Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #913 : Success
2004-08-17 12:48
CyberBrain
Administrator

Group id #913 : Success

There seems to be some different oppinions about the history of "success". I've been asked several times remove the comments and to clear it up, but since i don't really know anything about the history of success, i can't judge who are right.

So i've moved the comments from the success-record to this topic instead, in hope that those of you who know anything will participate in the discussion, so we can find the truth.

To sum it up: The Arrogance is maintainer of the success-record in CSDb. Raiden believes that what The Arrogance wrote at this record is wrong. The Arrogance doesn't think it's wrong.

... 22 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-08-18 18:43
CyberBrain
Administrator

i've e-mailed Trap.
Please keep Roy=Radar out of this, unless it's relevant.

Ok, i've tried to organize what it's about. Maybe i missed something.
It shows both oppinions, and what info there is in CSDb right now (could be very wrong).

Who formed success?
-------------------

1) Holger/Magic Circle/Dynamix. Tim, Fate, Hero/Sharks. Xaver/Baboons. Three guys from Netmen. Brandis/Share. Destroyer/Bionix. TMB/Pulsar and some ex-Savage-members

2) Stet/Sharks (Ex-Shining 8), Tanner/Sharks, TJ/Sharks, Splash/Sharks (Holger and Jörg / Magic Circle renamed into Splash. MCL/Ex- Sharks, Ex-INXS, Ex-X-Ray), Thorsten (Ex- Reptil/Shining 8 and Sharks renamed into The Arrogance), Steel/Ex-Sharks, Rap (Ex-Shining 8 and Sharks), TMB/Pulsar, Tim/Baboons, Hero/Baboons, Treat/Baboons, Fate/Baboons, Xaver/Baboons, The Destroyer/Bionix, Exe/Netmen, Pyle/Netmen, Cosinus/Netmen, John Sinclair/Dynamix (Trisoft), Def/Share, Brandis/Share (Ex-Shining 8), Antares 13/Share, Warlock/Share, Stryker/Share, TCO/Sharks, Yup & Burp/Sharks and Jetblack/Sharks

CSDb) T.J., Brandis, Stet, Exe, RAP, Steel, Pyle, The Arrogance

When did people join Success?
-----------------------------

1) TJ, Tanner, Pyle, Roy, MCA, Reptil (renamed into The Arrogance) joined success in September 1989.

2) TJ, Tanner, Pyle was allready in success coz they founded the group.
Roy and MCA joined success between the end of October 1989 and the end of November 1989.

CSDb) TJ, Tanner, Pyle formed success. Roy, MCA joined October 1989.

Who got kicked out of Success?
------------------------------

1) TMB, Tim, Brandits got kicked out of success in September 1989.

2) Tim left success. Brandits quit the scene. (TMB unknown)

CSDb)

When did Thorsten/Arrogance get kicked out of success?
------------------------------------------------------

1) Thorsten/Arrogance got kicked out of success on 28/01/90

2) Thorsten/Arrogance got kicked out of success before xx/12/89 (Dominators/Upfront/Trilogy Party 1989). He rejoined Success a few days later.

CSDb)

When did Success and X-Ray start their coop?
--------------------------------------------

1) Febuary 1990

2) (unknown)

CSDb) 1990

When did TJ join "arrogance"?
-----------------------------

1) March 1990

2) long before March 1990

CSDb)

When did Thorsten/Arrogance quit the scene?
-------------------------------------------

1) October 1990

2) August 1990 (after the incident with Legend)

CSDb)

What groups did Thomas/Arrogance joine/quit and when?
-----------------------------------------------------

1) April 1991: Thomas/Arrogance joined Trinity. Left Trinity a few days later. Joined Pandora. Left Pandora a few days later. Was refused to join Enigma. Joined Joy Division.

2) April 1991: Thomas/Arrogance was in X-Ray. He could not join other groups.
Months later: Thomas/Arrogance formed Trinity (with some other guys)
?: Thomas/Arrogance joined Pandora. Left Pandora a few days later.

CSDb) Trinity was formed by Nigga in 1991.

What groups did Thorsten/Arrogance joine/quit and when?
-------------------------------------------------------

1) December 1991: Thorsten/Arrogance was kicked out of Joy Division.
Thorsten/Arrogance asked to join Victims, but was rejected.
Thorsten/Arrogance re-joined X-Ray.

2) ? : Thorsten/Arrogance left Joy Division.
Thorsten/Arrogance asked to join Victims, but was rejected.
Thorsten/Arrogance re-joined X-Ray.

CSDb)

so in the last one they allmost agree. :)

Now try to all stay calm and relax. I don't want any more insults in this topic.
2004-08-19 02:52
The Arrogance

I just want to let you know that i had some mail-exchange with Hartmut alias Roy/Radar yesterday.. due to this there's not a big chance left that Roy/Radar is Raiden, tough you never can be 100% sure. According to Radar, he got an e-mail, sent by Raiden, complaining about that i would be talking bad about Radar behind his back. Therefore Radar got interested and sent me an e-mail to ask me what this is all about. I did not have a problem to let him know how all that senseless crap with Raiden started and furthermore also told him, that i assumed Radar and Raiden to be one and the same person, in this case Hartmut himself. He replied per e-mail, giving me some serious and in my eyes thrustable reasons why he is not Raiden and therefore the topic was cleared. According to Radar, Raiden is some guy called Richard (real name), who was a former member of Eaglesoft Inc., using the handle Captain Kidd. When he moved to the PC-scene, he should have been a member of Dominators PC and Class PC, according to Radar and Raiden himself. Maybe some Dominators-members or former members onhere know something about it. Indeed, logically this brings up the question, at least it did for me, what the hell has a former member of Eaglesoft to do with Success that he worries in such an agitating and eagerly way about the Success record? Does not make any sense, does it ?! Whatever, some people are said to do wierd things when they get older... by the way, i don't believe any american to know such detailed information about people that have just been in the group for a day when the group was formed. This stuff is the kind of data that even i don't remember completely anymore, as it was of no importance anyway. Thus, how should some American know, who even never was a member of the group at anytime ?! He cannot know. This makes sense, nothing else.

Regards,
T.
2004-08-19 10:34
Captain Kidd
Account closed

Arrogance: Why is it that I am getting that much of importance from you now? You would be better by just keeping the bowles to undertown und forget about your gracefully failed past - will you?

Instead of blowing insults out of your mouth - you will be better by going and check the local press for announcements which might help retarded men to find back into real life.

In comparisation to any other scener I know from the past you are the only one who is still struggling for his selfish and own personality - which you never earned in the past and still need - even after the decade has been ended in eternity for others a long time ago.

Leave me alone with any of your stupid lyrics which are filled with insults and personal attacks. Do you feel better now, after you just stepped closer to the zenith of my identity? Congratulations! I forgot: do not even dare to threat me on life again.

It is quite obvious to see that you will not just stand up and try to correct irregular memories of anybody and everybody, but you will keep on drilling into big walls in the hope of finding more brillant informations about people who do not want that.

If you are that loyal scener you claim to be - keep my name and my history out of this conversation and I will be glad to fullfill your lacks. Otherwise I will be glad to just hide concerning this conversation and look at your words from upstairs of the building. It does not matter if you like me and my past or if you just spot at it with jealousy deep inside your eyes - the scene used to be built on loyality to each sceners identity and his work. Only in respect to that old law I will have a talk to you on here.

But to make it easier for all of you: Check out old magazines from the past as there will be words telling the story of each group. Some are biased on lies - others are just facted - others are fictious. Everybody can create his own conclusion by doing this and everything has two sides of a story. It is the same old riding on wild horses we had already in the past.
2004-08-19 11:59
Hero

Raiden?? who are you?? geee... The Arrogance got a name in the history........... Never heard about you! so take it easy dude :)

Long time since i have been at CSDB!

Got my 3 girl in june!! tjhoohoo.... cant make a BOY! hehe

Hi to all my friends

Harry

ILLUSION #1
2004-08-19 12:08
The Elegance

Who cares about a lamer hiding behind a fake nick insulting people without providing any proofs.

Raiden, if your insults are based on facts name any other scener or magazine which supports your theory. Your flaming makes me feel that you are just searching for a forum to start an ungentlemanly battle against the arrogance.

And if that's the case, we better close this topic ignoring your filth.
2004-08-19 18:39
Trap
Account closed

Hi Guys,

CyberBrain mailed me and asked to check this thread and give some feedback on the very, very few things I remember from that time in my life :)
Oh man, I remember that party where we boozed out - the horror :) ... Sonny to this day claims I knocked one of the Trilogy guys out because he told me to turn down the ghettoblaster. Woohooo, those were the days. So much older, so much wiser now 8|

Well, as for sorting out history ... erhm, I remember that Sonny and I joined Success. It was a few months before that infamous party. I can't remember when we left again, but it was shortly after we started the SCS+TRC co-op.
Eeeeeh, what other parts are missing? I'll see if I can remember.

So funny to see you guys here in this forum - reaaaaaaally takes me on a freaky ride down memory lane :D
As for me ... I'm working for a top IT company today. Have my little family (1 girlfriend, 1 son)... my passion these days? Well, since the C64 there's nothing like going to the max at trackdays (motorcycles).

What about you guys?

Feel free to mail me if you like: jesper@vfr.dk

Cheers ol' mates!!!

Trap Crap Wrap *cough* ... still got it. LOL.
2004-08-19 19:49
TDJ

Jesper! :)

Nice seeing you around here, stick around will you? Who knows, there may be another scrolltext you can help me write in the near future :)

Still I have to disagree with you, the SCS+TRC coop didn't start until much later, cooked up in the back of a bus with dutch sceners coming back from the Party 3 if I'm correct. CBA knows for sure.
2004-08-19 20:43
Zarch

Cool seeing you here Jesper! :o) I was just updating your profile a bit, but I guess you should rather do that yourself now :o) Hmmm.. you probably lost every memory about me by today - after all, it has been more than a couple of years :o) But we had some nice computing sessions back in the days when you lived in Aabenraa, and we were hanging around with Wiz (Allan Jensen), Lars Kim Lund (New Style) among others - yes, the glory Amiga days... Vendetta.. Triflex.. Business After Dark... Vixen... Haderslev Computer Club.. We had a long talk about the C64 scene, you were in Bonzai and were kinda embarrased about your early days in Razor Express :o) I am sure something might ring a bell :o) I still love the module you did for the Trap&Wiz Amiga coop demo :o) - I even still have some of your modules in case you lost them and are interested, just throw me a PM :o)
2004-08-20 09:11
Dishy

Actually, I think it could be rather relevant to see Radar/Roy´s opinion about all this scene-history talk. After all he IS an old Success member, which is what we could need right now! And Raiden indeed have mentioned Roy in his explanation, about what did happen to Success and its members back then.

Maybe Radar/Roy has the same opinion as The Arrogance, maybe he has the same opinion as Raiden - or a mix. Lets see.

So maybe someone should get Radar in here. He used to be here quite a lot for a period, and I´m sure he would like to tell his opinion! Haven´t seen him in here for quite sometime now.

So come on Radar and take a look at all this - break in, and let´s get all this cleared up;-)

Regards,

Dishy

*****Once A Scener - Always A Scener*****
2004-08-20 09:47
Dishy

BTW - great to see Trap in here. Now we just need the rest of the Bonzai gang in here;-)

Also Hero/ILS is around here again - nice! And congratulations! Just found some old spread-disks from you from early 1992, when we swapped.. When Illusion was rebuild... Those were the days;-)

*****Once A Scener - Always A Scener*****
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Sokrates
CreaMD/React
Steffan/BOOM!
zscs
kbs/Pht/Lxt
Twilight/Excess/Arcade