Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #88319 : Robin of the Wood
2010-02-15 13:35
Count Zero

Release id #88319 : Robin of the Wood

REQUEST DELETION.

1 Block Basic Loaders represent no release. Original ABC release untouched - no re-crack - double upload - local lamer print line additions to show they owned a c64. What else you need?

l8r
Count Zero/CyberpunX/SCS*TRC

... 34 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-02-16 18:00
tnu
Account closed

Quote:
seriously, a basic line requires zero effort. there is nothing to judge about it.

...seriously,i could care less about if it took alot of effort for some and none for others....was that really the issue?...i was mearly asking if count zero would be the judge of what is ok and what is not.....he seems to be moderating what stays and what does not so it was just a fair question......
2010-02-16 19:01
Count Zero

I'd love to be able to. As you may figure sooner or later I am usually just looking at cracking related things and the few other fields I am interested in. I wouldn't check a basic tune for it's uniqueness e.g. :)

The main problem is that people here dig up so much incredibly awkward, unrelated, badly named, not working and incomplete stuff and just upload it - many without checking existing releases as well - there is hardly any hope left.
When stumbling upon such I simply take the chance to yet again flame upload whores and blame people for not knowing what they are doing. Simple as that.

There are virtually hundreds of _games_ still missing here - making a multiple of that in releases. Thats a different story though. Those are for sure more welcome as uploads than stand alone ripped intros, notes to xyz or _imho_ standalone docs.

l8r
Count Zero/CyberpunX/SCS*TRC
2010-02-16 21:56
Jon
Account closed

I suppose it's all moot now. Someone took it upon themselves to delete the entry. :p

2010-02-17 07:39
The MeatBall

A bit late, but just my 0.2$:
This looked to me like one of those groups that "imported" cracks into their country (or atleast liked to pretend they were the first in the country to get it), even if the original release was from another european country. There are other releases like this in CSDb where people have linked an intro (ok, intro and not just some basic stuff), and "released" it.
IMHO this should be included, it was a part of the scene, however lame some people might think it is, this was how things were back in the late '80s.
2010-02-17 11:41
tnu
Account closed

Quote:
The main problem is that people here dig up so much incredibly awkward, unrelated, badly named, not working and incomplete stuff and just upload it - many without checking existing releases as well - there is hardly any hope left.

...indeed..i have edited so many errors in this database lately...and this problem with ppl uploading whole disksides(with 5-6 different)releases as 1 entry at the time is annoying to say at least....

Quote:
When stumbling upon such I simply take the chance to yet again flame upload whores and blame people for not knowing what they are doing. Simple as that.

....if you upload alot your self you are entitled to do that....the problem with this database is that it is full of registred crybabies that provide jack shit to the site but lives on judging others mistakes only....and make sure i do not point at you personally....this is for this database generally..

Quote:
I suppose it's all moot now. Someone took it upon themselves to delete the entry. :p

....i noticed that....very annoying..

Quote:
This looked to me like one of those groups that "imported" cracks into their country (or atleast liked to pretend they were the first in the country to get it), even if the original release was from another european country. There are other releases like this in CSDb where people have linked an intro (ok, intro and not just some basic stuff), and "released" it.
IMHO this should be included, it was a part of the scene, however lame some people might think it is, this was how things were back in the late '80s.

..my thoughts exactly...there are many releases of this kind that gets to stay,therefor i asked the moderators about this what-stays-what does not...but i never got an answer....
2010-02-17 11:54
chatGPZ

Quote:
and this problem with ppl uploading whole disksides(with 5-6 different)releases as 1 entry at the time is annoying to say at least....

i find people who rip apart spread disks (and often mess up the entire thing in the process) far more annoying to be honest.

Quote:
there are many releases of this kind that gets to stay,

not really. noone except you even bothered to keep such crap, let alone upload it =)

Quote:
therefor i asked the moderators about this what-stays-what does not...but i never got an answer....

because you damn well know the answer already. also self regulation worked quite well this time (for a change)

but indeed, it looks (again) as if common sense doesnt work for everyone and we need yet another rule. we'll see.
2010-02-17 12:10
tnu
Account closed

Quote:
noone except you even bothered to keep such crap,

...oh really?...then my mistake......sorry..

Quote:
let alone upload it =)

...will do from now on....as you are a moderator you should know best...

Quote:
because you damn well know the answer already.

...i do now.....

Quote:
also self regulation worked quite well this time (for a change)

....ok..

Quote:
but indeed, it looks (again) as if common sense doesnt work for everyone and we need yet another rule. we'll see.

.....there are many rules on this database..that i have noticed yes....
2010-02-17 12:26
chatGPZ

Quote:
.....there are many rules on this database..that i have noticed yes....

one for every dot in your posts :o)
2010-02-17 12:28
tnu
Account closed

Quote:
one for every dot in your posts :o)

....thats a hell of a lot of rules......and dots...
2010-02-17 13:10
Moloch

There are quite a lot of "local lamer" releases from the US in this database. Anything that uses an intromaker is pure crap, we all know that. But it's part of the culture, regardless.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
ptoing
Ramon B5/DESiRE
Guests online: 111
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 13:37  (9.7)