Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
  You are not logged in - nap
The Shaolin Temple   (TST)

BBS Type :
Illegal, Wares

Trivia :
Shock magazine WHQ
Mamba HQ

Previously called Castle of Radiance, the board came online in December 1989, running on AA-BBS 1.4 at 1200 baud with 1x1541 and 1x1581 drive. In January 1990 the board switched to Ivory 1.3 with an additional two 1581 drives.

In April 1990 the board upgraded to 2400 baud and changed name to The Shaolin Temple, signing on TSM as HQ.

From Corruption #12:

The Shaolin temple went on-line in dec. of '89. at the time it was called the CASTLE OF RADIANCE and was running on the aabbs 1.4 with only 1200 baud and just a '41 and an '81 drive. through a friend of mine who was then in MIRAGE i became a mirage distributor board. in jan of '90, i switched to the ivory 1.3 and got 2 more '81 drives. at that time i had my user log shut of at 75 members, but they were good users that called regularly and really added a lot to the board. i think the users were about 75% american then, and they seemed to always have codes to call with.

in april of '90 i became a TSM board and mirage and i went our separate ways. i got the 2400 baud modem later on that month, and changed the board name to the shaolin temple.

the only changes up until march of '91 were the percentage of callers had changed to where the callers were half euro and half american. it was also about that time i became MAMBA hq. as well as being tsm hq. when warez castle (then i+t hq) went down for good the temple also became I+T hq.

Sysops :
Aycee (Main)
Bod (Co)
Peter (Co)

Groups :
Ikari (HQ)
Legend (HQ)
Mirage (HQ)
North East Crackers (HQ)
North East Importers (HQ)
Talent (HQ)
The Shaolin Monastery (HQ)
Fantastic 4 Cracking Group (Support)

Phone :
402-734-3634

Nebraska
United States

Online periods :
December 1989 - 1994

Users : (55)
2NY, Atmos, Aycee, Blockbuster, Board Rider, Bod, Burglar, CBA, Chotaire, Dave, Design, Dr. Doom, Excell, Fen1, Fletch, Freddy, Freestyle, Goldfish, Gotcha, Hok, Horizon, Jazzcat, Jinx, Jucke, Master Kracker, Mendrake, Moloch, Mr.Ammo, Parson, Peacemaker, Peter, Powerplant, Rainman, Rebel, Rough, Sixx, Skid Row, Snoop, Solar, Sonny, Stablizer, Stealth, Swan Song, The Alien, The Bit Bandit, The Communist, The Executioner, The Sorcerer, Total Chaos, Tricket, Vengeance, Weasel, Westbam, XXX, Zaldron

Search CSDb
Advanced
Navigate
Prev - Random - Next
Forum
ยท Discuss this BBS
Support CSDb
Help keep CSDb running:

Funding status:

Home - Disclaimer
Copyright © No Name 2001-2024
Page generated in: 0.075 sec.