Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Coinoperator ! (Registered 2024-06-17) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !
2004-01-03 01:05
Secret Man / The real Elite
Account closed

Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !

I have some time and i decided to make a book with ugly people.So take a look in your collections and send fat Pictures of Count Kilo to me.

Thanx in advance

Secret Man

... 322 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-01-21 20:01
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: Since the rest are all very busy, you could contact me too.. I might be of help..

Celtic/noname

Yeah, I just received your private message anyhow. I´ll leave you the info before I log off.. Thanks!
2004-01-21 22:44
tnm96

Hat von euch schon mal irgendeiner richtig gebumst?
2004-01-21 23:06
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: Hat von euch schon mal irgendeiner richtig gebumst?

Like I already mentioned a few days ago, could anyone of the staff please be so kind and remove this lately added fake account from The Secret Man...

Westbam / Legend
2004-01-22 03:44
Fungus

Midfit: Thanks for nice words. also, why did you leave nostalgia if you dont mind me asking in public? otherwise you can find me on irc as usual... if you care to go there. We have a private channel.

Westbam: I could use any list of unfixed games, I can tell You Toki was also not fixed, and also didnt have the music as you know. However, I do some older games, such as Short Circuit, Bionic Commando (Anyone got an ori of this???), hmmm my release lists are just to incomplete to know.
So any and all help is apprec!!

until then...

Fungus/Nostalgia

2004-01-22 09:23
Radar
Account closed

somebody please nuke tnm96...
2004-01-22 11:58
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: Midfit: Thanks for nice words. also, why did you leave nostalgia if you dont mind me asking in public? otherwise you can find me on irc as usual... if you care to go there. We have a private channel.

Westbam: I could use any list of unfixed games, I can tell You Toki was also not fixed, and also didnt have the music as you know. However, I do some older games, such as Short Circuit, Bionic Commando (Anyone got an ori of this???), hmmm my release lists are just to incomplete to know.
So any and all help is apprec!!

until then...

Fungus/Nostalgia

@Fungus: I doubt that Toki can be released featuring the musics wihtout a memory expansion. That was the original problem DOC had back then. There was simply not enough memory to put the music in.

Westbam/Legend
2004-01-22 13:19
Radar
Account closed

Quote: @Fungus: I doubt that Toki can be released featuring the musics wihtout a memory expansion. That was the original problem DOC had back then. There was simply not enough memory to put the music in.

Westbam/Legend

BUT you forget that any great emulator can handle it nowadays - that's the reason why people try to slag on old versions all the time.

It's a good conversation with Fungus about it, and I bet that he knows the difference between old and new possibilities concerning C64. Unluckily, most of the newskoolers don't know and that's why we always have to face this point and keep on explaining our standard from the past.
2004-01-22 14:07
CreaMD

Quote: BUT you forget that any great emulator can handle it nowadays - that's the reason why people try to slag on old versions all the time.

It's a good conversation with Fungus about it, and I bet that he knows the difference between old and new possibilities concerning C64. Unluckily, most of the newskoolers don't know and that's why we always have to face this point and keep on explaining our standard from the past.

Daemagogy. Cracks are done for plain system even now. For example Ocean CRT version of Double Dragon needed to recode memory extensive scroller routines in order to fit the music in. Crack was made by GRG and Fungus. Cadaver helped with some ideas as far as I know.

That trick (i hope you understand how was it done) could be done in past too.

And why the hell would people need cracks for emu-only anyway?!? when all they need to get is CRT file (cartridge) of the game and start it in emulator.

So maybe also the other cracks which couldn't play music because of memory reasons could be possibly recoded too. Believe me after all those years you were inactive nobody degenerated so heavily that he would make crack for emulator-users only.

Roman

2004-01-22 14:29
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Daemagogy. Cracks are done for plain system even now. For example Ocean CRT version of Double Dragon needed to recode memory extensive scroller routines in order to fit the music in. Crack was made by GRG and Fungus. Cadaver helped with some ideas as far as I know.

That trick (i hope you understand how was it done) could be done in past too.

And why the hell would people need cracks for emu-only anyway?!? when all they need to get is CRT file (cartridge) of the game and start it in emulator.

So maybe also the other cracks which couldn't play music because of memory reasons could be possibly recoded too. Believe me after all those years you were inactive nobody degenerated so heavily that he would make crack for emulator-users only.

Roman

That 'trick' might be good (and we spoke about Toki and not Double Dragon), but still we had other positions to start at.

Let's take a few examples:

FLI has been done by Blackmail as the first in like 1989. In 1989/1990 they published their FLI-Editor and everybody else was able to use it, re-code it and to work on the routines to make them better and better. THAT could could be done in 1982 already - BUT the progress wasn't that far at that time.

IFFL has been invented in early 1988 as first by The Syndicate/Beastie Boys. At that time, it was still called MFL. In middle/late 1988 it changed to IFFL and after the editors got spread, everybody else was able to use it, re-code it and work on the code to make it better and better. The scan-routines got faster, they got transfered into the floppy-memory and the file was readable by calculated T/S instead of counting bytes - BUT the progress wasn't that far at the beginning when Syndicate invented his routines.

Those two examples show us, that there has always been a certain progress which needs to get finished. When we were learning our work on the C64, we had other another time with another knowledgement. When I was releasing my fist game in like 1984, I had other knowledges and other possibilities to use than in 1993 when I released my last game for Arcade.

The newskool is based on a bigger pool of knowledge from the scene of the past. When the C64 got released in 1982 and the scene started, there was no knowledge about the machine and we had to start with nothing. During the years, more and more possibilities got opened - the sceners from nowadays leeched that and are for sure into better coding.

And there you habe to compare the way of the wares got released with the time it got released. If you put those wares into comparisation, you'll see the best available versions of that time.

And believe me, if people like DOC (who did Toki for Legend) wrote that the music had to be nuked at that time, for the reason you just quoted out, it was the one and only way to get along with it.
2004-01-22 14:39
Complex
Account closed

secret man's ramblings about being a member of COMPLEX has recently come to our attention. We'd like to make very clear that secret man is in no way affiliated with COMPLEX. We as a group have a strict policy that NO member posts about their affiliations. As some of you pointed out it would be a serious security risk and not one we wish to take.

To Secret Man:

We dont know you nor do we want to. We recommend for your own self interest that you STFU. you are NOT in COMPLEX nor will you ever be.

Thank you all for your time. you may return to your flame wars. This public service announcement has been brought to you by...ah fuck it.

~Team COMPLEX~
Previous - 1 | ... | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | ... | 34 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Acidchild/Padua
fandenvoldsk
MightyAxle
Didi/Laxity
csabanw
Guests online: 174