Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Coding > Relaunch64 #3 Beta1 released!
2013-01-06 13:23
The Gothicman
Account closed

Relaunch64 #3 Beta1 released!

Relaunch64 #3 Beta1 released!

Now as JAR-file.
Looks promising to me :)

http://www.popelganda.de/

... 49 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2014-04-19 15:24
soci

Ok, that makes sense, I also like to use the latest features in my sources.

Magervalp: I'm aware of that. It was accounted for when I decided weather I try this software or go and do something else instead.
2014-04-20 19:28
Testicle
Account closed

Ok, I released a new beta, both for Java7 and Java8.

The latest beta 9 for Java 8:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/relaunch64/files/Beta-Releases/

The latest beta 9 for Java 7:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/relaunch64/files/Beta-Releases..

(the Java7-Version is missing some minor features, like automatic number conversion when selecting a decimal/hexa/binary number in the source...)

New features:
- Auto-completion / label suggestions (Ctrl+Space)
- Goto Label
- Goto Function
- Jump to Function
(see menu Source)

More features like breakpoint-support and the gimmicks of the "old" Windows-version 2.0 of Relaunch will follow soon...

Best wishes
Daniel
2014-04-21 08:02
soci

Thanks for the update! Now I had a chance to try it.

Some remarks:
- there's no font selection in the menu. It's possible to do it by directly editing the xml settings. I see something about font selection in the source, but possibly it's not used yet or it's well hidden.
- there's a number converter, what if it could simple numeric expression evaluation?
- can it open files given on the command line on start up? Possibly I'm doing something wrong, or not yet.

Regarding performance, it's ok for small files or projects with many small files. In the later case the jump to label function is not that useful any more.

Just out of interest I've tried it with a 8.5K lines source file. It probably loads fast, but the syntax highlighting takes around 11s on a 1.7GHz machine.

I think there's some quadratic behaviour on line insertion. It's the fastest at the end, 2.4s in the middle, 11.6s at 1000 lines, and 26s on top.

What's interesting that around half the waiting time the line insertion is finished, but then it's not possible to write until the full time has elapsed.

Character insertion/deletion seems linear, around 600ms on top or so.

Then I've switched over from ACME to Kick assembler syntax highlighting. In this case the line insertion/deletion is almost the same as character insert/delete. (that is slow but usable, 800ms worst)

The asm source was written in neither of these two variants, but ACME recognized more. (especially labels)

Your source is better commented than my average stuff ;) Unfortunately I don't program in java to help to find out where the time is spent in ACME mode. But most people will not push the limits that much anyway.
2014-04-21 08:11
Testicle
Account closed

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
I'm not sure whether there are significant performance issues between Linux and Windows. I've ran Relaunch under Win7 and Ubuntu 13.10, and it seemed to me that Windows runs the jar more fluently... But I'll try to figure out whether performance can be improved. I guess it's particular the syntax highlighting stuff.

The source is not yet much documented. I'm too lazy to do this, but I'll try to add some documentation so others (and myself) do better understand the source.

- there's no font selection in the menu. It's possible to do it by directly editing the xml settings. I see something about font selection in the source, but possibly it's not used yet or it's well hidden.

Currently, color scheme and fonts can only be edited manually in the XML file.

- there's a number converter, what if it could simple numeric expression evaluation?

What do you mean by that?

- can it open files given on the command line on start up? Possibly I'm doing something wrong, or not yet.

Command line parameter not supported yet.

- The asm source was written in neither of these two variants, but ACME recognized more. (especially labels)

Best wishes
Daniel
2014-04-21 10:50
soci

Quoting Testicle

Right now I can enter numbers and it gives me conversions. What if I could enter something like $43*5 instead of a simple number?

Quoting Testicle
- The asm source was written in neither of these two variants, but ACME recognized more. (especially labels)

In my test only part of the source was highlighted, not everything. The result might be different from a similar sized source which is properly highlighted everywhere.

I had a theory that maybe the label processing was on fault (I saw some lists here and there). I tried now and it didn't made much difference if I changed the labels in a way that they were not recognized any more.
2014-04-21 13:06
soci

I've did some searches on the matter and it seems JEditorPane itself is causing the performance problem. Possibly it could be worked around by only highlighting the part displayed and keep the rest plain. Sounds fun to implement ;)
2014-04-22 12:43
Testicle
Account closed

I just released beta 10 on Sourceforge, including JRE7-binaries:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/relaunch64/files/Beta-Releases/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/relaunch64/files/Beta-Releases..

I fixed several bugs with auto-suggestion etc. and implemented a "cross-tab-goto-function", i.e. whenever you start a Goto-action via the Navigate-menu, you'll see all labels/functions/sections/macros of all currently opened files. The combobox highlights the filenames, so you see which macro/label/etc. belongs to which file.

Note that all "Goto"-functions now share the same dropdown box in order to save space and keep user interface minimal. The content is created on context, i.e. which menu item in the Navigate menu is selected. Both hitting enter key and mouse click will goto the selected item.

Furthermore, startup-parameters (Command line parameter) should work now.
2014-04-23 23:15
soci

Good, navigation is much better now for split files ;)

Further remarks:
- There's no need for an untitled tab if files are opened from the command line
- Are there any key combinations to navigate between tabs?
- If I create a new file and save it then I get a save dialog every time I save. Normally it should come up only for the first time. It works ok when an existing file was opened modified and saved.
- It's always starting with Vice and Kick selected. What if that's not the favourite combination?
- Is it common to have a mixed assembler project? I think a global assembler for all tabs is enough.
- If I save a newly created file there's a lot of debug output in the console (NullPointerException, InvocationTargetException, etc.)
2014-04-24 05:27
Testicle
Account closed

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback again!

- There's no need for an untitled tab if files are opened from the command line
Yes, I'll try to fix that "issue".

- Are there any key combinations to navigate between tabs?
The default behaviour, if the text component has the focus, is that ctrl+tab and ctrl+shift+tab move on to the next component. Thus, pressing ctrl+shift+tab would move the focus to the tabs. However, once the tab has the focus you can use arrow-keys and ctrl+tab and ctrl+shift+tab to switch between tabs. To move focus to the text editor, you need to press "tab"...

- If I create a new file and save it then I get a save dialog every time I save. Normally it should come up only for the first time. It works ok when an existing file was opened modified and saved.
Fixed.

- It's always starting with Vice and Kick selected. What if that's not the favourite combination?
I'll offer a "preferred" setting in the preferences, so the preferred eum/compiler is always selected by default.

- Is it common to have a mixed assembler project? I think a global assembler for all tabs is enough.
Probably not, but I personally use it quite a lot. It's not only selecting different compilers, but also the parameter-textfield gives you the option to use parameters "on the fly" that override the global settings. Might be useful... ?

- If I save a newly created file there's a lot of debug output in the console (NullPointerException, InvocationTargetException, etc.)
I can't reproduce that bug, but I'll check under Linux.

There are also some other new features added, a new beta to be released when I fixed your issues.

Best wishes
Daniel
2014-04-24 07:45
Testicle
Account closed

Ok, initial tab will be closed if not needed and a file is opened. And you can select your preferred compiler and emulator in the preferences, which will be set by default.

What are other common and often used cross assemblers? Currently, there'S specific support for KickAssembler and ACME. Relaunch64 may work with other cross assembler as well, but there are probably highlighting issue etc. So I would like to implement support for further cross assemblers...

Any suggestions which could be added?

Best
Daniel
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
cba
Apollyon/ALD
encore
Martin Piper
Higgie/Kraze/Onslaught
Guests online: 125