Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > How low one can get #2
2006-03-11 16:32
Oswald

How low one can get #2

Making money by stepping on the ppls back that made demos for free, for the scene ?

http://home.ngi.de/digitalmemories/buy.html

if you charge no more than DVD and postal costs I take my words back. Otherwise.....

... 75 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2006-03-16 13:47
Oswald

just two questions,

- is the dvd downloadable for free ?
- why not ? they want to make money out of it ?
2006-03-16 13:53
Steppe

It's 7 Euros including shipping, please don't make such a fuzz around it. I've ordered one, lame as I am, and got order number #71. With all the work invested into mastering the DVD and production costs there's probably 1-2 Euros overhead from every sold DVD. Just enough for a few warm meals at the neighbourhood restaurant.
2006-03-16 13:58
Style

My god, what a lot of fuss over nothing.

The hypocrisy is palpable.
2006-03-16 14:15
Nemezis
Account closed

Order number #71 from them or from one of MANY other shops selling this DVD ? This DVD in now available in e-shops in .DE, .UK, .AT, also on Amazon.de . I believe this DVD 'll no be released to download, as it's strictly commercial and is copyrighted.
2006-03-16 14:35
cba

Quote: Let the police raid him? Jesus .. Let the police raid all the owners of c64 ftp sites as well then, I'm pretty sure there are a few commercial games on those that shouldn't be there.

Guys please .. don't be bastards. Nobody loses money here, nobody makes money. The world keeps turning.

FTP ? what's that

I deny everything !

:)

Niels

2006-03-16 14:38
chatGPZ

Quote:

I believe this DVD 'll no be released to download, as it's strictly commercial and is copyrighted.

everything that is created is copyrighted, unless stated otherwise :)
2006-03-16 16:18
Nemezis
Account closed

But noone register a game crack to get ISBN and copyright ;) And this DVD is nothing else but stolen art with linked intro+subtitles.
2006-03-16 16:59
Optimus

>- is the dvd downloadable for free ?
>- why not ? they want to make money out of it ?

That's a good point, yet I'd like to write my thoughts below:

Even MindCandyDVD is a commercial product that is not allowed to be pirated. Yet, I really know that the authors behind it are dedicated sceners (The guys from Hornet archive). I don't think they were purely going for the money. I guess that in order to produce a DVD package with a nice booklet, they had to go commercial. Perhaps they could still have the DVD data downloadable for those who just care to burn it in a DVD, and only the people who would be interested for the cool looking commercial package would have to pay for it. But since they made a commercial agreement, I guess that's a problem..
2006-03-17 08:32
Roland
Account closed

Hiho,
some word from my side :)

If somebody is doing an upload of the DVD, we (the makers of the DVD) won't say anything against that. feel free to do that!!! and everybody can download it for free! and if you like it, feel free to buy it and you'll get more than just the pure data (box,cover,booklet,nice labeled and professional pressed dvd ... no selveburned shit).

about the copyright.
ok, probably it was a mistake not to ask all the authors, but I have always seen my demostuff as public domain, and also the demos by others! (but it seems like others don't have the same opinion about that...their good right). I never complained about seening my work on other cds (e.g. the high-voltage cd by bod/talent or the fairlight-cd ...both were sold, too). and I think most of the scene dudes never cared much about a game copyright... so they should think the same way about there work. and as long as the authors don't loose money by it... what's the point?

And don't think we get those 7 out of 10 euro. hahaha..would be nice. but that's not how business goes. the retailers won't take it for more than 5 euro. the german organisation GEMA (collects money for the musicians) takes also a lot of money, and you cannot produce a dvd without permission by gema (in germany). then the production also costs a lot... so.. if I get 50 cent for each SOLD (not produced) dvd, I am a happy man! (and that's for sure not much compaired to the hours/days/weeks I spent on this dvd.... but who cares... I spent even more time on doing demos... also just for fun)

But of course we can learn by this!
WE WILL TRY to ask all (well, all is for sure not possible if you think on all musicians/gfxer/texter) authors of the demo for the 2nd DVD.

And I am not a guy gets pissed by some negativ posts.
I will also ask OSWALD for permission to use his (and his groupmates) work. And I say SORRY to all we didn't ask for the first one and were angry about that.

So, if you see the DVD, I hope you'll like it and think different...
2006-03-17 09:03
Oswald

Case closed,

I hereby take back all my negative words.

Thanks Roland.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Mike
Majikeyric
Youth
Guests online: 132
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)