Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Coding > Relaunch64 #3 Beta1 released!
2013-01-06 13:23
The Gothicman
Account closed

Relaunch64 #3 Beta1 released!

Relaunch64 #3 Beta1 released!

Now as JAR-file.
Looks promising to me :)

http://www.popelganda.de/

... 49 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2014-04-24 09:23
ELA

If I change a file without saving and try to quit I am asked if I want to save the files before quitting but nothing happens when selecting "yes".
It's basically same as pressing "cancel". Also if I type something in untitled file and quit I am not offered to give file a name and it doesn't quit.

About the log panels: I wonder if there could be a way to clear them. Is there a plan for the space above the logs since there's some free space there and divider.
2014-04-24 10:29
Testicle
Account closed

Hi ELA,

thanks for your feedback. I fixed the save-on-exit-bug.

You can clear the logs by right-clicking on the tabs.

According to the empty space: I have no final plan yet, so I appreciate any suggestions. Probabyl a tree-view based file-chooser or a source-code-snippet tools... (or both, I can also add tabs to that space, providing several "tools").

Best
Daniel

P.S.: 64tass support implemented. Beta 11 coming soon...
2014-04-24 17:47
soci

Quoting Testicle

- Are there any key combinations to navigate between tabs?
The default behaviour, if the text component has the focus, is that ctrl+tab and ctrl+shift+tab move on to the next component. Thus, pressing ctrl+shift+tab would move the focus to the tabs. However, once the tab has the focus you can use arrow-keys and ctrl+tab and ctrl+shift+tab to switch between tabs. To move focus to the text editor, you need to press "tab"...

This works a bit strange. If I'm in the editor and keep pressing ctrl+tab, it goes to the logs and keeps cycling between the two log tabs. Shift+tab goes back to the editor and nothing else happens when repeated. Ctrl+Shift+tab goes on top, then ctrl+tab and ctrl+shift+tab works reasonable. A bit more consistency would be needed.

What I was looking for is something that would switch between tabs and it keeps the focus in the editor/log instead of moving it to the top. And with less finger use, e.g. ctrl+pgup/pgdn.

Quoting Testicle

- Is it common to have a mixed assembler project? I think a global assembler for all tabs is enough.
Probably not, but I personally use it quite a lot. It's not only selecting different compilers, but also the parameter-textfield gives you the option to use parameters "on the fly" that override the global settings. Might be useful... ?

The parameter field is clear now and is useful for things like "-D DEBUG=1". Selecting a different compiler or tab does not affect the parameter fields content. I'm not sure what you mean.

Thanks for fixing the other stuff!

I think it was mentioned above but maybe it was forgotten. Is it possible to implement log parsing for fault messages and jump to them? Manually typing/copy pasting them into the goto field is far from optimal.

I'm not sure, but there must be some option for the file selector to only accept files, and not directories. This is a problem when I try to use the compiler/assembler path setup dialog with keyboard only.

There's some problem here on Linux/jre7 with the program execution (assembler/emulator):
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at de.relaunch64.popelganda.Relaunch64View.compileFile(Relaunch64View.java:980)
at de.relaunch64.popelganda.Relaunch64View.runFile(Relaunch64View.java:826)

Some tooltips are empty some are ok in the menu. It would be good if the parameter field would have a tooltip. I didn't knew what it was until you mentioned it.
2014-04-24 18:25
soci

Quoting Testicle
What are other common and often used cross assemblers? Currently, there'S specific support for KickAssembler and ACME. Relaunch64 may work with other cross assembler as well, but there are probably highlighting issue etc. So I would like to implement support for further cross assemblers...

Any suggestions which could be added?

Here's a (maybe incomplete) list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_assemblers#6502_asse..

Popularity varies across platforms.
2014-04-25 17:08
Testicle
Account closed

Beta 11 is out:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/relaunch64/files/Beta-Releases/

I've made so many changes, I hope I can remember all of them ;-)
- fixed reported bugs
- fixed OS X specific issues
- using (shift-)tab-key when text is selected in-/outdents the selection
- ctrl+(shift+)tab cycles through opened tabs
- initial tab will be closed when opening a file
- added tooltips to most menu items and components
- added insert bytes from file feature
- added insert sinus curve feature
- added 64tass support

and:
- added user-script function. in the preferences, you can define user scripts, which equal those command you would type to console. script may have multi lines. you can execute the user script via menu / shortcut. select from different scripts in the upper right part of the editor (see "Compile and run from user scripts").
Placeholders for user scripts:
SOURCEFILE - the asm-file
OUTFILE - the output file (prg-file)

Example for compiling with KickAss and starting Vice on OS X:
java -jar /<path to kickass>/KickAss.jar SOURCEFILE
/Applications/Vice/x64.app OUTFILE

Cruncher support both for "general" settings and user scripts will come soon. So will cycling through errors.

According to the goto-error-line feature: What are the error-stream-outputs of the various compilers? I need to identify and extract the line-numbers of errors that's logged by the compiler-output/error-stream.

Best wishes
Daniel
2014-04-26 12:15
soci

New version, more testing ;)

- I can't enter tabs into the source, instead the focus is changed.
- Automatic indenting on new lines work for instructions, but it aligns to the label if there was one. I'm not sure, but some automatic formatting mode like on c64 tass/tasm would be nice where labels, instructions (and possibly comments) are formatted nicely in user defined columns.
- Empty lines have different height then lines with content, it's more visible if you change the font size to something bigger.
- The line numbers are cut off at the right side more and more as the number gets longer, while there's still plenty of space on the left. Also more visible on bigger font sizes.
- The tab size is independent of font size (in pixels). Normally it's n*(width of monospace font), where n is configurable. The current behaviour is probably ok for variable width fonts.
- I use "java -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on" to get nice antialiased text. Is it possible to add System.setProperty("awt.useSystemAAFontSettings","on"); somewhere at startup to have this automatic?
- Thanks for supporting 64tass! The -T option is not recommended, that's only for die-hard c64 tass/tasm users who agree that 2+2*3 is 12 ;) The -W option has been removed sometime ago, the start address is always a word unless otherwise requested.
- "cld", "clv" is missing from instructions highlighting. What is "cls"?
- Alternate instruction sets highlighting would be nice for illegal opcodes, 65c02, 65816, etc.
- Compiler log could be erased automatically after each compilation. Only the last one is interesting usually.
- Opening a file using the dialog and compiling it works, but if I open from the command line and want to compile it then I get:
at de.relaunch64.popelganda.Relaunch64View.compileFile(Relaunch64View.java:1301)
at de.relaunch64.popelganda.Relaunch64View.runFile(Relaunch64View.java:1175)
- I think you forgot to add "help_userscripts.html" to the resources. The help button does not work because of this.
- VICE does not start, instead I get "Couldn't get a file descriptor referring to the console". Not even from user script. If I use it in place of a compiler, then it works, probably because then it can log to somewhere.

Error message format for Kick assembler (guess):
Error: <text> <linefeed>
at line <line>, column <column> in <filename>

ACME:
fprintf(msg_stream, "%s - File %s, line %d (%s %s): %s\n", type, Input_now->original_filename, Input_now->line_number, Section_now->type, Section_now->title, message);

Where type is "Error", "Warning", "Serious error".

Error message format for 64tass is documented here:
http://tass64.sourceforge.net/#messages

Watch out for handling of tabs and UTF-8 sequences when implementing jumps to columns.
2014-04-26 14:51
Testicle
Account closed

Thanks again for your comprehensive and fast feedback!
There were two "bugs" with user scripts, which hopefully have been fixed now. Furthermore, I made the layout of split panes in the main window customizable, thus you can place logs and compile&run elements below the source window, place compile&run beside logs and so on...

Quoting soci
- I can't enter tabs into the source, instead the focus is changed.

Fixed, this bug came when I changed Ctrl+Tab behavior... :-/

Quoting soci
- The line numbers are cut off at the right side more and more as the number gets longer, while there's still plenty of space on the left. Also more visible on bigger font sizes.

Hm, this behavior is different on my machines where it works as intended. I'll keep that in mind and try to figure out what this could be.

Quoting soci
- The tab size is independent of font size (in pixels). Normally it's n*(width of monospace font), where n is configurable. The current behaviour is probably ok for variable width fonts.

I plan a preference tab for various smaller settings, including whether tab-key should insert tabs or a certain amount of spaces.

Quoting soci
- I use "java -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on" to get nice antialiased text. Is it possible to add System.setProperty("awt.useSystemAAFontSettings","on"); somewhere at startup to have this automatic?

Done.

Quoting soci
- Thanks for supporting 64tass! The -T option is not recommended, that's only for die-hard c64 tass/tasm users who agree that 2+2*3 is 12 ;) The -W option has been removed sometime ago, the start address is always a word unless otherwise requested.

I changed the default parameter according to your suggestions.

Quoting soci
- "cld", "clv" is missing from instructions highlighting. What is "cls"?

Done, included cld and clv. I guess cls was just a typo.

Quoting soci
- Alternate instruction sets highlighting would be nice for illegal opcodes, 65c02, 65816, etc.

Yes, this may follow. But I guess not for the first final release, which focuses on core functions and 6502 support.

Quoting soci
- Compiler log could be erased automatically after each compilation. Only the last one is interesting usually.

Done

Quoting soci
- Opening a file using the dialog and compiling it works, but if I open from the command line and want to compile it then I get:
at de.relaunch64.popelganda.Relaunch64View.compileFile(Relaunch64View.java:1301)

I'll look at it, currently I'm not sure where the bug is.

Quoting soci
- I think you forgot to add "help_userscripts.html" to the resources. The help button does not work because of this.

No, I just continued development short after releasing beta 11, that's why the HTML was on Github, but not in the binaries. ;-) But the help file and button functionality is included now.

Quoting soci
- VICE does not start, instead I get Couldn't get a file descriptor referring to the console. Not even from user script. If I use it in place of a compiler, then it works, probably because then it can log to somewhere.

Strange. Did you specify a file path to Vice?

Quoting soci
Error message format for Kick assembler (guess):
Error: <text> <linefeed>
at line <line>, column <column> in <filename>

ACME:
fprintf(msg_stream, "%s - File %s, line %d (%s %s): %sn", type, Input_now->original_filename, Input_now->line_number, Section_now->type, Section_now->title, message);

Where type is "Error", "Warning", "Serious error".

Error message format for 64tass is documented here:
http://tass64.sourceforge.net/#messages

Ok, I'll give it a try.

Daniel
2014-04-26 15:40
soci

Quoting Testicle
Quoting soci

Hm, this behavior is different on my machines where it works as intended. I'll keep that in mind and try to figure out what this could be.

This picture shows both the empty line height and the line number problem:

http://singularcrew.hu/temp/line_numbers.png

I guess it's a wrong estimation of font/text width. The easiest would be for a monospace font to keep the text left adjusted, and add enough spaces in front to make the numbers right adjusted.

Quoting Testicle

Quoting soci
- VICE does not start, instead I get Couldn't get a file descriptor referring to the console. Not even from user script. If I use it in place of a compiler, then it works, probably because then it can log to somewhere.

Strange. Did you specify a file path to Vice?

Sure, I've used the same path in the "emulator" field as I used in the "compiler" filed. It only executed as a "compiler", but not as emulator. I think it would help if the output of the emulator would be logged too.
2014-04-26 16:19
Testicle
Account closed

I think I found a solution for
---
---

According to executing Vice: Did it work in previous beta-versions? Than I probably know how to fix this.
2014-04-26 16:22
soci

I've tried the sinus generator. It's not giving the full range and is asymmetric ;( Also I don't see the point of generating a full text byte table as all 3 assemblers are capable to generate one in just one line:

Kick assembler:
.fill num, round(min+[max-min]*[1+sin(i*toRadians(360)/num)]/2)

ACME (0.92 and later):
!for i, num {!byte 0.5+min+(max-min)*(1+sin((i-1)*arcsin(1)*4/num))/2}

64tass:
.byte round(min+(max-min)*(1+sin(range(num)*rad(360)/num))/2)

Instead of the full table I'd suggest to generate similar oneliners with min/max/num filled in.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
The Human Co../Maste..
Cybortech/Graffity
Bieno/Commodore Plus
K-reator/CMS/F4CG
Guests online: 144
Top Demos