Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #26541 : Old Skool Demo
2006-01-15 19:05
Moloch

Release id #26541 : Old Skool Demo

Because of the apparently inability by Wanderer to leave the entry for "Oldskool Demo" alone (he has deleted and re-entered the entry four times now) and take the heat like a real scener - I've posted this here:

User Comment
Submitted by stash_wd on 14 January 2006
muhahah 20 years of ripping.. why he keeps on fucking up rasters is coz he rips them from pal demos.. wanderer u suck

User Comment
Submitted by Naphalm on 14 January 2006
wanderer, a pity you have never done anything valuable but just bark on the others.

User Comment
Submitted by mermaid on 14 January 2006
Best demo ever! Twenty years on the scene! Wow, that's pretty impressive. How long until this gets deleted and added again?

User Comment
Submitted by Style on 14 January 2006
How the hell do you manage to mistime simple rasters in both NTSC and PAL?

And an 'FLD' scroller that bounces about 7 pixels? :D

Glitches, nastiness.... egads

User Comment
Submitted by Groepaz on 14 January 2006
pahahaha. how low can you get?

User Comment
Submitted by stash_wd on 14 January 2006
wanderer: from what demo did u rip?? muhahaha yeah rely lame to delete peoples opinoins and this demo sux

User Comment
Submitted by radiantx on 14 January 2006
We've discussed several solutions for better policies regarding the editing and deleting of entries in CSDb on #C-64... However, just like the problem with anonymous voting, I see few signs that the admins are taking things seriously.

User Comment
Submitted by Zyron on 14 January 2006
Yeah this is really lame, deleting & re-adding... The old entry should be restored & this site seems to be in need of some heavy moderating these days.

User Comment
Submitted by Murdock on 14 January 2006
WTF is this ??? kindergarden ? yesterday I put my comment and now I see that it's deleted...it sucks...

PS. Hobbit was the member of Venom, now he doesn't ? WTF ?

User Comment
Submitted by Slarti on 14 January 2006
Kickback told me this was a joke demo. I guess that explains it.

What do you get when Old Skool ends? No class! Badoom tish.

I agree with the original comments that have been removed here, calling something "old school" does not make it good.

User Comment
Submitted by Britelite on 14 January 2006
Yeah, it's still crap

User Comment
Submitted by Scout on 13 January 2006
It was deleted because the negative comments and low ratings of the original post of this release would be deleted too.

Nothing has changed tho; still one big pile of timing errors.

How sad.

User Comment
Submitted by cba on 13 January 2006
? why was this deleted and redone today?

User Comment
Submitted by Wanderer on 15 January 2006
Simon Scott is a moron. FLD scroller moves 15 pixels down, not 7 and is indeed FLD. Works fine on NTSC machines.

There are NO raster splits in this demo. People need to lay off the hallucinogins.

Works 100% in NTSC.

User Comment
Submitted by Slarti on 15 January 2006
As I said in my last comment, Kickback told me this was intended to be some kind of new year's joke demo, so I can't see why the co-author is so touchy about it.

Also, as can be seen from the saved comments that were deleted, Stash said nothing about ripped PAL routines. He asked where the routines had been ripped from.

Why would simple colour splits be so wonky? Even if routines were ripped, that wouldn't guarantee that they would appear properly in NTSC or PAL, if used incorrectly.

Anyway, I'll say again my opinion of this release. Calling something old school does not make it good. If it is a joke demo, then I suppose it's making fun of old school stuff.

What do you get when Old Skool ends? No class! Badoom tish.

User Comment
Submitted by Kickback on 15 January 2006
Ok once again I will add to this stupid thing.... My page... my CRAPPY ASS PAGE FROM LIKE 10 - 12 YEARS... IS OLD! EVERYTHING IN IT. The only thing NEW in it is a cheap ass logo made in 5 mins.

This is all childish shit, why delete shit? Why repost? Why Re-comment? All I can say is act your friggin age man! My kids do shit like this!
Questions or Comments about my CRAPPY ASS PAGE, you can find me on IRC. Which who would have questions? Its a piece of shit dug up from a crap disk? Everyone has these!

User Comment
Submitted by Style on 15 January 2006
Bugs like shit in both ntsc and pal. 'FLD' scroller isnt. 'FLD' scroller bugs like shit. Game is a joke (nice sprites tho). Author keeps removing release to avoid negative comments. This shows how insecure he is.

User Comment
Submitted by SECRET MAN on 15 January 2006
I know some groups which would use the first part as first release or better as Prv.

User Comment
Submitted by Murdock on 15 January 2006
Ok let me write this comment again. I liked this demo, it has a nice oldsk00l mood! The only thing which I've missed was the lack of the oldsk00l 3-colours logos in the last parts :) I think that the game part should be in the middle of the demo or even at the end, not at the beginning.

Right, this is NTSC demo, so I see no reason for shouting about bugs. Also personal feelings to the author of this release shouldn't affect the comments and the voting.

The one and only bad thing about this is that this release got re-added so I have to type this comment once again (and last time for sure). Please avoid doing this thing again.

User Comment
Submitted by Wanderer on 14 January 2006
An explanation on the Old Skool demo:
- The demo is mine, I coded it (most of it) and created the entry. I have the right to remove it if I so desire.

- There is no "loader", only a cruncher that does take some time but if not for the crunch, the linking would not have been possible.

- The demo is NTSC not PAL. So it is not possible that any PAL routines were ripped if it doesn't work on PAL (Stash is mentally delayed and has no comprehension of this). There is no flicker and the rasters are fine if you are under NTSC. If your small mind cannot understand this, I cannot help you.

- The game was made in 2005. The plotter made in 2005. The other parts were made in 1989 so it's GOING to look old. It's not going to have any transitions. That is how demos were made. You pressed space and it went to the next page. This is something to be expected even in today's demos from time to time. People just don't understand the pages were not coded in 2005 they were made almost 20 years ago.

- Ripped music? What do you expect from the 1980's. We're not all music composers and even today's intros and demos don't necessarily use custom made music.

- If you have a comment on the demo fine. But if you want to leave ignorant and unfounded comments because you have a personal grudge (Mermaid, Stash, etc.), I'll continue to DELETE the entry. Things like "Wanderer ripped routines from a PAL demo" when the demo doesn't even work on PAL shows nothing but stupidity.

Cheers!

User Comment
Submitted by Dbug on 14 January 2006
Slow loader, no intermediate fades or any efforts of transition, ripped musics, flickering rasters, uninspired and short scrollers. And the slowest dots routine I ever saw !
Graphics of the shoot em up part are nice.

User Comment
Submitted by mermaid on 14 January 2006
Wow, 20 years in the scene! This demo rocks. There seems to be a bug in CSDB though, since the votes and comments for this entry keep disappearing for some reason?

User Comment
Submitted by radiantx on 14 January 2006
Hehe, votes and comments all gone, once more. :-)

http://oldsk00l.50megs.com

... 47 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2006-01-16 15:01
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: You're getting up in the middle of the night to answer CSDB threads? Man, that shows a dedication to waring that I simply cannot relate to. Fuck, I'd be lucky to get up if the house was burning down around me :-p.

lol... forgot to shut off the speakers on the bedroom computer :)
2006-01-16 15:46
Matt

Quote: Youre wrong again.We had always an updated Blue Box which was coded by Lazyness (Olli-Bolli).I can remember this Taiwain Bluebox.We only made the conferences over At&t or the great MCI Family cards.
And i remember the time as you licked Marcs ass.True
So,what do you want to tell me?

Cant await the new Onslaught intro with flickering sprites of kangaroos,sid music from Men at Work.(Down Under)
In the middle of the screen the bush-man David with his devil costume. :)

admit it, the kangaroo thing haha
this is a good one LOL 8)

I told you before secretman, you're way too funny chill down mate 8)
2006-01-16 17:27
SECRET MAN
Account closed

Ok here we have the sid

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=26574

Now we need the kangoroo.Stash can do this job.So we dont need to improvise

2006-01-16 18:38
Jazzcat

Awesome effort!!!!

LOL
2006-01-17 00:20
Style

Quote: Actually I have always been a psychologist. I began on the bottom end of the totem-pole as a part-time employee dealing with children. Worked my way up to full time a year later, and when the current Executive Director left, I was voted to take over by the board of directors. I no longer work with the clients, I oversee the day to day operations. It's a great job but those eight years sure do help with dealing with kooks like you :)

I noticed that the best you could offer was 'idiot'. Which is good, for it shows me you were unable to come up with any retort or possible defense of your friend Damian. Your replies are losing strength day by day. *yawn*

I'm sure there are a few behaviours we could find for you as well. For now though, you're just a dorky looking guy with a bad haircut LOL.

Did you think you ever had a chance against me in the first place? I had Slarti reeled in like a fish from the moment I was able to diagnose his behaviours.

Oh and since this is the proper thread... Old Skool has always been noted that it was made up of old demoparts that were never used. For the reason they were very bad. Rather than fix them up, they were put out as found from the original tape-backup they came from. All this excitement over 17 year old rejected intros put out as a joke. Oh my, how I like to watch you clowns dance. Can you and Slarti do the cha-cha for me next?

Gotta run back to work... ciao :)

Oh, Ive got no doubts youre talking out your ass.

Any psychologist with an ounce of professional integrity a) wouldnt post such nonsense here and b) would never offer 'professional' advice over the internet. So if you are a psychologist, which Im sure you arent, then you are the worst ever. It is just another piece of bullshit you use to try to stir things up. 'Passive agressive' indeed - saw that in a movie did you?

Diagnose his behaviours? hahahahahahaha. If you think the internet mirrors real life in any way perhaps it is you who needs his head read.

As for your demo, we realise it sucks, and we said it sucked. It was you who couldnt take the negativity! I welcome all feedback, bad or good. You might wanna try it sometime. Why post a demo you know is shit and then cry like a schoolgirl when people downvote it?

As for your post for my Genesis demo, I too realise it sucked big time, but its posted here as it was part of our history. It was my first real demopart and Im not ashamed of it.

As for my haircut, dude, that photo was taken many years ago... Perhaps you could pick on my (illness induced) lack of weight instead? or perhaps state the obvious that Im ugly? Youre prone to ranting about things you dont have the 1st clue about (eg slarti's gf), so lets hear it?

2006-01-17 04:05
Wildstar

Quote: Oh, Ive got no doubts youre talking out your ass.

Any psychologist with an ounce of professional integrity a) wouldnt post such nonsense here and b) would never offer 'professional' advice over the internet. So if you are a psychologist, which Im sure you arent, then you are the worst ever. It is just another piece of bullshit you use to try to stir things up. 'Passive agressive' indeed - saw that in a movie did you?

Diagnose his behaviours? hahahahahahaha. If you think the internet mirrors real life in any way perhaps it is you who needs his head read.

As for your demo, we realise it sucks, and we said it sucked. It was you who couldnt take the negativity! I welcome all feedback, bad or good. You might wanna try it sometime. Why post a demo you know is shit and then cry like a schoolgirl when people downvote it?

As for your post for my Genesis demo, I too realise it sucked big time, but its posted here as it was part of our history. It was my first real demopart and Im not ashamed of it.

As for my haircut, dude, that photo was taken many years ago... Perhaps you could pick on my (illness induced) lack of weight instead? or perhaps state the obvious that Im ugly? Youre prone to ranting about things you dont have the 1st clue about (eg slarti's gf), so lets hear it?

In fact, professional pschologists with any sense of professional integrity holds to fundamental professional conduct at all times where their message is public. Since this is in PUBLIC records and can be shown to the board of directors that he works for and the clients that pays for professional help.

I am safe for now to be relatively the way I am. However, when I begin to practice professionally, I would have to behave professionally when and wherever is public. Of course, I am studying for practicing architecture and this field requires professional conduct in relation to architectural practice.

Wanderer, professional conduct would mean to control one's emotions - especially in a field that involves professional advice in the areas of emotion and psychological behavior and helping people control one's behavior.

Old saying is that thou shall conquer his demons before thou giveth advice unto others on how to conquer their demons.

Wanderer, I think you need to think about yourself and how you are acting in your responses. Professionally, you should know when you speak and when not to. You are being setup for obvious traps and you are getting sucked in.

It was weak and unprofessional of you to comment about Slarti's gf when you knew nothing about it. Professional Psychologists do NOT show such behavior in public or public forums. It makes you look bad and makes your company look bad. You are 24/7 a represenative of your company as long as you work for them. Consider the image of your company you work for before you post and how that post reflects your company. In most cases, employees especially executives of a company are not allowed to post messages publically that is against the image of the company. If the company is of any reasonable quality, they will bar you from posting or drop you from there company and sever their ties with you.

It would be an embarassment to you professionally.

2006-01-17 04:07
Style

You missed the point - he's no more a psychologist than I am. He's talking out of his ass again.
2006-01-17 04:15
Wildstar

Quote: You missed the point - he's no more a psychologist than I am. He's talking out of his ass again.

He claims it. I'm holding him to his claim and hold him to that professional criteria. If he is professionally practicing without proper licensing - he can be in legal trouble. Like a layer practicing law without license.

Hold him to his claim. (whether you personally believe or know he is not - I say, let him set himself up for a fall).

2006-01-17 04:36
Style

hahaha, I just realised why he keeps crying about my haircut - in my csdb pic the side of my head looks bald since my hair is blondish and it was a sunny day :)

2006-01-17 04:54
G-Fellow
Account closed

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
MCM/ONSLAUGHT
Quetzal/Chrome
Guests online: 122
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)