Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #118713 : Krill's Loader, repository version 146
2013-05-07 11:44
Krill

Release id #118713 : Krill's Loader, repository version 146

Please post feature requests, bug reports, questions etc. here.

Highest priority on my to-do list are speed enhancements, anything else you'd like for your next stunning demo?

... 50 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-05-09 18:33
JackAsser

Quote: wtf is so hard about installing ca65 and then typing "make" in the sourcetree? *shrug*

+1
2013-05-10 02:08
SIDWAVE
Account closed

cygwin is so old and unsupported.
is there no proper modern kit ?
2013-05-10 06:24
Oswald

Quote: wtf is so hard about installing ca65 and then typing "make" in the sourcetree? *shrug*

many guys around have never used ca65, c compilers, cygwin, from what algorithm writes it also needs perl ? a step by step tutorial would make life for us clueless idiots easyer. what needs to be instealled, what needs to be in path, how to set that up, example make commandlines / config files, etc.
2013-05-10 06:37
JackAsser

Quote: many guys around have never used ca65, c compilers, cygwin, from what algorithm writes it also needs perl ? a step by step tutorial would make life for us clueless idiots easyer. what needs to be instealled, what needs to be in path, how to set that up, example make commandlines / config files, etc.

docs/Prerequisites.txt and docs/Usage.txt

Seriously, it's not _THAT_ hard, even for a complete newbie. If you have interest you _WILL_ work it out, I promise.
2013-05-10 07:06
Radiant

Quoting SIDwave
cygwin is so old and unsupported.
is there no proper modern kit ?

Cygwin is not old and unsupported.
2013-05-10 07:48
Luca

Quote: docs/Prerequisites.txt and docs/Usage.txt

Seriously, it's not _THAT_ hard, even for a complete newbie. If you have interest you _WILL_ work it out, I promise.

I'm gonna amaze all of you: I've written the first post just after some attempts, which have been incredibly performed just after a reading of the docs. I know you're surprised'bout this revelations right now :)

Thank you all for encourage me to try and try again, installing and placing those useful stuff some here and some there trying to make it works, unfortunately I'm not that skilled to understand why there's no 'make' exe to run somewhere (just top say one), but I try and I try and I'll try again, hence root for me.
2013-05-10 13:03
chatGPZ

Quote:
a step by step tutorial would make life for us clueless idiots easyer. what needs to be instealled, what needs to be in path, how to set that up, example make commandlines / config files, etc.

sometimes i am absolutely sure that there is a video tutorial for everything - including how to shit into your own pants.

a coder who never used a c compiler? seriously, no. its not 1988 anymore.

Quote:
docs/Prerequisites.txt and docs/Usage.txt

seriously. this. it'll also be very rewarding to have solved a problem entirely by yourself instead of getting it spoon feed by someone else. you may even actually learn something new =P
2013-05-10 13:22
Wisdom

Merits of open sourcing.
2013-05-10 14:45
Cruzer

Quoting Groepaz
wtf is so hard about installing ca65 and then typing "make" in the sourcetree? *shrug*
Nothing, if it goes well. But there can easily be all kinds of problems you have to figure out.

Quoting Groepaz
sometimes i am absolutely sure that there is a video tutorial for everything - including how to shit into your own pants.
How about on how to not be a complete dick?

Quoting Groepaz
Exactly, other languages than C have been invented since then.
2013-05-10 15:23
lft

Quoting Cruzer
Quoting Groepaz
Exactly, other languages than C have been invented since then.

Yes, and they all make different tacit assumptions about build systems and dependencies. Do you all know your way around the module systems of Perl, Haskell, Python, Ruby, Scheme48, ATS, Scala and SWI-Prolog, just to name a few?

While I agree with Groepaz that the best approach is to just dive in and try to untangle the knot, I can also appreciate what a dauting task it feels like before the pieces fall into place.

Luca: There's not supposed to be a make.exe. You have to install a make package (GNU make is good), and then you will have a "make" command in your path. Stand in the directory containing a file called "Makefile" and run "make" with no arguments. Also, when you edit a Makefile, make sure to use tabs and not spaces.

Simple when you know it, but like I said, all sorts of tacit assumptions.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Mason/Unicess
tempest/extend
Stainless Steel/F4CG
Scrap/Genesis Project
csabanw
Guests online: 150