Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > C64 - MIDI - SID???
2003-07-08 15:28
Fnord
Account closed

C64 - MIDI - SID???

hey - my name is simon and i am writing, because i have a question and need proffessional advice :-) i tripped over your email adress somewhere in the internet on my search for new informaiton. maybe i am lucky and you can help me finding some answers...

here the story:

i have a studio, set up with mostly instruments of the 80s - amongst them there is also a emu-sp12. i bought it from america and with it came a 1541 for storage. unfortunately america runs 115V and the 1541 could not be switched over to 220V (lucky the sp12 could :-). so i sold the "american" 1541 and looked for a "european" one at ebay and google. in the end i found someone who calls himself "mr.museum" (he´s a real c64 fanatic). i had a few things he needed ( some old c64-console housings i bought from conrad-elektronik many years ago ) and so we came into business quickly. for the housings he didn´t only offer me one 1541 (what i originally wanted) - no, he gave me two1541s + a c64II + geos and a few other progs + all the cables......

once recieved i got adicted :-) now i am using star-commander all day long and playing LCP constantly - learning to make sam-reciter speak etc. you know i like to use toys in my music - i already use a gameboy, speak&spell, stylophone, casio SK1 / PT50 / VL-tone and so on.

so for me, the c64-sid-chip is the next logical step :-)

i am looking for a C64 program which meets my needs in terms of midi capabilities. partly i found the functions i want but never combined into one program. there are several ideas i have and i am sure there will be a solution to one at least.

the idea is, that i want to integrate my C64 (or rather more the sid-chip) into the midi-environment in my studio. you might help me in finding the right program for me. i have already checked many many progs, but i never found exactly what i want.

-----------------------------------
1. - the first idea is a program which will let me play the sid chip via midi and edit the parameters with a graphical interface within the C64-program. i have found one called "midi-slave" but it has numeric input, which i find very uncreative.

i´d like one with graphical faders, knobs and sliders like the program called "digital recording studio" - this one is very cool in editing - but didn´t seem like having midi-capabilities...

2. - then there is a program called M64 which is cool. maybe someone has already programed it and can tell me how to do it best... also i would like to control it by a cubase mixer-map instead of a keyboard - does anyone already have one for me?????

3. - the coolest idea and maybe the best would be a simple tracker/loop program, which will sync to a trigger or midi-klick source. then it would be possible to use all three channels of the sid and sync them with the rest of my midi-equipment.

well, maybe you have a suggestion - i don´t want to buy a "sid-station" , "quadra-sid" or "hard-sid" - i want the original C64 to do the job...!!!

it would be very cool of you to help out - tell me about your experiences and programs i could try.

if you can´t help, maybe you could pass this mail on to someone you know.

thanx in advance, best regards - simon

if you have some info, please write to simonabsent@gmx.de

RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Icecube/Light
Alakran_64
t0m3000/ibex-crew
WVL/Xenon
mutetus/Ald ^ Ons
csio/monarchy c+4