Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Coding > Clever Routines
2007-04-20 07:35
Cruzer

Clever Routines

Post your unreleased clever routines here...

... 124 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-05-04 03:55
Fungus

tape routines eh

I can add a ream of stuff there :)

Entire loaders+masterers. Is that the kind of thing that's wanted? :)

2007-05-04 05:18
Scout

Quote: dunno who used carry for it first but I like it.
A get_byte from tapeloader:

lda #$01
sta $bd

loop:
jsr getbit
rol $bd
bcc loop
lda $bd
rts

Nice to see this added to the wiki but jsr getbit?
2007-05-04 09:49
Frantic

Fungus: Everything is wanted. Short routines explaining a single coding concept, larger routines showing how to implement some something/effect, and even whole programs.

The code do not have to be expclicitly demo related in any way. The only thing that matters is that it is code for the C64.

It is of course nice if the code is commented and so on, but to be honest, I think it is better if people just add what they have rather than adding nothing, so just go ahead and add what you are able to share. It is always useful to look at others's code. If someone thinks something is lacking in some source/article, they can just improve on that themselves of course.. wiki style..

...and articles and tutorials are welcome too of course, if anyone happens to feel like that.
2007-05-04 10:06
Oswald

nice to see cruzer adding full effects, but with vague explanations and _missing data files_ it doesnt looks like those will help ppl who wants to learn. :P
2007-05-04 10:43
enthusi

@scout, yeah. Non-irq loaders use a mere busyloop via BIT to wait for cas-read-event and then decide via timer.

@fungus: please do!! So much work you did should be made public IMHO
2007-05-04 10:45
Mace

Quoting Frantic
It is of course nice if the code is commented and so on, but to be honest, I think it is better if people just add what they have rather than adding nothing (...)

This is right in one way, but also wrong in the other.
It might lead to a heap of code that hardly anyone understands, so having the comments or at least the addition of it over time, would greatly increase the quality of the website.

Luckily it is wiki, so all changes can be done later on too.
2007-05-04 10:47
Cruzer

@Oswald: It's sources for released demo parts, so just run the demo to get the binaries. And yes, I know it's spaghetti code, but I agree with Frantic that anything is better than nothing. I might improve the code quality, write better explainations, and upload the binaries separately when I get time. This was just added quickly for a start.
2007-05-04 11:03
Frantic

@Mace: Yeah.. Well, I do agree in a sense. In addition, I think the first added entries serves as examples for what will be added later, so if nobody cares to add complete stuff, the probability for future additions to be complete with comments (and include files where appropriate) will probably be lower.

So... Whenever you ppl can, please add the required files. It doesn't really ammount to much more than zipping your code dir for the current routine and add that as a download link on the bottom of the page or so.

About the commenthing issue specifically: I agree in theory, but if I know "people" correctly, they simply don't have the time to comment a lot if they/him/she are/is not already the kind of coder(s) that do comment their code. Thus, in practice, I think it is best just to add what you got.

The most important issue, in my opinion, is to sort stuff in a good way on the main page, so it will at least be easy to find what is there.
2007-05-04 12:59
Jayce
Account closed

Wooow.. i made my first contribution :) (http://wikholm.dyndns.org/~cswiki/doku.php?id=flexloader_3.0)

But i have to agree with frantic, adding your data is obligatory. Or at least i think it should be, and i personally would recommend to add a option to the wiki to upload/attach a zip file to a article to prevent data from going lost if a contributer switches hosting provider.
2007-05-04 13:01
Frantic

@Jayce: Thanks for the contribution! You can upload files right now. The wiki came with a rather unintuitive icon for this purpose in the edit toolbar though. The icon depicts something like a framed painting. Will change that icon to something better when I have the time.

Just upload zip-files or whatever. There is an example of an uploaded file on the "Playground" section of the wiki:

http://wikholm.dyndns.org/~cswiki/doku.php?id=playground:playgr..

Also, I added <code> and </code> tags around your source (and also added a note about that in the "quick howto").
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
chancer
Jazzcat/Onslaught
Didi/Laxity
Hobbit/Fairlight
McMeatLoaf
psenough