closed

>midfit: You are naturally entitled to your opinion, but >scenery has certainly never been 'fast work', and has >attracted very little attention from n00bs. :) I started >doing scenery because I found it stimulating and interesting, >and it was only later that others suggested to me it was a >good idea to share the information.

@Menace: Scenery looks and appears like fast work. Sowith my conclusion about it being a work done in a fast way to attract some attention from people who didn't got THE experience. Concerning the "n00bs". Well you don't know how many dudes confronted me with the wrong details being put up by Scenery. Thus they were "n00bs" and believing in every crap Scenery wrote (!People are not only too dumb to vote!), I had to correct these details in long conversations. Costing my energy and resulting into the fact that I came to a point where I didn't reacted anylonger to this stuff. However your written (and wrong) words still stand up in your Scenery. And nah - I won't contact anybody to correct them, because I didn't ask anybody in the first place to write anything about my name or the groups I have been in. Nor I expect anybody to tell the happenings beside that. If I like to, I will tell them myself. Then I got something other to criticize here and that's how the Scenery works with personal information. Like listing the names of several Quartex (Amiga), Dynamic Duo (C64), Skid Row (Amiga) members. Of cause it's a unwritten secret, a lot of people know by now already. But does it need to be written down for every plonker? Do we need this? Me not. And nah - It's not always a good idea to share every information. Btw. I put the same thing in question regarding CSDb. Whereever I will see the real name of a cracker being published I could get ill. I mean how silly can some individual get? If somebody would likes to spread his personal info, he should do it on his own.
2004-02-10 12:52
Radar
Account closed

And as a matter of fact, I already wrote e-mails to the runner of this scenery-stuff about groups I have been involved with. No reply...
2004-02-10 15:36
Morpheus

>Costing my energy and resulting into the
>fact that I came to a point where I
>didn't reacted anylonger to this stuff.

This is when I think you should have put down some energy on helping out to get the info right at the source. Let's give it another try!

Radar: Same to you! Let's give it another try and let's get the correct info! How can I get in touch with ya?

Andreas // www.c64hq.com
2004-02-12 00:34
Westbam
Account closed

aehrm... Legend rules...
2004-02-12 10:43
Radar
Account closed

Quote: aehrm... Legend rules...

@Morph:
Via E-Mail

@Westbam:
Get me a beer, Jesper is too slow and Harry too cold...

;-)
2004-02-12 13:15
Westbam
Account closed

@Radar: Sorry you´re too late, I drank all on my own last night.... Gawd, I have a headache.... We´re getting old!
2004-02-13 00:01
Westbam
Account closed

Holy shit! Didn´t these east block morons in russia have anything else to do than putting their lame ass Russia import intros onto our releases back then? I cannot believe how many versions I found by now some russian "import group" (yeah right!) slapped an intro in front of releases from various groups ?!?

However, if this wouldn´t be hilarious enough, could someone please tell me what kind of lame ass shit group Hotline turned into after I had quit? I digged up loads of Hotline wares which are obviously recracked Legend releases... I cannot believe that some retards really went for discrediting a name like Hotline that bad!
2004-02-13 07:30
Mason

Hotline's selling division did alot of crap with renaming files in multiloaders and adding their own intros etc.

The filerenaming were quite easy as we always used e.g. 01.* when we loaded a file. Quite lame to rename.
2004-02-13 18:46
cba

Quote: Holy shit! Didn´t these east block morons in russia have anything else to do than putting their lame ass Russia import intros onto our releases back then? I cannot believe how many versions I found by now some russian "import group" (yeah right!) slapped an intro in front of releases from various groups ?!?

However, if this wouldn´t be hilarious enough, could someone please tell me what kind of lame ass shit group Hotline turned into after I had quit? I digged up loads of Hotline wares which are obviously recracked Legend releases... I cannot believe that some retards really went for discrediting a name like Hotline that bad!

I know what you mean there Westbam,
I found several TRC+TBI , SCS*TRC cracks with added
intro's .. really lame and hard to understand.

In Holland you had a group called TWINS that were
selling alot of games , they also added their lame
intro infront and YUP Hotline was certainly doing the
same for a long time, it was sort of a full time
job for them back in the days to sell games.

C B A
2004-02-13 21:01
midfit
Account closed

I would like to mention Krabat here too. Actually he added his intro (bought from Starfrontiers) to nearly every ware he could get into his fingers.
2004-02-14 09:39
Radar
Account closed

Quote: I would like to mention Krabat here too. Actually he added his intro (bought from Starfrontiers) to nearly every ware he could get into his fingers.

In the late 80s, we would have called this being a re-cracker ;-)
2004-02-14 10:37
Morpheus

Quote: I would like to mention Krabat here too. Actually he added his intro (bought from Starfrontiers) to nearly every ware he could get into his fingers.

Are you 100 percent sure about this?
2004-02-21 07:07
Tricket

Too slow? Hmpf.. I am no pimplesquesser! ;)
2004-02-21 08:41
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Too slow? Hmpf.. I am no pimplesquesser! ;)

You should have used the latest Darksqueezer on you then. Hahaha...

Are you coming to holland, Jesper? Would be quite nice to see a couple of old Dominators there, too. Maybe we should tgry to get in touch with a few of them...
2004-02-26 06:57
Tricket

I am not sure yet.. I would like to, but I am damn busy with my firm. It sure as hell could be fun!..
2004-03-04 12:27
Matt

any news on http://www.legend64.com/ ?
2004-03-26 09:15
Jazzcat

Work in progress as far as I know. I'm certain the download section will rock.
2004-03-26 10:59
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Work in progress as far as I know. I'm certain the download section will rock.

Yup, let's strech Westbam's traffic ;-)
2004-03-27 20:35
Tricket

Where the heck is Mike these days????
2004-03-28 12:24
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Where the heck is Mike these days????

If you would finally visit www.totalkaos.de and check the new internal forum (you got the word!!!) you would see him...
2004-03-28 21:32
Tricket

..yeah.. I try to be everywhere, but fail time to time. That board is so fucking huge!!! ;)
2004-03-29 12:15
Radar
Account closed

Quote: ..yeah.. I try to be everywhere, but fail time to time. That board is so fucking huge!!! ;)

Correct, but you got access to the special sub on there ;-)
2004-04-29 09:02
Westbam
Account closed

Hell yeah,

I am still alive of course.

I had some major busy months lately so I was kinda gone.

The homepage is done but I´m still working on the download section and I want to have this finished before I launch the whole site...

Actually I´m bounded into two big web projects right now which means I work on the d/l section while I take some mintues off from my normal work.

Progress is going strong, ýou´ll see...
2004-12-17 17:04
Matt

http://www.legend64.com/
any news about this website?
when is it going to be launched?
any minute now?
8)
2004-12-17 23:09
The Overkiller
Account closed

All the scrolltexts typed by Goldfish must be preserved !!!!
2004-12-19 22:29
Cupid

Who did that unreadable but cool logo?
2004-12-19 23:26
The Overkiller
Account closed

It should be nice to put that one with the citadel in the background used in many Legend intros.
2004-12-20 11:48
Oxbow

the cool logo is done by mirage afaik..
2005-02-02 22:13
Westbam
Account closed

As far as it goes for the website, I am still trying to get everything done besides of my normal work. However, business is eating up most of my life right now so I am kinda stucked on progressing the website for some weeks up to now...

But, the project will be finished *PROMISE*....
2005-02-03 06:48
Jazzcat

Cool, I can certainly lend a hand with any html or content.
2005-02-06 17:29
Westbam
Account closed

Thanks Dave but the site is technically done. I just haven´t had the time to fill up the releases and I don´t really feel like making someting half finished public...
2005-02-10 23:00
The Overkiller
Account closed

By the way: who composed the really nice tune you hear in the site ? It's a sort of Parallax's remix, but much better. I also found it in a pair of Legend intros. I'm interested to find out a .sid file of it.
2005-02-11 22:04
Westbam
Account closed

Welps, if I remember correctly the music was from some Ocean Tape Loader. Dunno the game exactly anymore though. Unfortunately I lost a hell load of data when I moved a few years ago so I only have this midi version...
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Sentinel/Excess/TREX
kbs/Pht/Lxt
echo
Strepto/Lethargy
Jazzcat/Onslaught
Thunder.Bird/HF/MYD!..