Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Floppy '05
2005-01-07 08:37
Oswald

Floppy '05

Is it really not allowed to release a product if the creators are not present personally ? If so whats the freakin idea ?
2005-01-07 09:29
TDJ

Quote: Is it really not allowed to release a product if the creators are not present personally ? If so whats the freakin idea ?

In the old days this was quite common (I even 'joined' House Designs on TP4 so I could enter their demo - which then became last), and I guess the organizers of Floppy realize there will be enough 'creators' present anyway to warrant an active compo.
2005-01-07 10:45
Oswald

So, the rule can be easily shortcutted, I just have to have someone into our group for the time of the party... Anyway its a stupid rule IMHO. Times changed since tp4.

Also Im sure the compo wont be the same with/without a resource production.(tunels are 4ever;) Its lame to kill activity by rules like this. I had a sudden impulse to make something cute for floppy, then heard about this rule. Sounds like an oldschool elitist attitude. If I dont have time/money to get there, then also my production/energy spent for the scene/party is not welcome ?
2005-01-07 11:26
Nightlord

i have mixed feelings about this rule. on one hand i respect the organisers decision and i do think that if e-mail entries were allowed then eventually floppy would be no different than any other party. it is a rigid gettogether and a rigid deadline. and that is what makes it special. i do not think the intention is to be discriminative against anyone.

however being someone who barely missed the party due to errors in paperwork completely out of my own control, i can't help but feel left out. it is not equally easy for scandinavian/european sceners and me to make my way to the party.

as a result this rule makes my life definitely harder but i think it should stay the way it is
2005-01-07 15:01
Hate Bush

Quote: So, the rule can be easily shortcutted, I just have to have someone into our group for the time of the party... Anyway its a stupid rule IMHO. Times changed since tp4.

Also Im sure the compo wont be the same with/without a resource production.(tunels are 4ever;) Its lame to kill activity by rules like this. I had a sudden impulse to make something cute for floppy, then heard about this rule. Sounds like an oldschool elitist attitude. If I dont have time/money to get there, then also my production/energy spent for the scene/party is not welcome ?

> Its lame to kill activity by rules like this

It's probably on purpose, so you could have a chance to read "nobody makes demos anymore", or some similar statement, later.
2005-01-07 15:27
Dane
Account closed

Quote: > Its lame to kill activity by rules like this

It's probably on purpose, so you could have a chance to read "nobody makes demos anymore", or some similar statement, later.

Not much worth watching at least.
2005-01-07 15:59
Dipswitch

it's as sign of weakness if the organizers of a party accept email entries. that means that they fear that there will be not enough people present to guaranteem good compos. if a party is strong enough it should be possible to have good compos with just the participants who are physically present. plus, i mean, hey that's the spirit! going at a party to actually deliver something! else there would be no difference between parties and online compos...
2005-01-07 16:16
CreaMD

Quote: it's as sign of weakness if the organizers of a party accept email entries. that means that they fear that there will be not enough people present to guaranteem good compos. if a party is strong enough it should be possible to have good compos with just the participants who are physically present. plus, i mean, hey that's the spirit! going at a party to actually deliver something! else there would be no difference between parties and online compos...

You should call things the right names. Greediness it is. And now please send all your entries to my e-mail, thank you.
2005-01-07 18:22
hollowman

Quote: > Its lame to kill activity by rules like this

yeah, with 13 demos last year, with the same rule.
head over to 'ye olde clue shoppe' will you..

and why is this rule suddenly such a problem, its nothing new
2005-01-07 19:09
drake
Account closed

what about some parties were you can only found some ppl with their laptops, converting their music and demos to a 5 1/4 inch disk and all those other ppl sending their wares via email and almost no activity on the party self. THAT is a party
2005-01-07 20:05
Cruzer

Breakpoint didn't have that rule last year.

... 35 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
macx
Didi/Laxity
A3/AFL
Sokratekk
rambo/Therapy/ Resou..
Guests online: 123