Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Coding > Looking for a coderfor these game graphics I've done...
2023-04-24 15:44
DeadBone / Hype

Looking for a coderfor these game graphics I've done...

<Post edited by moderator on 24/4-2023 22:41>

G'day from Down Under...

I've done some rather good looking 4x4 character block graphics, but they are bitmap graphics if scrolling...

You will see what I mean when you look at all the graphics...

They can be found as a few different files in the section that has MagicKid Preview as the first file, these are all on side one...

The last file, which is on side 2 of this release is called SmurfShroomHouse (a Smurf MuShroom House) which needs to be loaded with the Centurai Loader file, on the disk, just above that file...

That graphic is not the best though, but it was used in a repeating pattern, along with 2 rows of these 4x4 character blocks from these graphic block collections (the dirt 4x4 block and the water/lava block in Hype Australia's first demo 'Hyperactive' look for that release on CSDb if you want to see these graphics scrolling (though, that demo was released with a buggy loader, you have to load some of the parts separately, direct from the disks directory...) but you can see the dirt 4x4 block, the water 4x4 block (which is the same graphic as the lava 4x4 graphic block in the MagicKid Preview file...

These graphics need a lot more done to make them into even one level of a game, but have one look at them and tell me that they would not make a great looking C64 scrolling or flip screen platformer/jump 'n' run game...

Imagine a tree leaves 4x4 graphic block, the same way I've done these other graphic blocks and of course imagine more graphics done in this style from one of Australia's BEST EVER graphic artists who also competed very well in Brutal Recalls Top100 Graphic Artist Charts, entering at number 17, when NO Australian had EVER been in the World Charts before, not in a European Disk Magazine, but I did and I got as high as number 13 or 14, I don't believe I ever deserved quite that high, but apparently a lot of people did vote for me because I did do quite a few good pieces, like my Sonic The Hedgehog picture, in 4 colours, which was stolen by E3 of Rebels and used in NewsPress #7 and #8 I think... Also something that had never happened before, NO European had ever ripped and used an Australians graphics before, and I've done lots of other, much better graphics that I'm very proud of, just look at Executioner .Fli also on side one of my Unreleased Graphics Disk, use the supplied editor to load it and tell me that I'm not a pretty good graphic artist, because yes, I can do some rather good graphics...

And I'm looking for a coder who is interested in possibly making a game using these graphics as part of the basis for level one (more graphics needed obviously) also I know a bit about game design and I know what kind of games I'd like to make, I'd like to make good looking clones of games that were popular, but not massive, games like (Forrest) Wardner (an arcade game, conversion on Sega Megadrive/Genesis... Or Legend of Hero: Tonma (Arcade and PC Engine...) so if those play mechanics can be programmed on the C64 using my graphics, either these graphics mentioned, or new graphics I could do, then I'd love to hear from a coder who wants to take up that challenge, with me doing the graphics, then contact me directly at...

cooperdata64@gmail.com

To get the quickest response from me...

Or message me on here, but I'm not on here every day and this is my first ever forum entry, in case you can't tell...

The graphics I've been speaking of can be found mainly on side 1 of this CSDb release...

Unreleased Graphics Disk

I'm currently working with Protovision on the title screen graphics to a game by Courage of Protovision and he is very happy with the work I am doing with him and the ideas I have added that he loves too...

I can do world class graphics and I want to work on games now...

DOUBLE POSTING, PLEASE GO HERE: [PETIns]
Looking for a coder for these game graphics I've done...
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Ko-Ko
Dymo/G★P
Menace/Spaceballs
Grue/Extend
Guests online: 109
Top Demos