Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #913 : Success
2004-08-17 12:48
CyberBrain
Administrator

Group id #913 : Success

There seems to be some different oppinions about the history of "success". I've been asked several times remove the comments and to clear it up, but since i don't really know anything about the history of success, i can't judge who are right.

So i've moved the comments from the success-record to this topic instead, in hope that those of you who know anything will participate in the discussion, so we can find the truth.

To sum it up: The Arrogance is maintainer of the success-record in CSDb. Raiden believes that what The Arrogance wrote at this record is wrong. The Arrogance doesn't think it's wrong.

... 22 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-08-19 10:34
Captain Kidd
Account closed

Arrogance: Why is it that I am getting that much of importance from you now? You would be better by just keeping the bowles to undertown und forget about your gracefully failed past - will you?

Instead of blowing insults out of your mouth - you will be better by going and check the local press for announcements which might help retarded men to find back into real life.

In comparisation to any other scener I know from the past you are the only one who is still struggling for his selfish and own personality - which you never earned in the past and still need - even after the decade has been ended in eternity for others a long time ago.

Leave me alone with any of your stupid lyrics which are filled with insults and personal attacks. Do you feel better now, after you just stepped closer to the zenith of my identity? Congratulations! I forgot: do not even dare to threat me on life again.

It is quite obvious to see that you will not just stand up and try to correct irregular memories of anybody and everybody, but you will keep on drilling into big walls in the hope of finding more brillant informations about people who do not want that.

If you are that loyal scener you claim to be - keep my name and my history out of this conversation and I will be glad to fullfill your lacks. Otherwise I will be glad to just hide concerning this conversation and look at your words from upstairs of the building. It does not matter if you like me and my past or if you just spot at it with jealousy deep inside your eyes - the scene used to be built on loyality to each sceners identity and his work. Only in respect to that old law I will have a talk to you on here.

But to make it easier for all of you: Check out old magazines from the past as there will be words telling the story of each group. Some are biased on lies - others are just facted - others are fictious. Everybody can create his own conclusion by doing this and everything has two sides of a story. It is the same old riding on wild horses we had already in the past.
2004-08-19 11:59
Hero

Raiden?? who are you?? geee... The Arrogance got a name in the history........... Never heard about you! so take it easy dude :)

Long time since i have been at CSDB!

Got my 3 girl in june!! tjhoohoo.... cant make a BOY! hehe

Hi to all my friends

Harry

ILLUSION #1
2004-08-19 12:08
The Elegance

Who cares about a lamer hiding behind a fake nick insulting people without providing any proofs.

Raiden, if your insults are based on facts name any other scener or magazine which supports your theory. Your flaming makes me feel that you are just searching for a forum to start an ungentlemanly battle against the arrogance.

And if that's the case, we better close this topic ignoring your filth.
2004-08-19 18:39
Trap
Account closed

Hi Guys,

CyberBrain mailed me and asked to check this thread and give some feedback on the very, very few things I remember from that time in my life :)
Oh man, I remember that party where we boozed out - the horror :) ... Sonny to this day claims I knocked one of the Trilogy guys out because he told me to turn down the ghettoblaster. Woohooo, those were the days. So much older, so much wiser now 8|

Well, as for sorting out history ... erhm, I remember that Sonny and I joined Success. It was a few months before that infamous party. I can't remember when we left again, but it was shortly after we started the SCS+TRC co-op.
Eeeeeh, what other parts are missing? I'll see if I can remember.

So funny to see you guys here in this forum - reaaaaaaally takes me on a freaky ride down memory lane :D
As for me ... I'm working for a top IT company today. Have my little family (1 girlfriend, 1 son)... my passion these days? Well, since the C64 there's nothing like going to the max at trackdays (motorcycles).

What about you guys?

Feel free to mail me if you like: jesper@vfr.dk

Cheers ol' mates!!!

Trap Crap Wrap *cough* ... still got it. LOL.
2004-08-19 19:49
TDJ

Jesper! :)

Nice seeing you around here, stick around will you? Who knows, there may be another scrolltext you can help me write in the near future :)

Still I have to disagree with you, the SCS+TRC coop didn't start until much later, cooked up in the back of a bus with dutch sceners coming back from the Party 3 if I'm correct. CBA knows for sure.
2004-08-19 20:43
Zarch

Cool seeing you here Jesper! :o) I was just updating your profile a bit, but I guess you should rather do that yourself now :o) Hmmm.. you probably lost every memory about me by today - after all, it has been more than a couple of years :o) But we had some nice computing sessions back in the days when you lived in Aabenraa, and we were hanging around with Wiz (Allan Jensen), Lars Kim Lund (New Style) among others - yes, the glory Amiga days... Vendetta.. Triflex.. Business After Dark... Vixen... Haderslev Computer Club.. We had a long talk about the C64 scene, you were in Bonzai and were kinda embarrased about your early days in Razor Express :o) I am sure something might ring a bell :o) I still love the module you did for the Trap&Wiz Amiga coop demo :o) - I even still have some of your modules in case you lost them and are interested, just throw me a PM :o)
2004-08-20 09:11
Dishy

Actually, I think it could be rather relevant to see Radar/Roy´s opinion about all this scene-history talk. After all he IS an old Success member, which is what we could need right now! And Raiden indeed have mentioned Roy in his explanation, about what did happen to Success and its members back then.

Maybe Radar/Roy has the same opinion as The Arrogance, maybe he has the same opinion as Raiden - or a mix. Lets see.

So maybe someone should get Radar in here. He used to be here quite a lot for a period, and I´m sure he would like to tell his opinion! Haven´t seen him in here for quite sometime now.

So come on Radar and take a look at all this - break in, and let´s get all this cleared up;-)

Regards,

Dishy

*****Once A Scener - Always A Scener*****
2004-08-20 09:47
Dishy

BTW - great to see Trap in here. Now we just need the rest of the Bonzai gang in here;-)

Also Hero/ILS is around here again - nice! And congratulations! Just found some old spread-disks from you from early 1992, when we swapped.. When Illusion was rebuild... Those were the days;-)

*****Once A Scener - Always A Scener*****
2004-08-20 11:22
Mason

heh Im still trying to find Illusion stuff from 89/90/91 - and thats a tough one.

@Trap: great to see you here
2004-08-21 05:31
The Arrogance

Raiden, you're really asking questions, where no questions have to be asked at all... you're getting exactly that much attention from me that is needed to point out that what you're trying to make the people believe, is simply not true, wherever you might have got your information from. It is wrong. Definitly. And by the way, wasn't it you to write at the Success-Record, that it is not containing the truth and the ones that have written it should be liars ?! Focus must be set on your statement, that i should be a liar, that is just following some selfish reasons. Forget about my gracefully failed past ?! Dude, what the hell are you talking about, Richard ?! Just in case, that i may follow your assumptions about things i don't have the slighest idea about right now.

Instead of blowing insults out of my mouth... Raiden, did you actually check your last entry in this Forum ?! Because if you would have done so, you might have recognized, that it is actually YOU who is always leaving a certain polite level just to attack me with all those empty phrases about having some serious problem and being in need of professional help and so on.. tough i never had any problem with conversations on such a low level, as all the people talking to me in that way, did never know jackshit about me personally and therefore couldn't harm me, whatever they tried to pull against me! So, maybe YOU should stop advising me to read local newspapers to find help getting back into real life, as this is simply pathetic and childish. And knowing that you must have almost reached the age of 40, it is even more senseless. Try to communicate like an adult would do, will you ?!

Raiden, it might be your very own decision to compare any scener to whomever you want to, but please, don't come up with any comparisation about me. You want to know why ?! Easy, because you don't know anything about me.. nothing at all! You did neither talk to me personally at anytime, nor did we ever trade anything. So, what is it you could compare me with to anyone else ?! Calling me looking gayish in your opinion is ridiculous anyway, because just like i already pointed out, you don't and didn't know anything about me at all, just like i did never ever waste a single thought about you either, you were simply not existing for me after all, as i have never heard of you before. Therefore i get the feeling that it is you who is following some uncertain trace about someone he had a problem with back then in late 1988 or 1989.. maybe Thorsten or someone else being on your conferences, i don't know, and if it was me, hell i could care less, as all this happened 15 years ago.

I can easily tell you what i felt after stepping closer to the socalled zenith of your identity. You were calling me being the only one that is still struggling for for his selfish personality, but than asking me how i would feel, now after i would have steeped closer to the zenith of your identity ?! Well, i think i don't have to repeat the definition of a big-headed-ego here, do i ?! The zenith of your identity... tzzzz.... get real. And before forgetting it aswell: Do not dare to threat me either. Neither in real life, nor anywhere else.

You are wrong, of course i am willing to correct irregular memories, if someone might bring up facts combined with proofs saying so, but surely not, if someone like you comes up with assumptions and all the proofs he got is the word that i should be a liar. This is kiddie-stuff i am not willing to participate.. and just to let you know, it never was my intention to find any information about people who do not want their information to be find, but don't even try to make that example being valid for you, as it was you, who was trying to bore me with his socalled importance and i would be the only one who would not know who you are. Furthermore, it was you aswell, who tried to make some bells ring with the comment, that he was a former member of Dominators PC and Class PC, weren't you ?!

Looking at my words from upstairs of the building ?! Is it any obligation for you to always use these empty phrases ?! Raiden, again, repeating myself, no problem, i will keep your name and your history out of whatever if you will stop manipulating my and my groups history in return. Easy as that, isn't it ?! And you can be more than sure, i am definitly not spotting at your history with jealousy, as i do not know anything about your socalled benefits to the scene anyway and therefore again it does not make any sense at all to complain about me not likeing you or your past..

Off for some work,
T.

P.S. Just wrote a message to CyberBrain already, mentioning that the fact about the 4 Sharks members (Stet, Tanner, TJ and Splash) leaving The Sharks can be read in the scrolltext of the Success Release "Captain Fizz" (available here at CSDb) from early September 1989.

Furthermore a complete Success-Memberlist can be read in "Faith" (available at CSDb), released at 16.09.1989. There you won't find neither MCA nor Roy in the memberlist. Of course not, as they weren't members of the group.

And as a last effort, i have found and uploaded the original -Success Story!- File from 04.09.1989, that was spread with the very first Success-Spread-Disk from September 1989!

And CyberBrain, don't get me wrong, but this Forum turns out to look like some cheap Quiz-Show.. asking everyone to contribute his assumption about a certain group's history. Therefore the whole idea with its good meant intention already slipped out of your hands.. just see for an example, i would never dare to make up any assumption about Ilusion's or Dominator's history, just because i cannot know.. how could i dare, not being a member of the group at anytime ?! Maybe you should just face the fact, that someone being part of the group since the very first day and therefore being a serious source, cannot be set on the same level like a source Raiden is for a group he has never been part of. Just think about it.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Youth
Scrap/Genesis Project
Guests online: 147
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)