Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Careful with your email addresses
2005-02-08 23:11
Death Demon
Account closed

Careful with your email addresses

I've been poking around the nostalgia sites recently popping my email address up hoping to get in touch with old friends from the scene. Instead, old jealousy has found a way of poking it's ugly head out. I can't believe that jealousy like this still exists after, what, 20 years now?

Quote:

raster boy lives again.... total lack of imagination raster boiiiiiiiiii

Only one person who ever refered to me as that. In fact, he has a web page up right now that refers to me as that. Man, can't believe some people can't let go. Hmm, actually it looks like he's updated it in the last few days. Luckily, Google still has it around. If you're interested, do a google search for +"wanderer" +"the survivors" +"raster boy"

Wanderer Commodore 64 c64 NTSC intro demo fbr pe the survivors ...
... I ripped anything after my beginning months in The Survivors. ... a member of FBR who
I call raster boy (DxxxxDxxxx ... did you change your name from Satan to Wanderer? ...
www.ontarioghosttowns.com/c64/c64.html - 84k - Cached - Similar pages

In any event, as I stated, please be careful. It appears that some people out there are still bent out of shape over scene related issues.

... 77 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2005-02-09 21:29
The Arrogance

Come on DD, it's still fun to see people raising their voices in non-important (from todays point of view.. definitely), but delicate and amusing discussions with their so-called best friends from the past.. therefore i cannot see the need for a warning, some people will never change, but revive old rotten stories about this and that whenever they feel like doing so.. just go check these Forums, they're filled with people flaming eachother. Some poeple didn't like eachother back then, so why should they like eachother nowadays ?! Well, of course, mailbombing and stuff like that does not really lead to the assumption that all of us grew up after all! ;) Whatever, just relax and don't take these things too serious...

L8er.
2005-02-09 22:08
Wanderer
Account closed

You cannot see the need for a warning? lol... I'm ever so curious what the poor guy is threatening, but he's been blocked since his second reply. As much as I'd like to unblock and read it, I did say I have a zero tolerance for drama (making personal issues public) so he stays blocked.

And that's all I'm contributing to this thread.
2005-02-09 23:10
The Arrogance

@ Wanderer

Regarding my last post.. what I wrote is meant to be related to the behaviour of the people in general, not about you personally, whatever you did, maybe did or didn't do at all! ;)

About DD's warning, well, it's just saying, that certain occurances should serve as a warning to make people aware of still being careful.

L8er.
2005-02-09 23:55
Death Demon
Account closed

Arrogance : Heh, yeah, I can imagine the flamewars get fun. But back in the day, things used to go to a whole new level. People had credit cards taken, phones disconnected, and a couple people even got turned in for phreaking. Things can get serious.
2005-02-10 00:37
The Arrogance

True, things can get serious.. and there you got me, just because i did not at all take anything you said above into consideration. Why ?! Easy as that, coz' all you said was never part of the european-scene-behaviour. Of coz' there also were a few Traitors and Backstabbers, but they were the minority and usually didn't get away with it anyway. You guys really had a strange scene in the U.S., a scene where Brothers in Piracy were dealing with eachother in such a poor way. Probably not only that way, but apparently neverthless very regularly.
2005-02-10 01:15
Death Demon
Account closed

Yup, the American scene was a bit odd that way. You europeans had your wars too, but it pretty much kept itself to scroll text. My group had our two chief importers turned in. At least, we're pretty sure they got turned in. We thought we knew who did it too, but I don't really remember. I never really did anything that would get me in trouble though. Coder and all. So no worries. But that vindictiveness is always in the back of my mind. I did get into a situation where someone prank called me pretty much 24/7. Made my home phone unusable. That was a joy.
2005-02-10 09:27
Crossfire
Account closed

Oh yeah, constant daily prank calls...a whole lot of fun, had that done to me a few times (meaning, MANY times by a few people...)...no need to start the hassle up again in there, though - since the guilty ones are also present! (They, HOWEVER, grew up and I'm on a friendly basis with them now, haha)
2005-02-10 09:47
TDJ

I remember when I just started out in the scene, releasing my first little demos etcetera .. I got a call by some guy from Finland who saw my work and was pretty excited about it, and I was very proud to get that call. Only later it turned out that it wasn't a foreigner but a local dude who was set it up it by the guys in WWE (I wasn't a member yet) :(

The irony though is that that guy was a member of TLS, a much more famous group than the group he used for his prank ;Z
2005-02-10 10:33
H.O
Account closed

I had a few prank calls, but not that many. One of them are mentioned in one of my scroll texts (someone pretending to be from Fairlight, which bugged me quite a bit since I always held Fairlight and Triad in high regard) but none to bad.

I've had worse calls because of my political activities -- and because my name similarity to someone with the opposite political views of mine.

In any way, those kind of phonecalls are never fun but there are different shades of grey.

What I could never understand is people turning other people on the scene in to authorities.
2005-02-10 18:28
The Arrogance

Anyone outthere who never made a prank-call himself ?!
Well, this was part of the scene, making fun out of people you didn't like.. and compared to the customs in the U.S., a prank-call is the most harmless of all those evil things people could have done to you.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
HBH.ZTH/Abnormal
cobbpg
eryngi
Guests online: 123
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)