Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > HVSC seeks new members
2006-01-18 17:19
SIDWAVE
Account closed

HVSC seeks new members

HVSC seeks rippers:

The HVSC Crew is searching for 1-2 active music-rippers to join.

You love SID music, and would like to help preserve and sort it.
As a part of the crew, you will rip music from old games and/or demos, and help with the construction of each new update. Among other things you have fun in contacting people you don't know by email, old composers (or people who might lead us to them) to verify their tunes with them, fix bad credits according to their intentions and get the PAL/NTSC and 6581/8580 flags from them.

Last but not least you get the chance to listen to the finished update 2 weeks before the public to spot the last
bugs we have overseen during the creation process.

HVSC seeks co-STIL admin:

We'd also appreciate a helping hand with the STIL.
If you have a good knowledge of original music, and have a small detective hidden in you, maybe this is something for you ?
We have often been surprised to find that a tune we knew for 20 years, is in fact a cover.

Will you help to find out more ?

The crew operates in a relaxed flat structure, each update is a team effort. That means we need a team player, who also can handle the occasional wacky humor that some members may display. :)

Bear in mind, the HVSC is a hobby project.
Members have family, job and obligations, but still we have so much fun, the crew is like a second family to all of us.

If you find the thought of joining the HVSC crew appealing and want to help to preserve scene history,
send an email to hvsc@c64.org.

... 13 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2006-01-22 22:41
Mermaid

mmm...fish.
2006-01-23 00:15
Nafcom

Quote: Nafcom, then you are the man to send those games to us - then we will surely rip them!

If you do the detective/selection work, I do the ripping!

I suggested this once and i was told it's too much work to rip since it's often required to play through the games to get all times, but if you are serious, I am willing to give it maybe a try :)

but I do not make promisings about when and how long it takes, etc, since I am soon short of time.
I think a list or so with the games in GB64 is enough
2006-01-23 09:35
Steppe

Thanks, Jörg, that would surely be appreciated, especially as it looks as if we get some more support in the ripping department soon. :-)

Just one thing: Concentrate on games with quality music. We're not too fond of ripping hundreds of Loadstar games with yet another five second version of "Michael Row The Boat Ashore" or "Für Elise" composed in BASIC. Hope you get the drift. ;-)
2006-01-23 10:19
chatGPZ

as a sidenote...there are some old tunes by "starfox" in hvsc, who was a member of my first group....is there a chance to find out who ripped those and where from? :)
2006-01-23 10:38
Nafcom

Quote: Thanks, Jörg, that would surely be appreciated, especially as it looks as if we get some more support in the ripping department soon. :-)

Just one thing: Concentrate on games with quality music. We're not too fond of ripping hundreds of Loadstar games with yet another five second version of "Michael Row The Boat Ashore" or "Für Elise" composed in BASIC. Hope you get the drift. ;-)

Stephan, sure, the LoadStar disks are even not available online!...
Just send me an email with details of what the HVSC Team wants, you know, I check my emails more than PMs/CSDb forum ;)
2006-01-23 10:45
Steppe

You mean this <scener id="11593">? I couldn't find any composer going by that handle in HVSC, hm... Are they wrongly credited to someone else or are they in the UNKNOWN directory?

Usually it's easy to find out who ripped the tunes, just check the .hvs files in the /DOCUMENTS directory. It's usually in the format

# from Steppe: Tune_1.sid Tune_2.sid
/update/VARIOUS/...
/VARIOUS/...

If you tell me which sids you're talking about, I can scan our email archives to eventually find out from where these tunes were ripped from.
2006-01-23 10:50
chatGPZ

yes... there are two tunes credited to "exos" which was the same dude, "acid 2" and "creepin death".
2006-01-23 11:29
Yodelking

Those tunes were ripped by Ramos.
2006-01-23 15:53
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Quote: I suggested this once and i was told it's too much work to rip since it's often required to play through the games to get all times, but if you are serious, I am willing to give it maybe a try :)

but I do not make promisings about when and how long it takes, etc, since I am soon short of time.
I think a list or so with the games in GB64 is enough

Any list will be usefull!
2006-01-23 16:19
Nafcom

Quote: Any list will be usefull!

ok, thanks for the sudden interest :)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Endurion
itsP/Nostalgia
Sentinel/Excess/TREX
fox/bonzai
Guests online: 132
Top Demos