Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #236084 : Yes, you are all wrong
2023-10-08 20:11
mankeli

Release id #236084 : Yes, you are all wrong

But is it the "cultural marxism" what this prod refers to?

My understanding is that it's a actually an American conspiracy theory. From Wikipedia:
Quote:

The term "Cultural Marxism" refers to a far-right antisemitic conspiracy theory which misrepresents the Frankfurt School as being responsible for modern progressive movements, identity politics, and political correctness.

The conspiracy theory posits that there is an ongoing and intentional academic and intellectual effort to subvert Western society via a planned culture war that undermines the Christian values of traditionalist conservatism and seeks to replace them with culturally liberal values.

Source

... 67 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2023-11-08 21:19
Raf

Comments are closed so I just wanted to tell: Very good message in the grafix, unfortunately "political correctness" want to censor such artistic expression, provocative title is also nice trigger :)
2023-11-09 02:59
Fungus

Quoting Bitbreaker
I am sorry that you relate that to your person, that was not my intention. I wanted to refer to some scrolltext of a recent demo (and i should have made that clearer) that says:
Every day you use the c64 a pokemon dies.
I see strong opinions and attempts to define what belongs here and into demos and what not. I see drama that turns into ragequits. The daily life in demoscene, that is all i wanted to summarize. Another day, another cry.
However it shows, that the impact is stronger, the more serious we take our opinions and emphasize things and the less we can accept others being different, we narrow and limit ourselves by the fears we face. I am not into narrow minded things like ideologies, as this would have impact on my wide view, creativity and ideas. I understand, that on the other side control and simplicity gives a secure feeling for others.

Oh, some people, people I don't even know seriously hate me because of my views on these matters. Also my paranoia gets the best of me sometimes. Remember there are a lot of primadonnas and mentally ill people in various vintage computing and vintage gaming scenes.
2023-11-09 05:54
ChristopherJam

Jetan's hypocrisy would be funny if it wasn't so sad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah well. The music on this production is excellent.
2023-11-09 10:44
Cruzer

Quoting Fungus
C64 is supposed to be fun, and escapism. Leave the garbage at the door PLEASE.
This
2023-11-10 10:35
Krill

Fun and escapism for some, expressing an opinion for others.

Political, controversial, or otherwise questionable commentary - fair game.

If that is such a problem, no wonder that demos as an art form are so underdeveloped when it comes to actual art.
2023-11-10 12:35
Stone

Quoting Krill
no wonder that demos as an art form are so underdeveloped when it comes to actual art.

I'm not sure I agree with that. Since the demoscene is quite small, what we are exposed to is everything that is released and finding something that one would consider "art" can be like looking for the needle in a haystack. With "normal" art we are mostly exposed to things that are curated in some way, meaning a lot of stuff has already been filtered out whether it be by art galleries, museums, record companies, publishers etc. For me, to be considered art, the piece has to have an emotional impact and I can think of several demos which have "hit me in the chest" so to speak. These are "art" as far as I'm concerned.
2023-11-10 19:05
Adam

After using the c64 for some three decades with few breaks in between, I've
seen a lot more far out stuff than this. With me, The message of something
is the last thing that I think about. My attention is drawn to how well it's
pixelled/coded/sounds etc.

I may or may not agree with their views in whatever production, or even
understand them at times, but if a person wishes to create art about something,
whatever that topic may be, I think they should do it. If it sparks conversation
like what's happening here then that's cool too.

What I've always loved about the various computing scenes is how everyone can
have wildly different views on many different things. For me it is like a window
into another world. I can appreciate the view or close the curtain.

"C64 is supposed to be fun, and escapism." - should be made part of the banner
graphics on top of the webpage :)

anyway.. thank you for attending my TED talk.
2023-11-10 19:41
TheRyk

Quoting Raf
Comments are closed ...unfortunately "political correctness" want to censor ...

No reason for being paranoid about censorship, the comments are just the wrong place for discussing politics

right here in the forum(!) you are free to state your opinion like you did
Quote:
Very good message

No matter if majority finds it homophobiac or stupid, opinions aren't censored just because they aren't mainstream. Just be careful not to explicitly discriminate against minorities (you might even be in conflict with EU or national law then and that might be a reason for mods to censor postings, close threads etc) and watch your wording <- by which I don't mean you gotta be 'woke', just don't be a dick and don't insult anyone
2023-11-15 08:38
Raf

Quote: Quoting Raf
Comments are closed ...unfortunately "political correctness" want to censor ...

No reason for being paranoid about censorship, the comments are just the wrong place for discussing politics

right here in the forum(!) you are free to state your opinion like you did
Quote:
Very good message

No matter if majority finds it homophobiac or stupid, opinions aren't censored just because they aren't mainstream. Just be careful not to explicitly discriminate against minorities (you might even be in conflict with EU or national law then and that might be a reason for mods to censor postings, close threads etc) and watch your wording <- by which I don't mean you gotta be 'woke', just don't be a dick and don't insult anyone

I didn't actually consider why comments were closed albeit by "political correctness" I mean general direction (not CSDb censorship!) of today's world, where stuff nobody sane cares about, like < 2% minorities wanting "laws" (which doesn't mean someone is against anything/anyone!) which are *privileges* given for someone else FOR A REASON is considered to be something that you should fight for because of equity/equality bullshit and so on (yet there are many things ordinary ppl are affected every day by and should take care of).

Back in time leftists pretended fighting for poor, then when there were no more poor ppl (in Poland you can't tell nowadays on street someone is homeless by just looking at ppl) they moved toward minorities "laws" or BLM then what's next goal, laws for animal "lovers"?

if you feel insulted ASK QUESTIONS.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Bob/Censor Design
Airwolf/F4CG
mutetus/Ald ^ Ons
lA-sTYLe/Quantum
Mihai
Laddh