Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #26541 : Old Skool Demo
2006-01-15 19:05
Moloch

Release id #26541 : Old Skool Demo

Because of the apparently inability by Wanderer to leave the entry for "Oldskool Demo" alone (he has deleted and re-entered the entry four times now) and take the heat like a real scener - I've posted this here:

User Comment
Submitted by stash_wd on 14 January 2006
muhahah 20 years of ripping.. why he keeps on fucking up rasters is coz he rips them from pal demos.. wanderer u suck

User Comment
Submitted by Naphalm on 14 January 2006
wanderer, a pity you have never done anything valuable but just bark on the others.

User Comment
Submitted by mermaid on 14 January 2006
Best demo ever! Twenty years on the scene! Wow, that's pretty impressive. How long until this gets deleted and added again?

User Comment
Submitted by Style on 14 January 2006
How the hell do you manage to mistime simple rasters in both NTSC and PAL?

And an 'FLD' scroller that bounces about 7 pixels? :D

Glitches, nastiness.... egads

User Comment
Submitted by Groepaz on 14 January 2006
pahahaha. how low can you get?

User Comment
Submitted by stash_wd on 14 January 2006
wanderer: from what demo did u rip?? muhahaha yeah rely lame to delete peoples opinoins and this demo sux

User Comment
Submitted by radiantx on 14 January 2006
We've discussed several solutions for better policies regarding the editing and deleting of entries in CSDb on #C-64... However, just like the problem with anonymous voting, I see few signs that the admins are taking things seriously.

User Comment
Submitted by Zyron on 14 January 2006
Yeah this is really lame, deleting & re-adding... The old entry should be restored & this site seems to be in need of some heavy moderating these days.

User Comment
Submitted by Murdock on 14 January 2006
WTF is this ??? kindergarden ? yesterday I put my comment and now I see that it's deleted...it sucks...

PS. Hobbit was the member of Venom, now he doesn't ? WTF ?

User Comment
Submitted by Slarti on 14 January 2006
Kickback told me this was a joke demo. I guess that explains it.

What do you get when Old Skool ends? No class! Badoom tish.

I agree with the original comments that have been removed here, calling something "old school" does not make it good.

User Comment
Submitted by Britelite on 14 January 2006
Yeah, it's still crap

User Comment
Submitted by Scout on 13 January 2006
It was deleted because the negative comments and low ratings of the original post of this release would be deleted too.

Nothing has changed tho; still one big pile of timing errors.

How sad.

User Comment
Submitted by cba on 13 January 2006
? why was this deleted and redone today?

User Comment
Submitted by Wanderer on 15 January 2006
Simon Scott is a moron. FLD scroller moves 15 pixels down, not 7 and is indeed FLD. Works fine on NTSC machines.

There are NO raster splits in this demo. People need to lay off the hallucinogins.

Works 100% in NTSC.

User Comment
Submitted by Slarti on 15 January 2006
As I said in my last comment, Kickback told me this was intended to be some kind of new year's joke demo, so I can't see why the co-author is so touchy about it.

Also, as can be seen from the saved comments that were deleted, Stash said nothing about ripped PAL routines. He asked where the routines had been ripped from.

Why would simple colour splits be so wonky? Even if routines were ripped, that wouldn't guarantee that they would appear properly in NTSC or PAL, if used incorrectly.

Anyway, I'll say again my opinion of this release. Calling something old school does not make it good. If it is a joke demo, then I suppose it's making fun of old school stuff.

What do you get when Old Skool ends? No class! Badoom tish.

User Comment
Submitted by Kickback on 15 January 2006
Ok once again I will add to this stupid thing.... My page... my CRAPPY ASS PAGE FROM LIKE 10 - 12 YEARS... IS OLD! EVERYTHING IN IT. The only thing NEW in it is a cheap ass logo made in 5 mins.

This is all childish shit, why delete shit? Why repost? Why Re-comment? All I can say is act your friggin age man! My kids do shit like this!
Questions or Comments about my CRAPPY ASS PAGE, you can find me on IRC. Which who would have questions? Its a piece of shit dug up from a crap disk? Everyone has these!

User Comment
Submitted by Style on 15 January 2006
Bugs like shit in both ntsc and pal. 'FLD' scroller isnt. 'FLD' scroller bugs like shit. Game is a joke (nice sprites tho). Author keeps removing release to avoid negative comments. This shows how insecure he is.

User Comment
Submitted by SECRET MAN on 15 January 2006
I know some groups which would use the first part as first release or better as Prv.

User Comment
Submitted by Murdock on 15 January 2006
Ok let me write this comment again. I liked this demo, it has a nice oldsk00l mood! The only thing which I've missed was the lack of the oldsk00l 3-colours logos in the last parts :) I think that the game part should be in the middle of the demo or even at the end, not at the beginning.

Right, this is NTSC demo, so I see no reason for shouting about bugs. Also personal feelings to the author of this release shouldn't affect the comments and the voting.

The one and only bad thing about this is that this release got re-added so I have to type this comment once again (and last time for sure). Please avoid doing this thing again.

User Comment
Submitted by Wanderer on 14 January 2006
An explanation on the Old Skool demo:
- The demo is mine, I coded it (most of it) and created the entry. I have the right to remove it if I so desire.

- There is no "loader", only a cruncher that does take some time but if not for the crunch, the linking would not have been possible.

- The demo is NTSC not PAL. So it is not possible that any PAL routines were ripped if it doesn't work on PAL (Stash is mentally delayed and has no comprehension of this). There is no flicker and the rasters are fine if you are under NTSC. If your small mind cannot understand this, I cannot help you.

- The game was made in 2005. The plotter made in 2005. The other parts were made in 1989 so it's GOING to look old. It's not going to have any transitions. That is how demos were made. You pressed space and it went to the next page. This is something to be expected even in today's demos from time to time. People just don't understand the pages were not coded in 2005 they were made almost 20 years ago.

- Ripped music? What do you expect from the 1980's. We're not all music composers and even today's intros and demos don't necessarily use custom made music.

- If you have a comment on the demo fine. But if you want to leave ignorant and unfounded comments because you have a personal grudge (Mermaid, Stash, etc.), I'll continue to DELETE the entry. Things like "Wanderer ripped routines from a PAL demo" when the demo doesn't even work on PAL shows nothing but stupidity.

Cheers!

User Comment
Submitted by Dbug on 14 January 2006
Slow loader, no intermediate fades or any efforts of transition, ripped musics, flickering rasters, uninspired and short scrollers. And the slowest dots routine I ever saw !
Graphics of the shoot em up part are nice.

User Comment
Submitted by mermaid on 14 January 2006
Wow, 20 years in the scene! This demo rocks. There seems to be a bug in CSDB though, since the votes and comments for this entry keep disappearing for some reason?

User Comment
Submitted by radiantx on 14 January 2006
Hehe, votes and comments all gone, once more. :-)

http://oldsk00l.50megs.com

... 47 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2006-01-16 02:51
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: For the record, for the person who seems to not understand how CSDb entries work, I left a comment, info on the hidden part, trivia and goofs. I think that is actually four comments, and considering they are all entered on the same form, it's not so surprising.

Anyway, this is clearly Wanderer baiting in his usual trolling fashion, although it's interesting to note he's begun attacking CSDb administration as well.

Have fun with your trolling playground while it's still tolerated.

I thought a troll was an attempt to get a response from someone. YOU make a choice every day, to go look up MY demo, read the comments, save them to your PC and upload them to 50megs. YOU then add comments to it.

Clearly you're on acid again. If I kept putting entries in your entries, I would be the troll and you'd be the one defending yourself from said troll. But of course I must be asking for attention by trying to rid my entries from people like you. Oh Damian, your mind works in mysterious ways.

The ONSLAUGHT of stupidity still marches forth from Australia.

=======================
Slarti Quotes:

I don't think it's possible to become addicted to nicotine through mixing
tobacco with mull though. All it does for me is ruin the natural flavours of
the smoke, and a buzz/rush that usually makes me feel sick.
Message-ID: <freako.771153078@suburbia>

Zik man, yer have saved channel 7 from certain doom! I was dead set on
recording ren n stimpy this morn, set the recorder n all, and it wouldve
been all fer a crappy pre-pubescent dinosaur toon!!! Let's just say that the
channel 7 mailbag would've had a nasty surprise innit, hehehe
freako.749712510@suburbia

'ehp, i found my fave trippy toy on my first shroom trip. It was a few days
after the town show, and there was a lot of debris lyin about. We were
trudgin thru the field, picking our fungi friends and wot did i find? A cool
rubber ant! hehe... the strangest thing i find about having a trippy
possesion tho, is that at times just looking at it'll get me into a trippy
mood, which is understandable i guess...
freako.749600039@suburbia

well... I'd think it's fair to say that nutmeg is to be avoided at all
costs... I (stupidly i admit, no flames please) ate 125g, it knocked me out
for 4 days and I had a plasticiney hangover for a week... i honestly thought
i'd permenantly fucked myself up, not a good feeling i tell ya...
freako.749709849@suburbia

Hmmm... Well I've not tried DM yet, tho a FOAF may soon, heh... But I had
a similar experience to the one you describe on my first shroom trip.
It was a very sunny day, and i was in a park with five or six other tripping
friends. I was in an extremely happy mood, tho i had one problem...
Everyone was shrinking and growing (my trippin mind couldnt figure that they
were just going off into the distance). I mean, picture a guy in a town park
happily shouting to all who pass by "Hey, you're shrinkin! How dya do
that?!?!"
freako.749607214@suburbia
2006-01-16 02:55
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Well, this is exactly the behaviour you assured Perff and Cyberbrain that you would stop. You promised them that in return for leniency.

Now you can't edit it, let's see if you get away with this trolling for much longer.
2006-01-16 02:59
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: Well, this is exactly the behaviour you assured Perff and Cyberbrain that you would stop. You promised them that in return for leniency.

Now you can't edit it, let's see if you get away with this trolling for much longer.

There is no troll you fucking drug abusing nitwit.

There is only you continuing to seek out my entries and comment on them. If I am such a bad coder, so below you, why concern yourself with entries for my demo?

You live for me. Go away, seriously.

You will also recall the admins asked all to stop the threads pertaining to me, yet Moloch and Mermaid began new ones and you, along with your other Australian friends, joined in.

You can't attack my entry daily and turn around to say I'm breaking rules. Go take some nutmeg you fucking kook.

=======================
Slarti Quotes:

I don't think it's possible to become addicted to nicotine through mixing
tobacco with mull though. All it does for me is ruin the natural flavours of
the smoke, and a buzz/rush that usually makes me feel sick.
Message-ID: <freako.771153078@suburbia>

Zik man, yer have saved channel 7 from certain doom! I was dead set on
recording ren n stimpy this morn, set the recorder n all, and it wouldve
been all fer a crappy pre-pubescent dinosaur toon!!! Let's just say that the
channel 7 mailbag would've had a nasty surprise innit, hehehe
freako.749712510@suburbia

'ehp, i found my fave trippy toy on my first shroom trip. It was a few days
after the town show, and there was a lot of debris lyin about. We were
trudgin thru the field, picking our fungi friends and wot did i find? A cool
rubber ant! hehe... the strangest thing i find about having a trippy
possesion tho, is that at times just looking at it'll get me into a trippy
mood, which is understandable i guess...
freako.749600039@suburbia

well... I'd think it's fair to say that nutmeg is to be avoided at all
costs... I (stupidly i admit, no flames please) ate 125g, it knocked me out
for 4 days and I had a plasticiney hangover for a week... i honestly thought
i'd permenantly fucked myself up, not a good feeling i tell ya...
freako.749709849@suburbia

Hmmm... Well I've not tried DM yet, tho a FOAF may soon, heh... But I had
a similar experience to the one you describe on my first shroom trip.
It was a very sunny day, and i was in a park with five or six other tripping
friends. I was in an extremely happy mood, tho i had one problem...
Everyone was shrinking and growing (my trippin mind couldnt figure that they
were just going off into the distance). I mean, picture a guy in a town park
happily shouting to all who pass by "Hey, you're shrinkin! How dya do
that?!?!"
freako.749607214@suburbia
2006-01-16 03:06
Slartibartfast
Account closed

I have commented on your release, Wanderer, which apparently is a joke demo anyway so I can't see why you seem to be so offended.

These comments are opinions, not attacks, I have posted no profanities, no personal digs at you or Kickback. In fact I get along pretty well with Kickback, he's a nice guy.

I think you're attacking the wrong person here, I've done nothing to you at all. Although I can understand that as a troll you're driven to attack the person most likely to respond.

All you're doing now is showing the CSDb admins how wrong they were for giving you so many chances.

Of course, you did actually make abusive comments on one of my demos, and a nasty comment on an old chrome demo, possibly even more comments. You've deleted them and are now playing innocent, CSDb admins have already been notified of this:

User Comment
Submitted by Wanderer on 16 January 2006
Who made this piece of shit? It looks like it was done by someone who takes acid all the time and smokes up daily.

And that, is all I have to say about that.
2006-01-16 03:10
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: I have commented on your release, Wanderer, which apparently is a joke demo anyway so I can't see why you seem to be so offended.

These comments are opinions, not attacks, I have posted no profanities, no personal digs at you or Kickback. In fact I get along pretty well with Kickback, he's a nice guy.

I think you're attacking the wrong person here, I've done nothing to you at all. Although I can understand that as a troll you're driven to attack the person most likely to respond.

All you're doing now is showing the CSDb admins how wrong they were for giving you so many chances.

Of course, you did actually make abusive comments on one of my demos, and a nasty comment on an old chrome demo, possibly even more comments. You've deleted them and are now playing innocent, CSDb admins have already been notified of this:

User Comment
Submitted by Wanderer on 16 January 2006
Who made this piece of shit? It looks like it was done by someone who takes acid all the time and smokes up daily.

And that, is all I have to say about that.

You seek out my release, insert a link to your own page where there are ignorant and awful remarks about it, and claim I'm attacking the wrong person?

No, I have the right person in my sights. Comment if you want, but leave the links out of it. They are personal attacks against me, not made on the merits of the actual demo.

You are fair game.

p.s. It's creepy how you concern yourself with my release, and come back hourly. Stalking tendencies may be why your gal wisely dumped you, or the nutmeg thing. Nice, real nice.
2006-01-16 03:14
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Quote: You seek out my release, insert a link to your own page where there are ignorant and awful remarks about it, and claim I'm attacking the wrong person?

No, I have the right person in my sights. Comment if you want, but leave the links out of it. They are personal attacks against me, not made on the merits of the actual demo.

You are fair game.

p.s. It's creepy how you concern yourself with my release, and come back hourly. Stalking tendencies may be why your gal wisely dumped you, or the nutmeg thing. Nice, real nice.

Ah, you can't edit the personal attacks out after a reply. Keep it up, you're exposing yourself as the troll that you are.
2006-01-16 03:18
Wanderer
Account closed

It's no attack and I'll post it so you can chase it down like you chase my every move and every upload, you stalking kook :)

"p.s. It's creepy how you concern yourself with my release, and come back hourly. Stalking tendencies may be why your gal wisely dumped you, or the nutmeg thing. Nice, real nice."

There you go. Please be sure to come back hourly to copy the comments from my release and claim I'm the troll, as you upload them.

Kook probably drove by his ex's house hourly too. :)

Bye kook
2006-01-16 03:34
A Life in Hell
Account closed

Quote: It's no attack and I'll post it so you can chase it down like you chase my every move and every upload, you stalking kook :)

"p.s. It's creepy how you concern yourself with my release, and come back hourly. Stalking tendencies may be why your gal wisely dumped you, or the nutmeg thing. Nice, real nice."

There you go. Please be sure to come back hourly to copy the comments from my release and claim I'm the troll, as you upload them.

Kook probably drove by his ex's house hourly too. :)

Bye kook

How do I travel from this universe to the one where that is not an attack? I believe there are some string theorists who would like to have a word with you...
2006-01-16 03:52
Wanderer
Account closed

Fact:

You seek out my release, insert a link to your own page where there are ignorant and awful remarks about it, and claim I'm attacking the wrong person?

Opinion:

No, I have the right person in my sights.

Suggestion:

Comment if you want, but leave the links out of it. They are personal attacks against me, not made on the merits of the actual demo.

Statement:

You are fair game.

Opinion:

p.s. It's creepy how you concern yourself with my release, and come back hourly.

Professional opinion as Slarti's behaviour is actually described in the DSM-IV which we professionals use to diagnose behaviours:

Stalking tendencies may be why your gal wisely dumped you, or the nutmeg thing. Nice, real nice.

====
I can't prevent him from logging on and going straight to my demo. I can't prevent him from archiving it and keeping copies on his PC. I can't prevent him from keeping copies of my entry comments. I can't prevent him from thinking my behaviour is trolling when I do nothing but defer offensive entries.

However I can take all of my years in dealing with individuals like this, and see that he fits PERFECTLY the obsessive type.

He also falls into passive-aggressive. He will leave the forums claiming never to come back but leave small little insults in the one-liners. When they are addressed, he backs off and plays role of victim.

Many of Slarti's posts are designed, probably subconciously, to label himself as a victim. He doesn't address his own involvement by leaving comments in both entries and one-liners.

It's no surprise that passive aggressive personality disorder types have a history of drug use and see themselves as the innocent ones.

There's also the issue of stalking, in which one feels that have done no wrong but that's another issue entirely.

No, I have to say anyone with his behaviours would not be a candidate for a successful relationsip. Take it as an attack or professional opinion.

Cheers, I'm off to sleep.
2006-01-16 03:54
A Life in Hell
Account closed

Quote: Fact:

Opinion:

No, I have the right person in my sights.

Suggestion:

Comment if you want, but leave the links out of it. They are personal attacks against me, not made on the merits of the actual demo.

Statement:

You are fair game.

Opinion:

p.s. It's creepy how you concern yourself with my release, and come back hourly.

Professional opinion as Slarti's behaviour is actually described in the DSM-IV which we professionals use to diagnose behaviours:

Stalking tendencies may be why your gal wisely dumped you, or the nutmeg thing. Nice, real nice.

====
I can't prevent him from logging on and going straight to my demo. I can't prevent him from archiving it and keeping copies on his PC. I can't prevent him from keeping copies of my entry comments. I can't prevent him from thinking my behaviour is trolling when I do nothing but defer offensive entries.

However I can take all of my years in dealing with individuals like this, and see that he fits PERFECTLY the obsessive type.

He also falls into passive-aggressive. He will leave the forums claiming never to come back but leave small little insults in the one-liners. When they are addressed, he backs off and plays role of victim.

Many of Slarti's posts are designed, probably subconciously, to label himself as a victim. He doesn't address his own involvement by leaving comments in both entries and one-liners.

It's no surprise that passive aggressive personality disorder types have a history of drug use and see themselves as the innocent ones.

There's also the issue of stalking, in which one feels that have done no wrong but that's another issue entirely.

No, I have to say anyone with his behaviours would not be a candidate for a successful relationsip. Take it as an attack or professional opinion.

Cheers, I'm off to sleep.

(edit prevention)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
E$G/hOKUtO fOrcE
Oswald/Resource
syntaxerror
MMS_Z
Didi/Laxity
celticdesign/G★P/M..