Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #234482 : Koalavideo V03
2023-09-25 09:59
Moderators

Release id #234482 : Koalavideo V03

User Comment
Submitted by Raistlin [PM] on 21 September 2023
Can an admin move all this to a forum thread? Not fair to flood the comments section of this release with virus talk (sorry! My bad…).

Re: scanning exes over and over… I guess it needs to know whether the exe’s changed.. I get around this for most of my common exes by putting any “development” folders (such as D:\Git) into exclusions…

The reason I use Kaspersky is just for the parental stuff really… Defender and such is just too easy to bypass - and then my daughters are coming me to ask why their PC is slow, why their Chrome search engine is set to some obscure weird site, and so on…. Basically because they have over 150 known viruses all running and fighting for supremacy.

User Comment
Submitted by iAN CooG [PM] on 21 September 2023
Win10 64bit, i7 8core 3.3Ghz 16Gb RAM, system on SSD+ 4Tb HD, not exactly a slow PC ;) Avast free is fine for me while defender made me crazy.

User Comment
Submitted by chatGPZ [PM] on 21 September 2023
Quote:

pauses too much scanning each time an exe is executed

It shouldn't do this - are you still on win7 or something? (It's also a known problem that happens - only when some other antivirus is installed)

User Comment
Quote:

Re: Kaspersky Anti-virus Lab replies to your request [VD3] [FILE:2] [LN:EN] [KL-2026130]

Hello,

Sorry, it was a false detection. It will be fixed.
Thank you for your help.

Best regards, Chugunov Artem, Malware Analyst

good news, at least Kaspersky fixed their signatures, now only "Bkav Pro", whatever it is, reports an anomaly.

User Comment
Opinions. Defender is shit for me and pauses too much scanning each time an exe is executed, ffs learn it once scanned and stfu! =)
I better install avast free than using that crap.

User Comment
Submitted by chatGPZ [PM] on 21 September 2023
Just ignore the snakeoil false positives. VICE also triggers random scanners every now and then - there is no way around this. There is little reason to use any of those tools these days in the first place (defender is good enough really).

User Comment
Submitted by daddlerTL [PM] on 21 September 2023
@Raistlin: The false positives of some antivirus tools regarding the tools that help you to create your own Koalavideos (exe files) is a known problem and I do not know how to prevent this. Maybe the antivirus tools think it is malicious because it reads contents of the directory it is launched from (maybe they think it wants to spy something) which is necessary for the program to know which files are in there in order to use them and compile them to a Koalavideo or they think it is malicious because it deletes its temporary files after the job is done to clean up the directory.

I guarantee you that the Koalavideo tools do not do malicious things. If you still do not trust the exe files but want to use the tools you can read the provided source code and then compile it yourself using QB64, but it will again cause an antivirus warning because the resulting exe will be the same as provided in the zip archive - this step just lets you know what the program is doing.

If you just want to watch some Koalavideos you do not need those exe files. Only the player Koalavideo v03.prg and some *.reu files that contain Koalavideos are required and can be downloaded from the dropbox link. The exe files are only needed if you want to create your own video files.

User Comment
exe sent for reanalyzing with karspersky online tool https://opentip.kaspersky.com
we'll see what they'll do

User Comment
Thanks Ian, never saw that website before - looks handy.

User Comment
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/2c62378880e6748b7b27ea2d227..
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/070361392c4518148696648532c..
it would be better to inform at least Kaspersky to reanalyze the exe and fix their signatures.

User Comment
> false negative

"false positive" ;)

User Comment
Kaspersky's reporting that the playlistmaker exe (in Tools) includes a variant of this virus/trojan..? https://howtofix.guide/vhotrojan-spy-win32-bobik/

It might be a false negative .. maybe someone more knowledgeable with these things can check?

I only found out because I was syncing through Assembly64 .. and got the same report for V03, V02 and V01.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
csabanw
The MeatBall
Exile/Anubis
bugjam
CA$H/TRiAD
Guests online: 164