Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Nicron ! (Registered 2024-05-21) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !
2004-01-03 01:05
Secret Man / The real Elite
Account closed

Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !

I have some time and i decided to make a book with ugly people.So take a look in your collections and send fat Pictures of Count Kilo to me.

Thanx in advance

Secret Man

... 322 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-01-20 11:09
TDJ

Westbam: nope, haven't ever visited those. But have you ever made demos together with people like Jeroen Tel, Mirage, Hein, Bagder, Cycleburner, Metal & Sander? Probably not (well, maybe Mirage as he was also in Legend) .. Because you're not a demo-scener just as I'm not part of the cracking scene, so why would I ever visit those boards? But the people I mentioned are elite too .. just a different kind of elite, and I doubt any of them would come here and constantly scream YOU WEREN'T AROUND IN 1989 SO YOU MEAN NOTHING!! as certain people seem to do here.

I never cared for boards & conferences, I remember Paco calling me several times, trying to get me on a conference and me denying his offer because I was too busy working on a new demo. If I only knew that if I had accepted I could have been considered ELITE by you guys .. damn .. I was on several pc/amiga boards in the mid 90's though, does that count? Focus even had a whq, does that count?

So I repeat my statement: true elite doesn't act like they are. And maybe my definition of elite differs from yours, but that doesn't make my statement less true. I don't mind a good rag-war, God knows I've had my share of those as well on Spankerz Heaven, but there's a difference between that and just being a prick. And no, I'm not talking about you here, but keep mentioning dead groups and you may get there :)

I've been around for as long as you guys (since '87), I'm still 'active' and I think I've accomplished just as much as you guys did, albeit in a different part of the scene. So please remember that before you go all high & mighty on my ass, okay?
2004-01-20 13:05
Westbam
Account closed

@The Dark Judge:

Of course these people are elite too. And, I know I keep repeating myself, I declared several times on here that it won´t make a difference when you were/are active on the C64, it´s the contribution you did to the community & machine that counts. There ain´t too ways of being elite. The difference between demo & cracking scene weren´t that far by the way. Cracking group´s aim was it to get the game out first. Demo group´s aim was it to be the first to have some routine or routine combinations running... To be honest this concludes into the same goal one way or another, doesn´t it?

Furthermore, the C64 scene around the end 80´s / beginning 90´s was based upon the BBS scene. Demo groups had Hq´s too, which might surprise you. Demos from Horizon, Blackmail, Beyond Force etc. etc. have been uploaded and spread through BBS´s aswell so it is obvious that the BBS´s were a big part of the scene back then.. But that´s another case, I´m drifting away, sorry.

What made me replying towards you on that case was that your statements are simply not true (according to Burglar for example). I am sure you could give me plenty of stories about the Demo scene and how great some people were and behaved, I´d listen to it and take it for granted. Why? Because I don´t know it any better. And that´s the point, I stick to things I know. Apart from these things I am always interested in hearing other point of views, so you are more than welcome to tell your stories. But in case you come up with info that is false, you must accept critsism aswell as much as I do...

Ok, back to the flame topic. I would totally agree to your point of view concerning flame wars if this forum would be a total mess and war ground. But as far as I noticed these flames exist in less than 2% of the topics overall. I don´t think this will crumble your world, does it? So in case you consider our statements a bit harsh, just skip it. That´s what I do when it comes to programming discussions as I´m not really interested in this anymore either as I got more than enough trouble with todays systems...

So vise versa, if you consider me dropping as a so-called "elite" to the scene by mentioning old groups, I cannot consider you an elite either for stating wrong facts.... <- Now that was an interesting sentence...NOT!

And I don´t think that people rag on each other don´t behave elite. This was a simply a part of the entire C64 history. If people act/acted different, they´re welcome aswell. The only people I disqualify from being elite are losers like Secret Man that don´t/didn´t do anythingand don´t have the slightest clue of what they talk...

And no, being on a certain board on a certain system doesn´t count at all, I´ve been on plenty of these boards aswell but it sure gives me the opportunity to judge the happenings as I have been part of it...

And, you are not among them (the losers I mean)!

Yours sincere, Westbam.
2004-01-20 13:44
TDJ

@Westbam: glad to see it's possible to be able to disagree without running the risk of another rag-war. Because to be honest, those days are behind me, guess I really became too old for them ..

Anyway, a few points, as I actually agree with a lot you said:

1. I've got nothing against people being proud of what they did. Hell, I'm probably one of the most arrogant bastards that ever walked around in the c64 scene and it hasn't made me many friends. Just ask around, you'll find out that old Tdj isn't the most popular scener :) Lots of other demosceners were big-headed too, remember Solomon/Beyond Force? Or Omega Supreme? Man these guys could brag! And they had the right to do so. Still I don't think that being elite automatically means that you've got the right to look down on people who weren't around when things really mattered (well, as much as they could for a subculture as the c64 scene). Which is exactly what Radar does: slagging on CreaMD while the last one in fact might have a bigger impact on the c64 scene history because of his www.c64.sk work. And yes, I mean that ..

2. Ofcourse I know about demo groups having hq's, it just was never 'my thing'. Hell, I even used calling cards in '88, building up friendships with American sceners such as Thinker/TWG. But like I said, I concentrated on making demos and sometimes organizing parties. That was my choice, and I don't think I'm any less of a scener because of it. But I doubt you feel that way too, so let's drop that.

3. I've got nothing against a good flame-war like I said but things here got out of hand. Three different threads, all quickly degrading into "I make more money than you". C'mon .. Ofcourse there were some nice posts too (you had me chuckling on several occasions and even Secret Man took a good shot in there somewhere). But it got to a point when, yes, there was a chance that it would spill into something more dangerous: the deleting of data here. CSDB is an open database, meaning everybody can change everything, unless it is locked. This is both its strength and its weakness: one idiot can ruin the work of many others if he wants too. And all I did was ask if you (well, Anthrax) could keep that in mind, especially because that one idiot was present.

4. I'm not too fond of people trying to make a point by listing names, I think it's weak. Most of us here can play that game, but what really matters is what a person himself did, and how he acts now. That's why I was a bit dissapointed by your previous post. But your past and your last post earn you my respect. Not that you should care but still ..

So to make a long story short (..): being elite doesn't mean you can't rag, but in my opinion it also doesn't mean you can just rag on anybody who disagrees with you and didn't have the luck we had of being part of the 'real' scene. Because yes, I do feel that the scene in 1988/1989 was much better than today's, but that's not the fault of the current sceners, is it?
2004-01-21 07:01
Fungus

TDJ: Absolutely! I have ever so much respect for Crossbow, when I first entered the scene and started talking demo routines, he took an interest in me sort of. I am glad he did, and my respect for him grew even more so. I also learned alot from him, and consider Roland a very good friend of mine. That's just my story tho...

Some how I feel the same of You, Metal Maniac, Zyron, GRG , Graham and GHD!

Westbam: I hate to correct you, but SOME groups wanted to make the first release all times, others were concerned with making the best versions. There is a rather large distinction for me between the BOARD scene and the MAIL scene... I like it all myself. And, being in active groups at the end of 64dom , I dont consider myself in the same league as you all. But I had some fun, and it's was nice to get a firstie now and then.

But as you know, now I concentrate on Nostalgia, and you probly dont care for the rereleases of games, but check our Firstie, Double Dragon Cart Fix (C) 1991 Ocean, I'm afriad you DIDN'T crack EVERY ocean cart ;)))

As for fixing, I would like some opinions on the hard work Sorex , 6r6 and I put into Phobia 100% fix. Which I beleive is the only 100% working, and also Only NTSC fixed version of this game.

find both games here, http://nostalgia.c64.org

If you have a list of unfixed games anyone, I would also like this, and consider it a challege!!!

Radar: True it is only my opinion, and I only talked with them twice, and it was maybe at the expense of a lamer named WaD... hehhee We had fun with him. But still, I had alot more interesting conversations with other ppl over the years.

Fungus of Nostalgia!!

(NOT ONSLAUGHT!!) (I changed this, wtf??)

2004-01-21 09:10
midfit
Account closed

My two cents: Actually I don't like to measure people with terms like ELITE, NEWSKOOL, OLDSKOOL - whatever. In detail I am just trying to put people for myself into a line. Like deciding if they're good according to their skills or if they have the proper social competence. And without any doubt - I've been working together with Fungus and he is infact very skilled. So Fungus. Forgive me, but the line is not "about the league where are you seeing yourself". Without any doubt Fungus is a person I would like to have into my group. Where I personally draw a very hard line is between demo and crack, as actually these parts of the scene have nothing common. The only thing they got common is the origin. While I also think that most from the demo scene have forgotten their origin. It were the cracking groups who got it going. And whenever I see nasty comments by people in the demo scene @ pouet.net about what I consider to be cracking scene I can only shake my head in disagreement. I also measure if somebody is able to jump upon other platforms, in general if he has the skills to handle MORE than just one platform. Yeah indeed, it is a masterpiece to know one platform very good.. But after all it ís even better if somebody can handle two or even three platforms. A good cracker is the person who can do everything - anytime - everywhere.. He shouldn't ask if he is doing stuff on some 8/16/32 bits system. I won't name anybody here, but there have been a lot of C64 people who could actually meet this standard. Not to forget it.. Quite some people from the Amiga/Atari ST aswell (Maybe even more people as from the C64!). And I am happy that I had the opportunity to work with some of them.
2004-01-21 09:18
Westbam
Account closed

@Fungus:

Actually there was also a cartridge named The Last Ninja Remix if I remmeber correctly. We did not relase that one aswell as the only difference to the original game were some pictures and musics so we only linked these things together and releaesed them called "The Last Ninja Collection" or something like that. I am not aware of this Double Dragon Cartridge right by heart I have to admit. I need to get into my collection for remembering some story about this game...

For the NTSC fix aspect, I think our releases of Robocop III, Mc Donald Land and Hokk never got fixed as far as I remember. If you want, I can e-mail you these wares, no problem...

About the last point, I think all groups were eager to have the best version from a game out besides having the first release on that. In this case I´d like to remind you of our releases like Shadow Of The Beast v2 (by Antitrack), Cyberball v2 (by Antitrack), Moonfall +4 (by myself), Cyberboid 2 v2 +12 (by Powerplant), Sonic Boom v2 +4 (by Powerplant) or B-Bobs +2 (by Antitrack). We did many games twice because of this reason. Most of these games will be downloadable on our forthcoming homepage...

@The Dark Judge:

Of course we can have a decent conversation without getting into a flame war. We´re both grown up I guess. Apart from that, I do honour your guys work on this database aswell. I do also want to contribute to this work with my knowledge about the past scene to this database but due to unknown reasons nobody of the maintaining people do answer my messages I sent them regarding to wrong info on several groups (e.g. North East Importers) which is kind of sad...

Oh, I almost forgot, I do not consider this a good flame war either whatsoever as I don´t really consider Secret Man and the like a challenge whatsoever but on the other hand, I don´t feel like letting him get away for nothing pulling all these lies and false informations...

Westbam / Legend
2004-01-21 10:36
CreaMD

Quote: @Fungus:

Actually there was also a cartridge named The Last Ninja Remix if I remmeber correctly. We did not relase that one aswell as the only difference to the original game were some pictures and musics so we only linked these things together and releaesed them called "The Last Ninja Collection" or something like that. I am not aware of this Double Dragon Cartridge right by heart I have to admit. I need to get into my collection for remembering some story about this game...

For the NTSC fix aspect, I think our releases of Robocop III, Mc Donald Land and Hokk never got fixed as far as I remember. If you want, I can e-mail you these wares, no problem...

About the last point, I think all groups were eager to have the best version from a game out besides having the first release on that. In this case I´d like to remind you of our releases like Shadow Of The Beast v2 (by Antitrack), Cyberball v2 (by Antitrack), Moonfall +4 (by myself), Cyberboid 2 v2 +12 (by Powerplant), Sonic Boom v2 +4 (by Powerplant) or B-Bobs +2 (by Antitrack). We did many games twice because of this reason. Most of these games will be downloadable on our forthcoming homepage...

@The Dark Judge:

Of course we can have a decent conversation without getting into a flame war. We´re both grown up I guess. Apart from that, I do honour your guys work on this database aswell. I do also want to contribute to this work with my knowledge about the past scene to this database but due to unknown reasons nobody of the maintaining people do answer my messages I sent them regarding to wrong info on several groups (e.g. North East Importers) which is kind of sad...

Oh, I almost forgot, I do not consider this a good flame war either whatsoever as I don´t really consider Secret Man and the like a challenge whatsoever but on the other hand, I don´t feel like letting him get away for nothing pulling all these lies and false informations...

Westbam / Legend

I was also contacting Perff lately. I don't know about Kilroy, but Perff had final exam last week and I'm sure he was busy befor that exam too, so that might be the problem why he is silent right now. Also, keep in mind that this database is open so if you find any incorrect info about anything edit/correct that yourself and then send PM to maintainers about your changes and reasons for them. Some entries are locked, but usually only those where the person related to the entry is still around and maintaining it.

Roman
2004-01-21 10:40
midfit
Account closed

As far as I know the entry of North East Importers is locked by Moloch. Sowith changes are not possible ...
2004-01-21 11:06
CreaMD

Quote: As far as I know the entry of North East Importers is locked by Moloch. Sowith changes are not possible ...

So let's contact Moloch
2004-01-21 14:02
Celtic
Administrator

Since the rest are all very busy, you could contact me too.. I might be of help..

Celtic/noname
Previous - 1 | ... | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | ... | 34 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
DivertigO
Sentinel/Excess/TREX
Guests online: 76
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 13:37  (9.7)