Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > Is every fart worth a release?
2015-06-26 21:44
No-XS

Is every fart worth a release?

I wonder what you think!

More and more, sid music is presented to us here on CSDB as single release. Some music is worth a release, even with a standard PSID screen. But, to me: Some are not!

Now I know what some of you might say: Taste differs and who are we to decide what is worth of a release?
(I believe we had that discussion with 'just some lame' graphician)

And I know there is not much we can do about it, than bully some people or try to ask some people to refrain from releasing stuff until at least 3 or 4 people say it's worthy of releasing

That being said, I was wondering that 99% of the sidmusic in HVSC was never released on CSDB as a single release. Who wants to take up that job?

And to taunt you even further: I still have 9873 unreleased worktunes, most are about 37 seconds long and sound like shite. Shall I..... ?

... 28 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2015-06-28 19:36
No-XS

Mixer: they aren't sids released. They are music in a demo, or production, or whatever!! My god, I know I really suck as a composer..

This makes me want to leave CSDB...Thank you
2015-06-28 19:43
chatGPZ

there is a pretty simple solution (which however, i know a lot wont like at all) - make it like pouet, and have a selected group of people who can add stuff (preferably these are not involved in creating those)
2015-06-28 20:09
T.M.R
Account closed

Quoting ทѳ-×ઽ/toondichters
I can't remember, in the beginning of csdb, that every sidtune itself was released. It was mainly after PSID became widely used, i think!

PSID just made things more convenient i think, before that there were still noters or persuading a programmer to write some bespoke code. These are all valid releases to my mind like the WeMUSIC or Hubbard music demos from the 1980s (possibly more so since those were meant to be touting for commercial work rather than directly contributing to the scene) so should be archived here.

Quoting Groepaz
there is a pretty simple solution (which however, i know a lot wont like at all) - make it like pouet, and have a selected group of people who can add stuff (preferably these are not involved in creating those)

Anybody can add something to Pouet (at least i'm assuming that hasn't changed since i last added a release) but the moderators have to get involved for even minor edits and that's a crappy approach. i reckon it's telling that the newcomer Demozoo is more like the CSDb than Pouet.

What might work is a more flexible way to tailor the "CSDb experience" in the same way we can currently select "Demo scene" or "Crack scene" view modes, but allowing much more freedom to hide or perhaps highlight specific categories and perhaps even define if those rules only apply in certain circumstances like releases outside of competitions. How often it'd actually be used is anyone's guess...
2015-06-28 20:22
Mixer

No-Xs: So, no sid-file only releases in CSDB, is that it? or, no bad quality sid-file only releases in CSDB, is that it?

I am sorry if you leave because of this.
2015-06-28 21:24
Burglar

Quote:
Oh and is it too much to ignore the stuff/artists you don't like?
+1, really whats all the fuss about. as long as its not ripped, a release is a release.

noksje, zit je tampon scheef? ;)
2015-06-28 21:52
chatGPZ

Quote:
zit je tampon scheef?

LOL
2015-06-29 06:16
LMan

Well, making the experience lately when I wanted to replace the PSID screen of my song releases with Koala pics. Those were then separated into extra releases, which was *not* what I wanted, however it was pointed out to me that CSDb is not a release site but a database, like Groepaz mentioned. Since there is no "version" tracking of a single release, each bugfix for example in Ghosts 'n Goblins Arcade will require a new release. Those are the rules, and since a database should be as complete as possible, I'm agree to the "accept all" policy.
2015-06-29 20:42
Soren

Farts are to be released at parties, so others can enjoy them :) Preferably farts by old farts. ;)
2015-06-29 20:47
SIDWAVE
Account closed

i been hearing so much about fart sid sounds for over 10 years by soren, but i dont remember that any of these farty tunes are ever released ? :)

strikkespillet is very old and impossible to play, maybe a new impossible game... stop the fart! gameplay: a sleeping hall at a C64 party filled with drunken sleeping elite people, and then the rooom is filled with deadly farts as the night progress. if you dont clean up the gas during the night, the result is catastrope! next day, all the elite will go into group-bathing!

all this, ofcourse made with VETO+Mirage+Joe+Yazoo graphics and mp3 codec sounds in C64 BluRay quality, with music by Rihanna, who donate a special song for SID, that soren put into his BULLSID editor!
2015-06-29 20:47
Mr. SID

Yeah, like this one: Old Farts on a Couch
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Trurl/Extend
Menace/Spaceballs
Malmix/Fatzone
Scorpion/Contex / Ar..
Flavioweb/🇮🇹HF..
fieserWolF/Abyss-Con..