Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Cheating at Breakpoint 2007?
2007-04-11 18:00
Scout

Cheating at Breakpoint 2007?

For the people who don't read pouet.net (http://www.pouet.net/topic.php?which=3968):

Although Sonic seems to be surprised by this re-release of his tune which you can read in the comments of <release id="48061">.

I hope this (and I guess it is) is based on some misunderstanding.

... 1 post hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-04-11 18:13
Scout

Quote: wait til scamp finds about the old re-released effects in the smash demo...

Heh, indeed...and what about that blatant copy of a amiga demo?

Anyways, some big words were used in that post by scamp (main? organizer of BP)
2007-04-11 18:46
Dane
Account closed

Noone's ever gonna be a millionaire from their earnings in c64-compos, that's for sure.

But competing with previously released material is the kind of thing that, I think, without an apology or something to justify it, should get Sonic or AEG automatically disqualified from future competitions.

Just my 8 bits.
2007-04-11 18:58
CreaMD

Quote: Noone's ever gonna be a millionaire from their earnings in c64-compos, that's for sure.

But competing with previously released material is the kind of thing that, I think, without an apology or something to justify it, should get Sonic or AEG automatically disqualified from future competitions.

Just my 8 bits.

According to post by Sonic it seems that responsibility lies on AEG's shoulders.
--------------------
UPDATE (SCAMP's REACTION):

After we've checked the partymeister logs, I've got to apologize to AEG. He only picked up the prize at the ceremony and didn't know about the cheating.

The person who's done the cheating and submitted the entry is FZool/Smash Designs. Fuckings to him instead ;)

AEG will return the prize so we can give it to the real #3, ilmarque/wamma.
added on the 2007-04-11 by scamp

2007-04-11 20:44
Conrad

Maybe FZool didn't know that the tune was originally used in Domination #16 back in 2001, although he has been a member of Smash Designs since 1998. If that's not the case, then he'll certainly need some explaining to do with AEG and Sonic.
2007-04-12 05:29
Mace

Awwww... what a shame... I bet this happened due to the amount of text you have to read to know how the BP compos work.

Lot of text?!

Yeah, from experience on other forums, I learned that most people start making interpretation errors when they have to read more than 2 lines of text ;-)

Ah, well, must be the MTV generation with its short attention span...
2007-04-12 06:08
Scout

Quote: Awwww... what a shame... I bet this happened due to the amount of text you have to read to know how the BP compos work.

Lot of text?!

Yeah, from experience on other forums, I learned that most people start making interpretation errors when they have to read more than 2 lines of text ;-)

Ah, well, must be the MTV generation with its short attention span...

Wrong bet.

It is all based on a mistake which FZool yesterday explained on irc (around the same time you were online ;-).
Sonic & FZool both thought the tune was unreleased and therefor it was submitted to the compo.
2007-04-24 12:40
BAR.
Account closed

++++ BREAKING NEWS +++

here is a statement from fantastic zool, which you could read at he forum where scout got the scandal from...
I missed it here, so i add it..

...What i did was, take a tune from sonic (where i thought it was unreleased), uploaded it over my own account (with the name FZOOL!), and also write a message over the partymeister system to bitbreaker "Horray i've got some entries for the c64 compos (something similiar)". I left after one day the party, because I (personal meaning) think it sucked. I broke the rule "competitor has to be present at the partyplace", but this is something NORMAL at c64 competitions.

Scamp still ignore my (and AEGs) words. So now YOU decide what is the truth or not. If i really would cheat the compo, i would take my laptop, different table row, different IP, different login. Easy as that. But as the c64 organizer Bitbreaker and Franky are good and wellknown friends of me i would never do something like cheating.

--------------------------------------------

Let me tell you that cheating is very easy and they did it
at many parties in the past.. Let a visitor or friend join your group and give him the product you like to see at the compo..

Insiders know what i mean..
WELLKNOWN.. THIS WORKS and sucks..

2007-04-24 12:55
jailbird

I don't get at all what's the deal with this "Competitor has to be present at the partyplace" rule, especially on a scene with few releases, where major stuff come out at parties... It's very easy to bypass and has has not too much sense IMHO.

Other than that, another rule was broken with this entry, and now read carefully: it wasn't an unreleased piece.
2007-04-24 13:03
BAR.
Account closed

Dear jailbird,

yes i know that another rule was broken.
you are right.

Cheers

2007-04-24 13:12
jailbird

Baracuda mate, I was just commenting FZool's statement. He seems to forget what's the _main_ problem with the entry - and that's certainly not the missing composer or his laptop's IP...

However, I think everyone realised till now that the whole thing wasn't intended. The guys should return the prize and that's all, in fact, most of us probably couldn't care less if they wouldn't give back anything at all.

Thirdly, as always, the time and energy dedicated to compos, discussing the results and rules could be used up for something more productive.
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
bepp/ΤRIΛD
Alakran_64
Luca/FIRE
The Human Co../Maste..
chesser/Nigaz
Mihai