Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !
2004-01-03 01:05
Secret Man / The real Elite
Account closed

Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !

I have some time and i decided to make a book with ugly people.So take a look in your collections and send fat Pictures of Count Kilo to me.

Thanx in advance

Secret Man

... 322 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-01-22 14:55
CreaMD

Radar, Radar, Radar...

Your argumentation is correct and full of insight, how could I ever disagree with what you say about progress and that stuff?

But you avoided to admit that you had wrong assumptions with emu-oriented cracking. I don't have anything against you, but when you will keep trying to do this easy manipulation all the time we will never be able to get into any agreement.

Also it's quite simple trick of shortening hardscroll which used for example lda $0428 sta $0400 lda $0429, sta $0401... into something which used lda $0428,x sta $0400,x. This is not a new technology, just a simple logical improvement of a routine. Double dragon used a little different code, but the idea is roughly the same.

Cadaver: "I remember Double Dragon had completely unrolled (speedcode) colorscroll, which was unnecessary. It was reduced by several kilobytes.." however he also admits that "But note that in Toki, such substantial gains would not have been possible!!"

So Westbam's is probably right, TOKI maybe won't be cracked properly for plain system. Who knows.

Cadaver: "Yeah, it's true that this "trick" is nothing like FLI or IFFL. It's just cleverness or stupidity of the programmer, and scroll-loops were well-known by then.."

Roman
2004-01-22 16:14
Secret Man / The real Elite
Account closed

Much new Fake accounts here.And sorry that i was is this lamer group Complex.

Radork: You never cracked any games,bcoz you are not able to show us one of your cracks.Loser.

Secret Man / Elite

2004-01-22 16:41
midfit
Account closed

FLI.. Well I remember Charlatan by Beyond Force. Actually it contained a FLI routine to fake the x rastersplits it was containing. Funny enuff that OMG/Amok (huhah.. Antichrist!) in his Sex'n'Crime commented this routine as a fake raster split based on a fake color routine considered to be lame.
2004-01-22 17:20
Anthrax
Account closed

Quote: Much new Fake accounts here.And sorry that i was is this lamer group Complex.

Radork: You never cracked any games,bcoz you are not able to show us one of your cracks.Loser.

Secret Man / Elite

Buahaha.. What a laugh. Son, you must be the most stupid liar on the entire planet. Did you really think you get away with this Complex bullshit?

And, just to help you on your miserable illiteration, the guy stated YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN IN COMPLEX NOR EVER WILL BE! So there´s no need for pulling you were in this group but it was lame blah blah.....

Face the truth, you sucked, you still and you will suck for the rest of your entire life. [CASE CLOSED]

Anthrax / Legend
2004-01-22 18:15
psychobilly/x-RSI
Account closed

Hello everybody known and unknown..

I was told some interesting debate is going on here. Apparently, this seems to be a misinformation. In fact, I have to realise that some people's development has stalled since the early 1990ies. For sure a tragedy for the single individual but not of my specific interest.

This observation goes perfectly in line with Christian's (Secret Man in this funny paralell world) request. It is a rather savage attempt to insult Andreas (Count Zero). His motivation is beyond my understanding. I used to enjoy working together with both guys in past. Christian has been an exceptionally committed group member. Although I never liked the way Christian behaved in the public (BBS at that time). In this point not much has changed. Our ways split when RSI was reborn by Irata and I joined.

My respect to Andreas for his appropriate reaction and for the most valuable contribution in this body of text. It has been a great pleasure to work and party together with him. He was my motivation to check this place but he absolutely does not need anybody's help here.

The rest of the conversation might continue without my comment.

Yours faithfully,

Stefan aka Psychobilly/x-RSI/x-Hysteric

2004-01-22 18:16
chatGPZ

this is getting funnier every day indeed :) just talked to a member of the complex xbox coding team and he has never heard of anyone named secret man, strange hu?
2004-01-22 21:58
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: Hello everybody known and unknown..

I was told some interesting debate is going on here. Apparently, this seems to be a misinformation. In fact, I have to realise that some people's development has stalled since the early 1990ies. For sure a tragedy for the single individual but not of my specific interest.

This observation goes perfectly in line with Christian's (Secret Man in this funny paralell world) request. It is a rather savage attempt to insult Andreas (Count Zero). His motivation is beyond my understanding. I used to enjoy working together with both guys in past. Christian has been an exceptionally committed group member. Although I never liked the way Christian behaved in the public (BBS at that time). In this point not much has changed. Our ways split when RSI was reborn by Irata and I joined.

My respect to Andreas for his appropriate reaction and for the most valuable contribution in this body of text. It has been a great pleasure to work and party together with him. He was my motivation to check this place but he absolutely does not need anybody's help here.

The rest of the conversation might continue without my comment.

Yours faithfully,

Stefan aka Psychobilly/x-RSI/x-Hysteric

Hmmm, at first I thought that doesn´t really sound like Psychobilly at all. His english was inferior compared to this statement. But however, he might have improved, congratulation and respect in this case.

Second of all, Psychobilly´s behaviour on the boards back then wasn´t really coming up to most people´s expectations either. I for myself had huge arguements with him. So either he forgot about these things or this is a fake account.

I agree on his opinion towards Count Zero. He was a skilled person whatsoever.

I consider it rather funny that this post is just discrediting Secret Man´s behaviour (or whatever you want to call it) once again although Secret Man expected to have found an ally in Psychobilly.....

Last but not least (although Scret Man can be considered "the least"), talking about Scret Man´s relationship towards Complex is just the way Midfit and myself stated, there isn´t any.

Westbam / Legend ...still waiting for any sight of Secret Man backing up his bullshit!
2004-01-23 06:30
Fungus

Radar: Correct. Also, I been around along time. In the scene or not. And we would never make cracks for EMULAMERS. In fact, I could care less about emu's. Everything we do is done on, for and to real 64 and hardware. I cant comment on how things were done back then, but I do have some rather impressive Triad cracks, and also alot more from Section8. The difference now days, of course, is the quality of tools. You are right, but huge pool of knowledge? WHere??? I had to learn everything i know virtually myself, with the exception of IFFL which I got from Midfit, and has since been improved upon by myself, 6r6, Ninja, Doc, and Antitrack. Ahh, I can see if you mean pooling knowledge in that way. As for cracking and coding... everything was learned the hard way, as it should be, and I wouldnt tell my secrets to you or anyone else, unless your in my group, and I respect you deeply of coz, which means you got a similar level of knowledge.

Westbam: Well, it wasnt very hard to make the sprites load in multiple parts for DD, and may also be possible for Toki. To me it was a matter of TIME and EFFORT. as it does take some time to recode such crap, and not everyone wants to do so. ALso, the scroll routine is less than $0100 bytes, was done by cadaver, and I fixed the routine to also
work on ntsc.

Secret Wench/Skidmark, please go die, we dont care, and flaming you isnt worth the time to type the text to do so. Your silly brain doesnt comprehend anything but the illusions you hold dear. So please, go fuck yourself somewhere else, where someone cares.

uff

Fungus/Nostalgia
2004-01-23 10:25
midfit
Account closed

Fungus: It is nice that you continue your work. What would be nice for me is to actually see how the IFFL evoluted during the time we started working on it. I guess I will take my time to visit #c-64 again to have some chat with you. Have been some years since we had this pleasure, pal. Hope to see you there on this weekend.
2004-01-23 10:46
Westbam
Account closed

@Fungus:

Actually DOC spent almost 8 weeks on the crack of Toki back then in reprogramming that game, getting it to work and look for work-arounds to get the game stored in memory. I rather belive it ain´t possible considering how much time he spent. But on the other hand I must admit, it would be very impressive if someone could come up with a solution to that problem...

Westbam / Legend
Previous - 1 | ... | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Laddh
Steffan/BOOM!
psych
E$G/hOKUtO fOrcE
Guests online: 90
Top Demos