Registered: Nov 2011
Event id #2286 : Intro Creation Competition 2014|
After the success of last year's Intro Creation Competion, I want to continue and maybe we can even top last year.
After the big X party and while it is getting colder outside, you may have some sparetime to create something for it. ;)
Competition runs from October 28th until December 27th, 2014. So you have 2 months to deliver your creations. This should be enough for an intro.
As comment editing is still disabled, please use this thread for questions, discussion and everything else concerning this competition.
- Has to work on a plain stock C64 (PAL standard) without any extensions.
- Has to be a one-part intro. Fade-ins and fade-outs are OK.
- Has to contain at least one Logo at whatever size you like.
- Has to contain a changing or moving text message (e.g. scrolling text, different lines fading in & out, etc.)
- Has to contain music (not just a humming sound, please).
- Maximum RAM usage is $4000 bytes at one block, at whatever location you like. Screen RAM counts as used memory. Exclusions are system addresses like VIC (inkl. Color RAM), SID, CIA, Stack, Zero-page, IRQ vectors.
- Has to be interruptable any time by pressing SPACE-key (exception are fade-in and fade-out).
- Graphics, charsets and music do not need to be exclusive, but the code should be! So no reuse of existing code with just exchanged graphics and music.
- Intros may not have been used before entering the competition.
- Entries must be handed in as executable format startable with RUN (.prg or embedded in .t64 or .d64).
- Max. 3 entries per participant. Entries might be taken back from the compo until deadline. That means if you want to remove one of your works from the compo to make space for another entry from you, this can be done until deadline.
Deadline for entry submission is December 27th, 2014 at 23:59:59 (11:59:59 pm) CET.
Voting closes one week later at January 3rd, 2015 at 23:59:59 (11:59:59 pm) CET.
Voting platform is CSDb (with all disadvantages it may have), therefore entries have to be posted here.
Entries will be ranked by weighted average of CSDb votes. Entries with the same weighted average are ranked by their percentages of 10s, 9s, etc.
No prices to win, just the fame. May the best creation win.
... 87 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....
Registered: Nov 2011
Final results are on!|
Collection will come up... some time later.
Registered: May 2002
For a first time compo entry I'm pretty happy with the result :-)|
Thanks for organising, already looking forward to ICC2015.
Registered: Oct 2011
Congratulations, Hein & 4-Mat!|
Registered: Oct 2004
Also many thanks to the voters who made a rather fair ranking possible!
(quoted Didi from compopage)
Still a lot of room for improvement: max was 77 votes, min was 26 votes. Would be really cool if you'd get Richard to make one of his HTML-forms (like for Tapeloader Music Compo) for the next compo to avoid this in the future.
Anyway: great compo, great entries (from first to last), congrats to the winners! :-)
And thx to Didi for kicking us in the ass to produce sth. with his compos!
Registered: Feb 2003
what spider-j wrote. great intro competition. 10x Didi :-)|
Registered: Jul 2012
What Dr.J wrote ... Didi is a true scener, who is working hard to keep this scene alive! firstname.lastname@example.org|
Congratulation to all!
Registered: Dec 2001
What Shine wrot... never mind. =-)|
This was a bucketload of fun to both take part in and watch the other entries from, ta very much Didi and same time next year, yeah? =-)
Registered: Aug 2012
I dropped by to say 'thanks' to Didi for organizing this and ofcourse to the guys at ATL&F4 for asking my pixeling (well, PETSCIIing) hand for the graphics in their intro. |
Working on what became my first ever full feature prod on the C64 was really fun. Actually, all these remote compos are a great thing, especially for scene 'outsiders' such as myself. :)
Hope to see more of those in '15 (oh, and happy new year).
Registered: Dec 2001
Thanks for great compo. Please arrange it during October - November next year.|
Registered: Apr 2002
How about this year?|
|Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 - Next|