Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Sepa ! (Registered 2024-05-13) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Coding > Popular (cross)assemblers
2005-04-29 11:22
Compyx

Popular (cross)assemblers

I was wondering what the most popular (cross-)assemblers are for programming the C64. Turbo Assembler obviously, but what other assemblers are used?

I'm planning a complete rewrite of my old cross-assembler and I'd like to make it compatible with the popular assemblers out there..

So any comments on assemblers used by coders would be very helpful..

... 21 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2005-06-23 14:01
MagerValp

Is the PDS software available for download somewhere? Do you have pics or schematics of the I/O board?
2005-06-23 15:28
Burn

@MagerValp: I gave the documentation (about 200 pages) to a friend a few days ago so he can scan the document. Otherwise it surely will be lost. Maybe there are some schematics in there...

I don't think you can find the software somewhere in the net... it's a quite old system. hm, that fits me perfectly...
2005-06-27 12:43
bubis
Account closed

I have used ca65 the most but I hate it like hell.
My dream assembler is embodied in asl 1.42 mentioned by ninjadrm. Here is my win32 port: :)

http://plus4.emucamp.com/tools.php?tid=45

Some remarkable features:
* multipass macro assembler
* complete support for the 6502's undocumented instructions.
* (compile time) floating point arithmetic and functions including sine, cosine, exponential function, logarithm, ...
* temporary, local, globan symbols
* dynamic symbol name generation
2005-06-27 15:27
MagerValp

Quote: @MagerValp: I gave the documentation (about 200 pages) to a friend a few days ago so he can scan the document. Otherwise it surely will be lost. Maybe there are some schematics in there...

I don't think you can find the software somewhere in the net... it's a quite old system. hm, that fits me perfectly...

Please upload the software, there are a few of us who would like to take a look at it.
2005-07-02 15:54
Burn

@MagerValp: will do so, but the software needs the iso-card to be plugged in. Otherwise it won't run.

We are going to release a complete bundle including the software, the manual(s) and schematics for the hardware.

Stay tuned!
2005-07-21 11:15
Stirf
Account closed

turbo assembler for c64 is the most common, but ass-embler blaster from cascade is actually better, lots of extra functions mouse control (your c64 mouse!)and menu driven, there are two versions of it, low and high, use low:you'll have high memory free ($4000+ or so) use high:you'll have low free ($0800+)worth a try it you aren't yet stuck on tasm, like me
2005-07-21 11:21
Scout

Quote: turbo assembler for c64 is the most common, but ass-embler blaster from cascade is actually better, lots of extra functions mouse control (your c64 mouse!)and menu driven, there are two versions of it, low and high, use low:you'll have high memory free ($4000+ or so) use high:you'll have low free ($0800+)worth a try it you aren't yet stuck on tasm, like me

True, but we're discussing crossassemblers here ;)
---
-= Silicon Ltd. =-
http://www.deco-design.com/scl
2005-07-27 21:03
GoDot64

Quote: I was wondering what the most popular (cross-)assemblers are for programming the C64. Turbo Assembler obviously, but what other assemblers are used?

I'm planning a complete rewrite of my old cross-assembler and I'd like to make it compatible with the popular assemblers out there..

So any comments on assemblers used by coders would be very helpful..

I'm using MXAss from Mist (available at Fairlight's). It's DOS-based, and I have to run Bochs (a DOS emulator) to use it because of its speed limitation. But it fits my purposes excellently. GoDot gets developed on it since about 5 years.

ado
2005-07-27 21:53
Scout

Quote: I'm using MXAss from Mist (available at Fairlight's). It's DOS-based, and I have to run Bochs (a DOS emulator) to use it because of its speed limitation. But it fits my purposes excellently. GoDot gets developed on it since about 5 years.

ado

Isn't this a bit spartan to code this way?

Btw, I 'dumped' Relaunch64 and use EditPlus2 instead now (thanx Slarti/Chrome!) which fits most of my needs.
For instance, there's a special compilerwindow in Editplus2 which shows the compileroutput. I really miss that in Relaunch.

Link to Editplus2: http://www.editplus.com/

650x syntax highlighting on demand btw ;)

R.
---
-= Silicon Ltd. =-
http://www.deco-design.com/scl
2006-03-26 21:11
kamelito
Account closed

Quote: turbo assembler for c64 is the most common, but ass-embler blaster from cascade is actually better, lots of extra functions mouse control (your c64 mouse!)and menu driven, there are two versions of it, low and high, use low:you'll have high memory free ($4000+ or so) use high:you'll have low free ($0800+)worth a try it you aren't yet stuck on tasm, like me

@MagerValp: will do so, but the software needs the iso-card to be plugged in. Otherwise it won't run.

>We are going to release a complete bundle including the >software, the manual(s) and schematics for the hardware.

>Stay tuned!

Hi,

Did you released this package (if yes where) or is it planned for a later relase date ?

Regards
Kamel
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
B.A.
McMeatLoaf
WVL/Xenon
ICE-T / Rick../Black..
Ninja/The Dreams
Mibri/ATL^MSL^PRX