Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Search CSDB is really unfriendly :(
2015-12-02 14:42
Dr.j

Search CSDB is really unfriendly :(

Hey guyz, i am not talking about the complexity of
the search Criteria options (for Advanced) which i see it really annoying and quite unfriendly , but my advice: why you don't copy my search parameters to "Advanced" . for ex: if i search for a certain release which i don't find in my normal search (type of item+name) and than click the "Advanced" i expect the criteria will be set for my search already. why should i see all the Groups/Release/Events/users and much more Parameters if i from the begining don't search for them. its a but hard to get it. im sorry if i sound a bit harsh but also the sort of the releases is random , instead of sort with latest releases (current date and down - "Desc")

... 39 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2015-12-03 14:15
chatGPZ

that said, i had a look at the code. and all i can say is that should be killed with fire and rewritten, i can totally understand why perff doesnt want to patch it up even more (its a wonder it still works =P)
2015-12-03 14:31
jailbird

Quoting CreaMD
Elaborate or shut the hole.

You smug moderator assholes are all acting like you own this place just because you have some imaginary, virtual extended rights or whatever you think you have. You and your admin companions still keep forgetting that this place wouldn't even exist without those who were and are producing shit on the C64. Which possibly takes a bit more effort than deleting comments or putting data from left to right.
Lazy?? What the fuck are you talking about? I love to code for web. I love to help. I love to code for free. This is what the scene or OSS is about anyway.
For years I was really interested in CSDb and the C64 scene, for a while I am just fatigued and utterly agitated and disheartened by the sheer i-dont-give-a-crap, passé, late 90's IRC, highbrow attitude which portrays this shitplace's inner circle. Take your fucking heads out of the sand and look around you for once.

Quoting iAN CooG
just give the site sources to jailbird, he will fix it in no time. sure.

Yeah, for starters, I'd fix that absurd and irritating comment editing clusterfuck. Unless it is obfuscated for some reason or written in Malbolge, what the holy fuck keeps you from patching it? It obviously aggravates the majority of the users and contributors. But no, rather just ridicule the people who care.

Quoting CreaMD
You can dig out real names, addresses, you can find out various private info and connections, a lot of stuff that was visible and was erased can be found in logs. So (in my opinion) you can't just give anybody access to raw database and code.

Boo-fucking-hoo. Like I'd care about Oswald's or your's or whoever's real name, address or some worthless connections while you and everyone puts your whole fucking life on Facebook or Twitter or Snapchat or whatever fucking social network you're using. What kind of sensitive info are you fucking talking about? Credit card datas, social security numbers, dick diameter? Come on. Sensitive data my ass.

Fuck you all.
2015-12-03 14:33
chatGPZ

my condolences
2015-12-03 14:42
jailbird

Quoting Groepaz
my condolences

K. Keep berating those who tend to bring up your pompous, self-righteous attitude. Forgot that's your thing all right.
2015-12-03 14:49
CreaMD

Quote: that said, i had a look at the code. and all i can say is that should be killed with fire and rewritten, i can totally understand why perff doesnt want to patch it up even more (its a wonder it still works =P)

That's the charm of closed source single coder developed projects. And that's the point wehre modesty comes as important factor ;-) Anyway, thousand monkeys developing opensource projects usually create different kind of ugly beasts... see drupal... it became so scary that they decided to replace parts of it by symfony components ;-))))

Note: I don't use drupal.
2015-12-03 14:59
chatGPZ

Quote:
Keep berating those who tend to bring up your pompous, self-righteous attitude. Forgot that's your thing all right.

right on - as long as you keep writing your rants about how much the site sucks and you could it do all better if only someone would let you and how you are just unable to GTFO and stay away.
2015-12-03 15:03
Smasher

Quoting Poopmonster

... dick diameter? Come on. Sensitive data my ass.

mine: 64 pixels (no cheat)
2015-12-03 15:09
jailbird

Quoting Groepaz
Quote:
Keep berating those who tend to bring up your pompous, self-righteous attitude. Forgot that's your thing all right.

right on - as long as you keep writing your rants about how much the site sucks and you could it do all better if only someone would let you and how you are just unable to GTFO and stay away.

Yeah, because if you don't really like something you are a part of, whilst painfully trying to use and utilize it, just fuck off, right? Amazing stance, as always.
2015-12-03 15:13
chatGPZ

so you are a masochist eh? cant help then, i guess.

as someone said before, if you really want to help with the code, just start with rewriting the site. i am sure someone will help with converting the db once you are done.
2015-12-03 15:19
cba

I'm interested in helping for CSDB V2 ! Probably many others on here too. So who is willing to start this project ?
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Berluskåni/The Gump..
Low Spirit
MuZZa/The Codeblasters
Mibri/ATL^MSL^PRX
t0m3000/ibex-crew
bOOZElEE