Ms Lily's Haunted Shop 
Released At :
Cassette 50 Charity Competition
|User rating:||awaiting 8 votes (8 left)|
Look for downloads on external sites:
Submitted by Bago Zonde on 5 April 2021
|As this game loads partially on the screen, to load it properly, type the loading instruction at the very top of the screen:|
This game was created for The C64 'Cassette 50' Charity Competition and will not be released until the competition is over. You can still play it in a browser.
This competition is about creating a brand new compilation tape - with any proceeds to be donated to Special Effect Charity - featuring games by C64 developers of all levels of experience, focusing on great gameplay in a mini-game format while still retaining the look or feel of a Cassette 50 game, an infamous collection of games published by Cascade in 1983 and an early example of 'shovelware'.
For many years, Ms Lily ran a small shop. Her shop was one of the best known shops in Fulfilia land, as she always had the most exquisite goods available for purchase. No one even dared to compete.
Until one day, when the evil wizard Minimalis came to the land. He travelled from the distant kingdom of Abandonia with one goal: to annex Fulfilia to Abandonia. But that could only happen once he remove all things from this land and made it completely empty. As Lily's shop had all things a citizen would need, with his magic skills, he decided to put a spell on the assortment of Lily's shop. In one moment, all the boots jumped from the shelves, and the tea pots sprang up as if they were full of boiling water.
Lily has to stop all her merchandise from running away before it's too late.
Game supports PAL/NTSC/DREAN machines.
- You're controlling Ms Lily with a joystick in port 2
- Moving joystick in any direction will move Ms Lily on the screen
- Keep fire button pressed to shoot a friendly fire
- If you're using an emulator, please remember, that the game is designed to work with a joystick or a joypad, and due to the fast paced nature of the game,
the same experience cannot be guaranteed with a keyboard
- Number of the current room is in the top left corner of the screen
- Current score is shown in the top right corner of the screen
- In the top right corner, diamonds indicate the number of Ms Lily's lives
- The rest of the screen displays action of the game
How to play
- There are 16 rooms in total in the shop
- Ms Lily shoots a friendly fire by keeping the fire button pressed
- Ms Lily has to save all blue or red items by directing a friendly fire of the opposite colour
- By releasing the fire button and pressing it again, the colour of friendly fire will change to the opposite colour: red or blue
- If items are golden, they are already in possession of the wizard and Ms Lily cannot save them anymore - she has to avoid them at all costs
- Ms Lily starts the game with 3 lives
- Touching any item ends up with the loss of 1 life
- Saving all red and blue items in a single room gives 1,000 points bonus
- For every 10,000 points earned, Ms Lily will receive a new life (up to but no more than 3)
Project game requirements
- Code must fit under $1000 memory location
- Program cannot write to memory locations above $1000 except $D000 - $DFFF area
· Summaries (1)|
· User Comments
· Production Notes
· Hidden Parts