Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Top list for added screen shots?
2005-09-25 12:41
tlr

Top list for added screen shots?

First of all, I respect that not everybody wants to take the time to add screenshots.
Personally I think it's nice to have them, even for text-tools and similar. I guess I'm a visual kind of person. :)
Anyway, to motivate people that are adding screenshots, could we have a top list of which people added the most screenshots on the statistics page?

... 25 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2005-09-26 18:20
tlr

Quote: Like I said, somebody could send me the files, I would add them :)

Adding screenshot from the web interface is efficient, doing it by email is a pain. Thanks, but I haven't got the time.
2005-09-26 18:22
Nafcom

Quote: Adding screenshot from the web interface is efficient, doing it by email is a pain. Thanks, but I haven't got the time.

if it's only a couple and not 100, I do not see what the problem is :)
just id 28737373 = 37373.png or something :) better than crying
2005-09-26 18:59
tlr

Quote: if it's only a couple and not 100, I do not see what the problem is :)
just id 28737373 = 37373.png or something :) better than crying

Ok, we'll wipe our floods of tears and start mailing you.
2005-09-27 01:32
Nafcom

Quote: I think releases like that are mostly additions from beyond the birth of time, where CSDb only supported one screenshot size

That must be the reason why many recent releases still have crappy screenshots like latest Vandalism, right? ;) When did you support screenshot zooming, September, 2005? :D
Oh come on...
2005-09-27 06:06
hollowman

Quote: Exactly. Incomplete entries or entries with invalid information would raise in CSDb? :(

do you think that pouet with its run for points has a bigger problem than csdb with incomplete entries, missing download links and such ?
2005-09-27 11:17
Nafcom

Quote: do you think that pouet with its run for points has a bigger problem than csdb with incomplete entries, missing download links and such ?

I just said, I fear it could happen. That's all I said.

I am no Pouet.net freak.
2005-10-02 02:02
Dishy

Hey

Well, some years ago - when I was studying economics, I didn´t like statistics, so I dropped out ;-) Anyway, but here at CSDb I think the statistics under Fun Stuff is quite funny, so like TLR, Sledge, Zyron etc. I also think that the points in here is nice, and hopefully they´re not only funny, but can also motivate a little, so even more people start too add a little more in here to this database. Some people in here only adds information etc. for their own group(s), but if these points in here could just motivate a few also to care and add information about other old groups/persons/releases from the past, then I think, there are many benefits with the points.. So they should not be removed!

I started a topic called “The Historie Of C64-Scene - A Never Ending Story!” back in early 2004 (link: The Historie Of C64-Scene - A Never Ending Story! ), but I got no response at all. What I wanted back then , was to divide / split up some of the statistics, so the uploaders of wares didn´t get points at the same place as the normal active submitters, who didn´t upload anything, but were (only) submitting information.. Back then I didn´t think, that it shoud be mixed, as some people were just uploading wares without thinking about adding all old groups, sceners etc… Anyway, that´s probably not a problem anymore, as I guess most groups/persons have already been added to CSDd by now.

Hmm, all in all eeehh, I guess what I´m trying to say here in the middle of the night, is that I wouldn´t mind if there were even more statistics, and I find them funny and good. Points for screenshots would also be nice, I think, but I don´t really care that much about this one. And of course I don´t add information in here because of the points. As writing in “The Historie Of C64-Scene - A Never Ending Story!” back then, I had not even discovered "Misc. Statistics” in here before, I had added lots of groups and persons to CSDb. I added all the information because of the history – and not the points at all! BUT!!! I do remember, that I thought it was a great idea, when I finally discovered it, because I knew, I would keep on helping getting CSDb better and better, and then I actually liked, that there was this point system..! ;-)

I do see the problem, that HCL refers to, about stupid persons that starts to add empty entries, but as far as I know, that´s not a big problem in here, and I don´t think, it would become a problem. They´re just making a fool of oneself by doing that.. And you know, today you can even see, who´s the creater of the information!

I´ve also used lots of time (and still do) correcting information here at CSDb at already added information, which are wrong or missing lots of details. I still find lots of releases, groups, persons where there are missing a hell lot of stuff. When correcting this you also don´t get any points at all, but - maybe - some points here, would actually help motivation people to help correcting all these things??? I don´t know… Also this would make the new “TIMELINE” (link: http://noname.c64.org/csdb/forums/?roomid=8&topicid=18000&showa..) (which I like) much much better. There would be a much better overview at this “Timeline”, if people tried to clear up, some of all the missing information. If you´re not sure about, when a person left a group, or when a release was actually released, then try to ask at CSDb or search for information in old mags, notes etc. (that´s what I´ve done, but it takes a hell lot of my time, and of course it´s not everybody, who wants to use (ehh, is crazy enough to use ;-), that much time in checking up old information in mags and notes, which is about 11-15 years old, *LOL* ------> ^^ ^^ But it IS a chance of getting a much better overview… (But it takes time!!)

Off to sleep!! A way too tired to write all this!

Regards, Dishy

*****Once A Scener - Always A Scener*****
2005-10-12 14:59
Nafcom

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/viewpic.php?id=21495&zoom=1

this is an example that some people cannot do screenhots still, uploaded in tiny size, thenby click zoomed into crappy blocks.
and it's a recent entry! And many entries have blocky screenshots like this

Many people don't listen :(
2005-10-12 15:50
tlr

Quote: http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/viewpic.php?id=21495&zoom=1

this is an example that some people cannot do screenhots still, uploaded in tiny size, thenby click zoomed into crappy blocks.
and it's a recent entry! And many entries have blocky screenshots like this

Many people don't listen :(

It is not tiny in size. It is blocky because it is a gif of an emulated TV-screen. The number of colors in this gif is not enough so it has to dither. Never use gifs, use pngs.
2005-10-12 17:08
Nafcom

Quote: It is not tiny in size. It is blocky because it is a gif of an emulated TV-screen. The number of colors in this gif is not enough so it has to dither. Never use gifs, use pngs.

Oh, ok then! But then my hint: He could use local colour palette instead of global one. I do that for the SWO screenshots since a couple of issues, and it works :)
I still think they look kinda blocky at the linked example, hmm. So sorry for assuming incorrectly first, if so.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Matt
Front Designs
Hagar/The Supply Team
Jammer
Dymo/G★P
Mibri/ATL^MSL^PRX