Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Active Sceners
2002-03-11 22:32
The Overkiller
Account closed

Active Sceners

Hi there,

I'm preparing a list of all active Sceners for the next issue of the mag Scene World. If you want to be in, just contact me via e-mail.

Regardz
The Overkiller / Hokuto Force
hokutoforce@telemail.it

... 45 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2002-04-20 21:28
TDJ

I used to compile such lists for the Driven magazine. All I know is that they give a false sense of scene-activity.

The real activity of the scene can be read by the products released, not by the number of people claiming to be working on something.

But hey, who am I to stop fooling yourself? :)
2002-04-20 22:47
CreaMD

Quote: I used to compile such lists for the Driven magazine. All I know is that they give a false sense of scene-activity.

The real activity of the scene can be read by the products released, not by the number of people claiming to be working on something.

Or as some wise dude said...

Don't talk... Kiss.
2002-04-21 21:15
The Overkiller
Account closed

I don't really understand all this "scandal" about the list.... If you don't find it interesting just ignore it, but are all of you 100% sure that it doesn't might interest to someone ??? C'mon , be sincere !!!!

The Overkiller/HF/P.o.L
2002-04-21 23:21
Matt

Hehe,
that reminds me of a project I did over ten years ago.
I wanted to collect a list of all active sceners. I gave up the hunt, but at some point, the counter reached more than 2500 (!) active sceners!
Boy, those were the days!
Well, enough of that nostalgic crap. I'm really pleased to see there's still plenty of interest for that dusty old computer we all adore, ain't that fantastic?

Good luck on the project mate, keep us informed will ya?
2002-04-22 06:08
Stryyker

Well, I had issue with it's not you chasing but you waiting for everyone. Not everyone will check this. The other issue is the term active. Am I active because I say I am? Am I active because I am participating in this discussion?
2002-04-22 06:34
Puterman
Account closed

A good news section in Scene World would be much better than a list of active sceners. Or an improved charset. Or charts where you've sorted out the people who haven't done anything in 5 years or more.
2002-04-22 08:25
zyruz
Account closed

Quote: I used to compile such lists for the Driven magazine. All I know is that they give a false sense of scene-activity.

...there's nothing more to say!
2002-04-22 22:37
The Overkiller
Account closed

Quote: Hehe,
that reminds me of a project I did over ten years ago.
I wanted to collect a list of all active sceners. I gave up the hunt, but at some point, the counter reached more than 2500 (!) active sceners!
Boy, those were the days!
Well, enough of that nostalgic crap. I'm really pleased to see there's still plenty of interest for that dusty old computer we all adore, ain't that fantastic?

Good luck on the project mate, keep us informed will ya?

I'm still receiving a lot of entries, so you can find a very huge list on the #4 issue of Scene World, 'cos the issue 3 is near to be closed and ready to go out for the masses.

The Overkiller
2002-04-22 22:41
The Overkiller
Account closed

Quote: Well, I had issue with it's not you chasing but you waiting for everyone. Not everyone will check this. The other issue is the term active. Am I active because I say I am? Am I active because I am participating in this discussion?

Of course I can't find ALL the active sceners, that's impossible, so I choose this way to operate and if it ain't the best one , who care? Nobody is perfect....

-Am I active because I say I am? Am I active because I am participating in this discussion?
Judge by yourself !!!!!

The Overkiller
2002-04-22 22:45
The Overkiller
Account closed

Quote: A good news section in Scene World would be much better than a list of active sceners. Or an improved charset. Or charts where you've sorted out the people who haven't done anything in 5 years or more.

Ok, but you gotta talk to Nafcom about that, I ain't the organizer of SWO!!!

The Overkiller
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Menace/Spaceballs
DanPhillips
Dymo/G★P
Mason/Unicess
Guests online: 84
Top Demos