Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !
2004-01-03 01:05
Secret Man / The real Elite
Account closed

Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !

I have some time and i decided to make a book with ugly people.So take a look in your collections and send fat Pictures of Count Kilo to me.

Thanx in advance

Secret Man

... 322 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-01-16 10:58
midfit
Account closed

@CreaMD: You are drifting away into the same harsh mentality you criticize here. Please do me two favours if you mention my name in your contributions. First of all don't try to fill up my words with assumptions what I could have said about people I personally know and respect. Respect a lot, to be more precise. Second is that I don't like to be drawn into differences you are having with other people I am not participating in. I guess that's fair enuff and wouldn't break serrates in your crown.
2004-01-16 12:38
CreaMD

Quote: Secret Lady, the part of spending money has been done by people like you. Do you remember? That was the reason you were allowed to join Hysteric... And that group was LAAAAAAME and still you even had to pay for being member of that group. No doesn't that make you thinking? It should...

@CremieD
You have to differ between the old and new scene, it can't work in other ways. The scene we, the old people, have been part of, was totally different. We had other aims than the people from today.

Do you remember the arguments between Gene and Legend on STN? Sure you do... Do you remember the war between certain people and DOM on Forum & MC? Sure you do... So as you have been part of the old scene, let me know the point of those arguments and you'll see why we have to differ between 'old' and 'new' scene. If you would push your arrogant way into the closet, you could understand the way WE worked and how people like YOU work nowadays.

I do remember the times when I was transfering games from Beastie Boys to Image/RFO with 300 bd and how I had to fight to atleast get a punter-line in the middle of the night in order to make sure that TWG won't release the wares first. I do remember those conferences with By-Thor and Mitch, Shark and MK and when we discussed about the wares-scene. I do remember the times when the wares were rolling and the other groups still were fast.

And that has been a completly different think of what people do today.

Midfit: I mean this very sincerely and by no means offensively. All you were doing in all your past posts were backing up Radar. You did ask me questions which Radar should have asked me. No offense but I call that either baby sitting or ass-licking. Select what suits you better. I was alone (except of TDJ backing me up, thanx)
while you were two. Radar was just hiding while you were shooting your doubts at me and Radar shooting his insults from cover.

Radar, sorry I'll be short I really don't have to waste any more time with this..

Nametwisting is pathetic, when will you grow of that? Me not oldcomer, me "only" 11 years active in the scene.. I'm 100% sure I know more sceners than you (even personally I suppose) and I'm already grown up enough not to rate anything I did, won, achieved, first-produced too much. What is the fame anyway? Who is the part of history and who is the part of his-story. It's easier to answer than you would expect. Being a part of history doesn't mean you will ever need to persuade anyone about your deeds, people won't forget you. You have nice recollections, but they are your-story. Some of them are maybe part of history, but not all of them, try to recognise what is important for history. And all that comparing of WE and YOU, and BACK THEN and NOW... I really don't want to react on that, that is not constructive, especially not from your side.

roman
2004-01-16 12:49
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: Westbam:
Why would it be impossible to compare today's demos to old demos? Sure, the style may have changed but in the end it's all about the pleasure you get from watching one, and to me the time a demo was released *may* have some influence (nostalgic reasons) but it's most certainly not the only factor.

Pretty simple. Nowadays C64 demo are way better. The experiences programmers do have about the machine are way larger than it used to be (simple reason : they spent 10 more years on the machine in how to get the least possible done).. And this is also among the entire scene. It is in human beings nature to drive development as far as possible.

If this wouldn´t be the case, we´d still live in wsmall wodden houses without electricity and wouldn´t wear shoes.... Hmmm, that somehow describes Secret Man´s present situation aswell I notice!

Westbam/Legend
2004-01-16 12:49
midfit
Account closed

@CreaMD: Should I laugh or cry? Anything you prefer? Come on.. Whenever I say something I truely don't do this to back up any person within this thread. People who know me, know that this is an unwritten fact. You don't seem to know me, therefore I excuse your little derailing. For whatever purposes it should have served for you. Notice that I am expressing my opinion to the things. I said a slight part to the issue, nothing more. What you called that is a clear sign of disrespect for my person. If you accuse me of asslicking somebody or backing him up (I've doubts that this person needs any backup), I accuse you of trying to drag me into your personal rag war. Try to base your arguments neither on twisting my statements, nor on using them to underline your arguments if they simply don't fit there. Thats what I asked you for. You don't seem to respect that. I feel sorry for that. The part about where I should have asked questions Radar put up is appearing ridiculous for me and are no basement to discuss any further issues with you until you brought up the respect adults show.
2004-01-16 12:54
CreaMD

Quote: CreaMD:

I personally think that it is rather hard to compare the "old scene" with the scene nowadays, or in the last few years. Scene back then was dominated by an entirley different point of view than it is nowadays.

The major difference is that there is no financial potential in this machine anymore but there are some people that still keep this machine alive "somehow" in order to make it something special among the whole computer business. This is great and I deeply respect the people and their efforts. We grew up with this machine and I´d rather see the C64 alive in 50 years than just having this big part of our childhood fading away...

But as I stated, the point of view is entirely different and there is no way to turn back time. Just take a look at different threats comparing new crack versions to the ones from the past. Or demos from nowadays to the past. These comparissons are that entirely stupid, it´s not even funny anymore... Or what you ever get the idea to compare a brandnew Mercedes Benz to a model built in 1928?!?

Nope, you won´t because it is impossible...

And, I don´t intend to attack you nor your opinion, I just tried to give you a point of view from someone that touched his first computer when he was 8 and grew up with these machines. And I do think I am able to judge the past 25 years in computer history as it was my hobby and it is my job now. So it is big part of my life and you won´t find many people that loved and still love this machine that much as I do...

Yours, Westbam / Legend

I think I didn't compare. I just pointed out that C64 might look dead from one perspective, and still be alive from another.

"Financial potential.."
Agreed.

"Comparsions that are entirely stupid..., not even funny..."
Agreed. But *I* didn't compare, did I?

"And, I don´t intend to attack you nor your opinion, I just tried to give you a point of view from someone that touched his first computer ... ...So it is big part of my life and you won´t find many people that loved and still love this machine that much as I do..."

I believe you.

Roman

2004-01-16 13:00
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: You payed all these games ?? It seems so,that this was a nice job for you.Westlame was not able to do other jobs.
If you want to pay another games for your pc group i would give you a really good job in one of my firms.
i bet you will need the money.

Secret Man <--------Westlame works for HIM

I really wonder if your jealousy and supidity can be topped by anyone although I doubt that apart from your parents there´s anyone else on this great planet with such a pathetic behaviour (unless you might have a brother or sister)...

Your insanity sure made you believe all the mess crumbled within your brain cells by now...

Your threats would bore everybody and his brother to death if there wouldn´t been your lousy english and the good laugh watching you making yourself look like a total moron.

As I told you before (unfortunately you cannot read nor think), your wellfare cheques won´t be enough to hire anyone on this board...

Westbam / Legend

p.s. Now come on you retard and give us more of your "I beat you up", "I ring you in the middle of the night", "I could be ruling all you guys if I´wouldn´t be an idiot",
"I tried to fuck my girlfriend but she slapped me in the face".. blah blah blah...
2004-01-16 13:00
CreaMD

Quote: @CreaMD: Should I laugh or cry? Anything you prefer? Come on.. Whenever I say something I truely don't do this to back up any person within this thread. People who know me, know that this is an unwritten fact. You don't seem to know me, therefore I excuse your little derailing. For whatever purposes it should have served for you. Notice that I am expressing my opinion to the things. I said a slight part to the issue, nothing more. What you called that is a clear sign of disrespect for my person. If you accuse me of asslicking somebody or backing him up (I've doubts that this person needs any backup), I accuse you of trying to drag me into your personal rag war. Try to base your arguments neither on twisting my statements, nor on using them to underline your arguments if they simply don't fit there. Thats what I asked you for. You don't seem to respect that. I feel sorry for that. The part about where I should have asked questions Radar put up is appearing ridiculous for me and are no basement to discuss any further issues with you until you brought up the respect adults show.

Midfit I think you are misjudging me either, but what can I do. Maybe just say. I'm sorry.

Roman
2004-01-16 13:04
TDJ

Quote: Pretty simple. Nowadays C64 demo are way better. The experiences programmers do have about the machine are way larger than it used to be (simple reason : they spent 10 more years on the machine in how to get the least possible done).. And this is also among the entire scene. It is in human beings nature to drive development as far as possible.

If this wouldn´t be the case, we´d still live in wsmall wodden houses without electricity and wouldn´t wear shoes.... Hmmm, that somehow describes Secret Man´s present situation aswell I notice!

Westbam/Legend

I know shit about cracking so I can't comment on that but I do know a lot about demos, and on that topic I disagree with you.

Okay, if by better you mean more advanced coding techniques you might have a point. But a demo just isn't good because it's effects are good, there's much more to it than that. There's the graphics, the music, the design and that strange thing called 'x-factor' which just can't be controlled but is, amongst other things, influenced by the quality of the creators and the way they work(ed) together.

Or would you say that today's music is much better than that of the 60's becaus the studio techniques are so much better these days? :)

2004-01-16 13:41
Secret Man / The real Elite
Account closed

This Westlame is a really silly boy.He was not able to code a demo or to crack games.He was one of the best paymembers in da scene and now he has a big mouth.
You will never beat me up.
2004-01-16 13:47
Hero

I will beat you up Mike!! Bang Bang.... did you feel that!!

Harry

Previous - 1 | ... | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | ... | 34 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Didi/Laxity
Exile/Anubis
Nith/TRIÉ…D
iAN CooG/HVSC
t0m3000/HF^BOOM!^IBX
Operator Teleksu