Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Sepa ! (Registered 2024-05-13) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Coding > crossassembling
2007-01-02 07:17
null
Account closed

crossassembling

Since I have a laptop running Win2k now, I was looking for a crossassembler... but all I can find are tools to convert a .txt file to a c64 understandable format...(atleast, that's what I think they do...o.O)

Isn't there some kind of complete package running under Win2k, like you have Turbo Assambler on the c64?

and if there isn't... START CODING!!! =P

...nah, just kidding... in that case, I'd like to hear an easy solution for coding on a PC.

Cheers,
Knoeki.

... 35 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-01-02 22:20
Devia

oh for crying out loud... screw that relaunch and fancy editor stuff until you know wtf you're doing. Notepad, write code, save code, start cmd.exe, assemble by hand with the assembler of your choice, THEN start Vice and load the assembled prg MANUALLY. When THAT works, THEN try to cut corners with fancy editors, makefiles and whatnots.

If I was to start all over again, I'd use TMP on the real shit. You won't need the comfy xdev environment until much much later ;-)

2007-01-02 23:00
Marauder/GSS
Account closed

Quote: If your using ACME have you defined your output filename with !TO "filename.prg",cbm ?

no, on my test I haven't used the !TO "filename.prg",cbm option in the source-code, as Relaunch automaticly uses the name of source-code file + changing extension to .prg then I think...

btw, I'm not using ACME, so I'm not an expert in that... I've just executed acme.exe direcly to find out the parameters (as it didn't work with the default params provided by that Relaunch-thingy) and then just used them in Relaunch-settings for the test...

my current setup for VICE is simple:

- drive#8 for attaching d64-images
- drive#9 for attaching a directory on my hdd
- using my old SpeedDos C64 ROM for having extended functions like f-keys (showing dir, switching drive 8/9, realtime monitor for dumping memory) and hex-number support like "print $1103", @$ for dir, etc.
- TURBO ASSEMBLER (v5.5) - what else? (c;
- (or Turbo Macro Pro maybe, hehe)

2007-01-03 01:38
null
Account closed

Ok, I've tried about everything here, but VICE still doesn't load my program... and I know why...(I think)

Every I press the "Assamble and Run" button in Relaunch64, a command-prompt window pops up for about a second (which is probably ACME running or something), and just now, in a short flash, I saw something like "error" and more blabla...o.o

Also, I already used Turbo Assambler, but crossassambling seems nice...
2007-01-03 06:45
Raf

then invoke acme from commandline by hand , not from relaunch - to ensure what u'r doing wrong ;p

www.vulture.c64.org
2007-01-03 07:01
Marauder/GSS
Account closed

Quote: Ok, I've tried about everything here, but VICE still doesn't load my program... and I know why...(I think)

Every I press the "Assamble and Run" button in Relaunch64, a command-prompt window pops up for about a second (which is probably ACME running or something), and just now, in a short flash, I saw something like "error" and more blabla...o.o

Also, I already used Turbo Assambler, but crossassambling seems nice...

well Knoeki, like I've already mentioned it a few posts before, I had this also on my test with those programs.

And that's why I've compiled the source with ACME in dos-box first... and then I've used these params and just changed compiler-settings for ACME in Relaunch to: -f CBM -o OUTPUT INPUT

and then it works for me that it loads the compiled program in vice also...
2007-01-04 12:13
null
Account closed

Well, thanks to Mace everything works now. thanks!

*goes back to coding*
2007-01-04 15:27
Frantic

...and what was the problem? Got curious.. :)
2007-01-04 15:28
Scout

Quote: ...and what was the problem? Got curious.. :)

The problem was solved using Editplus + 64Tass.
We have a happy Knoeki now.
2007-01-04 16:39
Cruzer

@Knoeki: Always nice to see new people taking up C64 coding. Looking forward to your 1st machine code demo, although it might take a while. It took almost 2 years from I started machine code coding until I released my first demo. So have patience. :)
2007-01-04 17:14
Marauder/GSS
Account closed

Quote: ...and what was the problem? Got curious.. :)

I guess the problem was that ACME didn't compile the source due to wrong commandline-parameters in Relaunch, hence there was no file created and that's why Vice didn't load anything...

I have tested it out and got the same behaviour, but just after changing the parameters in Relaunch all worked fine, like mentioned in my previous posts... ;)

anyway, good luck Knoeki... looking forward to see first demo! (c;
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Icecube/Light
zscs
Kakka/Extend, Damone..
kbs/Pht/Lxt
Visage/Lethargy
Clayboy