Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Nicron ! (Registered 2024-05-21) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Search CSDB is really unfriendly :(
2015-12-02 14:42
Dr.j

Search CSDB is really unfriendly :(

Hey guyz, i am not talking about the complexity of
the search Criteria options (for Advanced) which i see it really annoying and quite unfriendly , but my advice: why you don't copy my search parameters to "Advanced" . for ex: if i search for a certain release which i don't find in my normal search (type of item+name) and than click the "Advanced" i expect the criteria will be set for my search already. why should i see all the Groups/Release/Events/users and much more Parameters if i from the begining don't search for them. its a but hard to get it. im sorry if i sound a bit harsh but also the sort of the releases is random , instead of sort with latest releases (current date and down - "Desc")

... 39 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2015-12-03 14:31
jailbird

Quoting CreaMD
Elaborate or shut the hole.

You smug moderator assholes are all acting like you own this place just because you have some imaginary, virtual extended rights or whatever you think you have. You and your admin companions still keep forgetting that this place wouldn't even exist without those who were and are producing shit on the C64. Which possibly takes a bit more effort than deleting comments or putting data from left to right.
Lazy?? What the fuck are you talking about? I love to code for web. I love to help. I love to code for free. This is what the scene or OSS is about anyway.
For years I was really interested in CSDb and the C64 scene, for a while I am just fatigued and utterly agitated and disheartened by the sheer i-dont-give-a-crap, passé, late 90's IRC, highbrow attitude which portrays this shitplace's inner circle. Take your fucking heads out of the sand and look around you for once.

Quoting iAN CooG
just give the site sources to jailbird, he will fix it in no time. sure.

Yeah, for starters, I'd fix that absurd and irritating comment editing clusterfuck. Unless it is obfuscated for some reason or written in Malbolge, what the holy fuck keeps you from patching it? It obviously aggravates the majority of the users and contributors. But no, rather just ridicule the people who care.

Quoting CreaMD
You can dig out real names, addresses, you can find out various private info and connections, a lot of stuff that was visible and was erased can be found in logs. So (in my opinion) you can't just give anybody access to raw database and code.

Boo-fucking-hoo. Like I'd care about Oswald's or your's or whoever's real name, address or some worthless connections while you and everyone puts your whole fucking life on Facebook or Twitter or Snapchat or whatever fucking social network you're using. What kind of sensitive info are you fucking talking about? Credit card datas, social security numbers, dick diameter? Come on. Sensitive data my ass.

Fuck you all.
2015-12-03 14:33
chatGPZ

my condolences
2015-12-03 14:42
jailbird

Quoting Groepaz
my condolences

K. Keep berating those who tend to bring up your pompous, self-righteous attitude. Forgot that's your thing all right.
2015-12-03 14:49
CreaMD

Quote: that said, i had a look at the code. and all i can say is that should be killed with fire and rewritten, i can totally understand why perff doesnt want to patch it up even more (its a wonder it still works =P)

That's the charm of closed source single coder developed projects. And that's the point wehre modesty comes as important factor ;-) Anyway, thousand monkeys developing opensource projects usually create different kind of ugly beasts... see drupal... it became so scary that they decided to replace parts of it by symfony components ;-))))

Note: I don't use drupal.
2015-12-03 14:59
chatGPZ

Quote:
Keep berating those who tend to bring up your pompous, self-righteous attitude. Forgot that's your thing all right.

right on - as long as you keep writing your rants about how much the site sucks and you could it do all better if only someone would let you and how you are just unable to GTFO and stay away.
2015-12-03 15:03
Smasher

Quoting Poopmonster

... dick diameter? Come on. Sensitive data my ass.

mine: 64 pixels (no cheat)
2015-12-03 15:09
jailbird

Quoting Groepaz
Quote:
Keep berating those who tend to bring up your pompous, self-righteous attitude. Forgot that's your thing all right.

right on - as long as you keep writing your rants about how much the site sucks and you could it do all better if only someone would let you and how you are just unable to GTFO and stay away.

Yeah, because if you don't really like something you are a part of, whilst painfully trying to use and utilize it, just fuck off, right? Amazing stance, as always.
2015-12-03 15:13
chatGPZ

so you are a masochist eh? cant help then, i guess.

as someone said before, if you really want to help with the code, just start with rewriting the site. i am sure someone will help with converting the db once you are done.
2015-12-03 15:19
cba

I'm interested in helping for CSDB V2 ! Probably many others on here too. So who is willing to start this project ?
2015-12-03 15:31
CreaMD

Quote: Quoting CreaMD
Elaborate or shut the hole.

You smug moderator assholes are all acting like you own this place just because you have some imaginary, virtual extended rights or whatever you think you have. You and your admin companions still keep forgetting that this place wouldn't even exist without those who were and are producing shit on the C64. Which possibly takes a bit more effort than deleting comments or putting data from left to right.
Lazy?? What the fuck are you talking about? I love to code for web. I love to help. I love to code for free. This is what the scene or OSS is about anyway.
For years I was really interested in CSDb and the C64 scene, for a while I am just fatigued and utterly agitated and disheartened by the sheer i-dont-give-a-crap, passé, late 90's IRC, highbrow attitude which portrays this shitplace's inner circle. Take your fucking heads out of the sand and look around you for once.

Quoting iAN CooG
just give the site sources to jailbird, he will fix it in no time. sure.

Yeah, for starters, I'd fix that absurd and irritating comment editing clusterfuck. Unless it is obfuscated for some reason or written in Malbolge, what the holy fuck keeps you from patching it? It obviously aggravates the majority of the users and contributors. But no, rather just ridicule the people who care.

Quoting CreaMD
You can dig out real names, addresses, you can find out various private info and connections, a lot of stuff that was visible and was erased can be found in logs. So (in my opinion) you can't just give anybody access to raw database and code.

Boo-fucking-hoo. Like I'd care about Oswald's or your's or whoever's real name, address or some worthless connections while you and everyone puts your whole fucking life on Facebook or Twitter or Snapchat or whatever fucking social network you're using. What kind of sensitive info are you fucking talking about? Credit card datas, social security numbers, dick diameter? Come on. Sensitive data my ass.

Fuck you all.

<Post edited by CreaMD on 3/12-2015 16:35>

Aha so you took it personaly? But I wasn't mentioning you, nor meaning you. Maybe I should have phrased it differently, but I specifically mentioned me as an example as you might have noticed.

--

But back to previous point. I don't own this site, so this is just my arrogant opinion, but I give a fuck about "we own you, because we added the data" attitude. Seriously, I give a fuck about "we own your compo because we are the participants" and "we can poop tons of ungrateful shit on you coz we are the visitors of party you organize and you are lame asshole who can't make it the way we imagine it should be". That's the main reason why I quite organizing forever. Ungrateful stupid shit reactions from people I personally don't know. not my friends, sceners from different scene who insulted me because they expected that I should think like they think. That I still used blank screen instead of fancy compo presentation screen, and that I was switching video cable instaead of adding a switcher box for video inputs. Yeah. Fuck them all. Fuck that "we own your service, we are your users: attitude. See how you DON'T own Facebook? And how they exploit you? That's how it works in real life. So be so kind and don't tell me that owner of the service doesn't have right to shape and organize it according to his principles. I totally stand behind every person who do their great services whatever they do them. You should serve us and you owe us attitude totally sucks. I'm guest here, and I'm glad for whatever this service brought to me. Of course, I'm not the person who adds data here, there are people who add a lot of data. Those people have right to ask Perff for improvements helping them their efforts. And I don't say everybody else shoud shut their mouth. I just say, that saying "we made you" is fucking lame. He made the place, people came, they are guests, they should be greateful for the place, and possibly, try to be decent when they ask for more.

--

You love to code. Good. But coding for projects this big isn't just about love. It's about labor. Real hard work, it's not always fun like when you have your create your own rules and constraints for your own projects. Making better searching interface might be a lovely small project, maybe you might work on that. I think you might be able to nail it. I suppose except of love for code, you have experience with all the necessary technologies and knowledge of best practices creating lovely user experiences and stuff. I imagine I might have.. but I'm too fatigued and dispirited for this. After all, it's far from simplicity of C64 composing.

--

Comment editing unfixed. I understand the problem. Ten times a years, there is that stupid thing and there are bigger things that are more important, and that leaves one doing nothing, in the end. Passive aggresive behaviour it's called. Self sabottage. But yes, I think he should let you fix it. First he might start with giving you that extended rights "so you will become part of assholes group" then discuss with you in modforum, and then give you access to repository so you can install site on your dev. server.. etc... in the end you will fix that edit thing. And I will compose a celebratory SID music for you. Deal?

--

Last but not least. Not understanding what I meant by the sensitive info. Funny that you lecture me about arrogance and attitude, while you put your ignorant thougts on screen like that. Of course every personal info is sensitive for someone. Not for you, not for me. But I can assure you there might be some old retired cracking scener from past with huge inflated ego that might find it very important that his parent's address (that was already erased, but is still in logs) doesn't leak. And that's just one example. Some people do many covert things aroudn this place. Retaliatory downvotes for example. You can't imagine how many times I wanted to say fuck you to the person that had downvoted me, and ask him, why the fuck you hate me? I don't even know you? But I haven't approached him once! Coz that't the burden of being trusted user.

...and of course. There is the mod forum. Where we ritually blackmouth and despise every single user we have here. We can't give you access to that!!@#@!%!! That might destroy our asshole cult.

* the last paragraph inserted for comedic relief.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
CA$H/TRiAD
Nicron
iAN CooG/HVSC
Feltzkrone
Nith/TRIÉ…D
HBH.ZTH/Abnormal