Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Questions > Disable hidden votes
2013-10-20 09:10
Mr Wegi
Account closed

Disable hidden votes

Jast a simple mechanism. Turn off the hidden votes. Can I stop the rub my eyes with wonder when people will no longer be afraid of the big daddy Groepaz stupid and suck up sweet texts in fear for their evaluation. Quiet voting system is simply corrupt. Groepaz probably a hundred other demagogic reasons that remain a secret ballot is not it?
2013-10-20 15:04
TheRyk

and what plans do you have for courageous downvoters who do their shit in public like http://csdb.dk/scener/?id=25210?
2013-10-20 15:37
chatGPZ

ah there we go again... not only i am a dick, i am also the reason for why some ppl dont understand the idea of non public voting, obviously :)

now that we have this nice feature of actually showing both, the complete and the public vote result - you can surely show an entry where there is a significant difference betweeen the two due to downvoting?

and if you dont want to see the entire moderation team rotfl when reading such post, make sure to remove your own downvotes before posting it. they might even take you serious then.
2013-10-20 16:15
Mr Wegi
Account closed

Seriously, I do not care what you do. You can write me 500 x 1 You can delete all of my releases. Whatever you do I do not care. You can change all my votes for one or the 10th You just can not do anything to me what would have touched me. How did you decide to cancel the hidden vote - the first would use the "my goddamn right" (GPZ under Biba 3) and downwote you. Because theater created what are you here for me is worthless.
2013-10-20 16:27
chatGPZ

once again what you are trying to say doesnt make sense.

i did never "cancel the hidden vote". and i can NOT change anyones votes either. infact i couldnt care less about them.

yes, its your right to vote 1 for me and all my releases. just do it.

but while doing it, please dont open new whining threads. thank you.
2013-10-20 17:26
Celtic
Administrator

funny, hidden and public votes was something that was here way b4 groepaz was a mod.

the system is how it is, groepaz has nothing to do with that, so if you wanna continue your antagonistic posts towards groepaz then keep it in that thread, but please keep the rest of the forum clean. i am getting annoyed with this.
2013-10-20 22:45
Urban Space Cowboy

Better solution:
- Make all individual ratings private. Politicians don't give a shit what individuals did or didn't vote for them, and neither should sceners give a shit what individuals chose a given rating.
- Don't display how many users gave something a given score, only the overall average. Accept rating min/max scores to drag the average down/up as a fact of life.
- Declare that complaining about low ratings (unless technical in nature, e.g., rounding errors) is a bannable offense.
Simple!
2013-10-20 23:12
chatGPZ

"funny, hidden and public votes was something that was here way b4 groepaz was a mod."
indeed. and funny again, it was me who initiated the additional displaying of public (only) average in entries and compos - not because i think it is a good idea per se, but because apparently a lot of users demand it (and as far as i can see, most of those who wanted it are happy with how it is now)

"and neither should sceners give a shit what individuals chose a given rating."
hear hear. i totally agree with all of that... i'd like to add
- do not show the average rating unless someone has actually voted too (this also has the side effect of needing an account to see votes - and thus encourages people to log in)
- increase the minimum number of votes required to show an average to something like 20 or maybe even 50. yes it will result in slower collecting of results, but it will also make deliberate "downvoting" or "upvoting" much less statistically relevant (there are only a few notorious downvoters around for example, maybe 5 or so)

that said, i think the currently implemented way of showing the results is at least a good compromise. if only to show that there is usually no significant difference between public and hidden votes, making a lot of the complaints on the voting a bit unsubstantiated.
2013-10-21 06:20
Mr Wegi
Account closed

@USC
If you are blind are just duplicating the behavior of Groepaz pick on anything. Yes I know that is the coolest cling to someone and not like someone picking on you.
2013-10-21 07:08
Moloch

Quoting Mr Wegi
@USC
If you are blind are just duplicating the behavior of Groepaz pick on anything. Yes I know that is the coolest cling to someone and not like someone picking on you.

2013-10-21 08:44
Stainless Steel

Whats all this wegi drama about lately. The butthurt is strong with this one. Release more, whine less.

This "oh groepaz is the source of all evil" is getting real old, real quick.

... 7 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
celticdesign/G★P/M..
encore
Clown
JackAsser/Booze Design
Courage
St0rmfr0nt/Quantum