Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user tubesockor ! (Registered 2024-05-12) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #5496 : Scoopex
2008-04-17 20:40
dalezy

Group id #5496 : Scoopex

i bet assidous slipped shortly before hitting submit.
cactus has nothing to do with scoopex, and scoopex isn't exactly supposed to be at csdb due to reasons that aren't quite c64-related. anyone with access to a moderator's index finger, give that red button a try. =)
2008-04-17 20:53
chatGPZ

it isnt locked, so just delete it if you think it should :)
2008-04-17 21:01
assiduous
Account closed

i dont really know what you are talking about. from the article "Z Votek" from the magazine Inverse # 1 by Oxygen64:

" nowo powstala grupa SCOOPEX na gwalt poszukuje ludzi wszyelkich specljanosci. Dyski ichetnych slac na Adres Cactus` "

which can probably be translated to (my knowledge of polish is abit broken,sb with Polish as their mother tongue correct me if im wrong):

" a newly founded group SCOOPEX is eagerly looking for people of various functions. Send your disks to Cactus. "

the magazine is from 1996 and the group is newly founded and it is a C64 disk magazine and nowhere is it mentioned that it is a PC group so it has nothing to do with the PC group Scoopex or what ever youre referring to.

* making a mental note that a public call for moderators to delete the entry is a way more ellegant way of dealing with such issues than contacting the creator of the entry *

EDIT:
Quote:
it isnt locked, so just delete it if you think it should :)

its heart warming to see a moderator endorsing such practices.
2008-04-17 21:14
dalezy

wow, that's quite something, didn't know of the posting in that mag.
until now i haven't heard of any plans of having another scoopex-spawn on c64, other than the one we know from amiga and later on pc that (speaking of csdb-residents) mermaid, tmb and i have been part of. the both can probably nod in agreement there. =)

pawel, wtf is up with that? please shed some light on that matter =)
2008-04-17 21:25
chatGPZ

Quote:

its heart warming to see a moderator endorsing such practices.

every deletion is beeing logged, and reviewed ...

and anyway, my comment obviously refered to the unnecessary call for a moderator. dalezy obviously DID ask for comments (and doing so in public using the "discuss this entry" feature is pretty much the proper way to get things sorted out quickly, and save the discussion for future reference at the same time) and he neither deleted the entry nor did i.

that said, there should be a comment in trivia pointing out that this group is unrelated to the scoopex group we all know, to prevent similar confusion in the future :)
2008-04-17 21:32
dalezy

Quote:
dalezy obviously DID ask for comments

yeah, i just couldn't take how this forum suffers from the usual boring coders-only-talk. =)
2008-04-17 21:41
assiduous
Account closed

Quote:
every deletion is beeing logged, and reviewed ...
Thank god,you would have surely saved the entry with your vast knowledge of polish lamer labels.

its upto you to add a trivia entry or sth cause i dont know/give a shit about the amiga/pc scene. i wouldnt be surprised if Cactus formed that group as the C64 section without the knowledge of anyone ,it seems that people were full of lame ideas judging by what those old zines say.
2008-04-17 21:50
chatGPZ

Quote:

Thank god,you would have surely saved the entry with your vast knowledge of polish lamer labels.

maybe not :) but then again, noone would have missed a group with one member and no releases either =P
2008-04-17 22:01
assiduous
Account closed

no one would have missed much more than that,probably a considerable percentage of entries in this database. that doesnt mean that it should be an endorsed practice to go around and delete what we just *think* should be deleted without contacting the person who created the entry,particularly with the creator of the entry visiting CSDb on a regular basis. i believed it was obvious to all people responsible for this database,apparently its not.
2008-04-21 09:50
Tim
Account closed

/Quote… * making a mental note that a public call for moderators to delete the entry is a way more ellegant way of dealing with such issues than contacting the creator of the entry * …/Unquote

Deleting obviously would have been wrong, glad that’s cleared.

I do however want to point out that the method of pm'ing the creator isn’t always to right way. First, do you have an idea how little of them actually reply to pm's? I know you are here often, but many are not. secondly pm’s get lost/deleted over time.

Using discuss entries is the exact way I would advise others.
It's searchable, public and the info stays in the forum even after a release is deleted for future reference. It has so far helped me correcting my errors either by viewing my own mistakes or watching others being corrected (as in this thread).
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
bepp/ΤRIΛD
Ghost/Quantum
Frostbyte/Artline De..
DjS/Silicon Ltd
Courage
iAN CooG/HVSC