Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #236084 : Yes, you are all wrong
2023-10-08 20:11
mankeli

Release id #236084 : Yes, you are all wrong

But is it the "cultural marxism" what this prod refers to?

My understanding is that it's a actually an American conspiracy theory. From Wikipedia:
Quote:

The term "Cultural Marxism" refers to a far-right antisemitic conspiracy theory which misrepresents the Frankfurt School as being responsible for modern progressive movements, identity politics, and political correctness.

The conspiracy theory posits that there is an ongoing and intentional academic and intellectual effort to subvert Western society via a planned culture war that undermines the Christian values of traditionalist conservatism and seeks to replace them with culturally liberal values.

Source

... 67 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2023-11-17 01:21
spider-j

Quoting wacek
By the way, I strongly urge people using terms like "wokeness" or "political correctness" to educate themselves a bit with the history of those terms, and understand how their meaning have been hijacked by the far right.
"Woke" is a term appropriated from Afroamericans and its original meaning was completely different, and "political correctness" have itself gone through at least 2 changes of the meaning since it's creation ;)

This. <3

But unfortunalely also: I don't know anymore what people mean when they use those terms. They have become hollow phrases to me. Would be easier if people would stop using them.

As it is right now, I must admit that I think everyone using those terms is an idiot. So silly as it may seem. But I never came across someone who uses those terms and actually expresses good ideas instead of hollow phrases. It has become random background noise for me.
2023-11-17 11:19
4gentE

@wacek

I'm sorry if I was expressing myself unclearly.
Please understand that I'm not attaching nationality to this. At least not in any sort of prejudiced way.
I'm perfectly aware that strong, if not the strongest opposition to these weird views expressed by these people that (as I said before, direct quote) "happen to be from Poland" also come from Poland. DJ Gruby, You, Jammer, F7sus4 just to name a few. Also I hope You noted the difference between "happen to be" and "are". PiS is not Poland, and Poland is not PiS. I love Poland and Poles. I have nothing but love and respect for Poland and Poles. I absolutely despise PiS. Also, Poland voted on this recently, I've been watching the elections pretty closely, bcz I actually care for Poland, and I'm proud and happy with the results. Kudos Poland!

What I was trying to do is make Raf think about the fact that he shares views with the ruling PiS elite. Which happens/happened to be in power in Poland for too darn long. Make him wonder, wait, is this me, or is this propaganda talking? Sure as hell there's a shitload of Poles that don't repeat the PiS propaganda. Majority in fact.

P.S. A message to PiS: "WAS DOŠĆ"
2023-11-17 11:34
4gentE

Quote:
But unfortunalely also: I don't know anymore what people mean when they use those terms. They have become hollow phrases to me. Would be easier if people would stop using them.

As it is right now, I must admit that I think everyone using those terms is an idiot. So silly as it may seem. But I never came across someone who uses those terms and actually expresses good ideas instead of hollow phrases. It has become random background noise for me.

That.
Similarly, this "other side" came up with the term "cancel culture". In recent years this term also became a way to detect bigoted bullshitters. Now, is the world going to adopt this poisoned term or reject it?
2023-11-17 14:16
ChristopherJam

re. the comments from Spider Jerusalem and Wacek, bravo, well said, etc etc. I think between them they've covered most of what I'd be saying if I had more spoons.

Listen to these two we all should <3 <3

(Also yes, I see what 4gentE was getting at now - and there is much to be said for taking the most charitable interpretation, even before adding "english is not everyone's first language" (and no shade there, everyone here speaks better English than I speak anything else :D))
2023-11-18 02:30
spider-j

Quoting spider-j
I must admit that I think everyone using those terms is an idiot.

To correct myself a little on that matter, because it sounded quite harsh, I add the asterisk: idiot* (*in that regard).

Of course I have also some friends who like to complain about "political correctness" or "wokeness" or whatever heavily loaded term is cool now on social media.

But really: what is this all about? What do those terms really mean? To me - to you personally? Especially stuff like "BLM" in that release where we are commenting. Does anyone of us europeans here truly understand what "BLM" is all about? What role it plays in American Culture that we all just know from TV and the internet?

What has happened to us that mentioning the formula CO2 has attached some weird political and ideologically implications depending on which side of the social media bubble you're in?

Well yeah, utilitarism may not be a proper answer to everything, but why do people nowadays revert to those foolish "good" / "bad" schemes and morals like we were in the age of mythology?

And social media lets every one repeat hollow bullshit phrases that have no meaning at all attached to them besides all the blanks every individual consuming them fills in.

As a huge South Park fan that behaviour totally reminds me of "They're taking our jobs!" :-)

That all really puzzles me. And I can't get over it. Why do people think they must have opinions on stuff they don't know shit about? Why do they think it helps to put all things in a weird "good" / "bad" moral scheme? Especially when those moral schemes aren't even applied anymore as "general rules" but are down to the individual.

What do morals even mean when there is no common ground and everyone decides for him/herself what is good or bad?

That all just doesn't make sense for me at all.

Really: what is the point of "What Genders are you today? Our partners: Covid 19, BLM, Ukraine, CO2"? Everything mentioned here is such a deep topic on its own that you could fill hours and hours of discussion. But in what other way are those related than in some weird social media bubbles that decided that they "must be related". Because of... Yeah because of what? That you "like" or "dislike" it. Our algorithm has detected because you dislike BLM you might also dislike Ukraine?!? That's nuts.

Let us don't waste our time repeating hollow phrases that have zero meaning attached to them and instead make realtalk about ourselves, our feelings, our views on the world. Let's argue about real problems that we have to face in our lives and discuss ideas how to overcome them. Let us stop chaining some buzzwords together and make our self believe we made any relevant statement by chaining those together. No. We don't. Yeah, you may have "likes" and "dislikes" that only reflect how popular you are in your bubble. But it doesn't reflect if anyone actually really understands what your point is.

TLDR; sorry if I generalized to much when naming you "idiots" yesterday. WE are idiots! ;-)
2023-11-18 03:42
spider-j

Oh and while I'm on it. I can't take this "pick your side" bullshit anymore in complex and really sad developments in the world. I mean what is wrong with you people if you decide to be "Pro-Russia" or "Pro-Ukraine" – if you decide to be "Pro-Israel" or "Pro-Palestine"? That are no fucking soccer games that are going on. These are regions in the world in real crisis. In war. Where people suffer and die. People like you and me who just sit in their chair deciding what soccer team we like most. Russia destroys itself. All good people fled or will flee. Ukraine will face centuries of re-building when this war is over.

Whatever understandable reactions Isreals do: the conflict between Israel and Palestine is getting worse and worse nowadays. Everything that happens now will have an impact on future generations, because there are children born and raised in this fucked upped situation.

There are no easy answers. Everything is bad and you can't just swipe reality away like a Tinder profile you don't like. This isn't a game. There are real people suffering. There are real people in our western societies suffering because of gender disphoria. There are real people suffering in Russia because of the bullshit decisions of their politics. There are real people suffering in Ukraine, in Palestine, in Israel. Real people – individuals like you and me all over the world who just want the best for their lives and their kids.

And for some reason we as humanity haven't evolved far enough to put an end to all that suffering. But it won't help if we just ignore those facts and keep on telling us fairytales of easy anwers. There are no easy answers. History is full of blood and suffering and the only way we can progress is when we accept that we have to figure out ways of coexistence even with folks whose ideas, religions, way of life differ from ours.

And that is *not* an easy task. That is hard. And there will probably a lot of more suffering on the way. And we – as the most privileged people on this earth – where we have fucking endless water which is the most precious thing in life flowing in our homes – have to accept that we as individuals are as helpless as the people who really suffer. Because we depend on those 1% who rule the world and we could do two things: kill them and take the fucking planet back or at least – because after all they are part of our culture – take the "slow" route and hope that they will come to their senses and act in a "good" way.

I must admit: I'm more on the killing team. Even if we would only kill Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos and distribute their capital evenly between the rest of the world, many* problems would be solved :-)

*note I said "many" – not all, I stand to my word: there are no "easy" answers. But killing the 1% would be a good starting point instead of argueing about bullshit. Imho XD
2023-11-18 07:00
Hate Bush

thanks, Spidey, for pointing out this frequent futility - bordering on inappropriateness - of taking sides. this will not reduce human suffering, rather the contrary.

ps. painful point about Polish bigotry, but won't you please give us more time to understand the principles of modern civilization, we've only just joined.
2023-11-18 10:11
Krill

Quoting spider-j
But killing the 1% would be a good starting point instead of argueing about bullshit.
Uhm... wat =)
2023-11-18 10:28
spider-j

Quoting Krill
Quoting spider-j
But killing the 1% would be a good starting point instead of argueing about bullshit.
Uhm... wat =)

Okay, it was late. I'm not dogmatic about it. If you have better suggestions: go for it :-)

EDIT: Knorkator hade made a more civil approach that I also like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kh5CJ90KAU
That would also be an option :-)
2023-11-18 11:39
TheRyk

Cultural Marxism is getting strong in this one X_D

*whistles WiZo songs*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvp21VSR6Ro
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
hedning/G★P
kbs/Pht/Lxt
algorithm
Alakran_64
MCM/ONSLAUGHT
fandenvoldsk