Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #17586 : Jumpman Junior+2
2005-03-25 23:43
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Release id #17586 : Jumpman Junior+2

This has been released by Wanderer, apparently as a fake release. This is after he made sarcastic comments like this on the Driven forums (http://drivenonline.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=12):

"Yes the scene needs more previews and one filed games that were history twenty years ago. What's next? Jumpman Junior megatrainer?"

"I don't see any respect for anybody who feels compelled to put out Sammy Lightfoot because they can train it. I know I'll be first in the download lineup when Onslaught releases the fully trained version of Jumpman Junior."

He also has a whole page dedicated to his dislike of the current scene on his self indulgent homepage - http://www.ontarioghosttowns.com/c64/oldies.html

When Wanderer first put this on CSDb, he released it under his own handle. Then apparently deleted the entry along with it's reviews and re-released it under a fake handle.

What's worse, it's a recrack, and it doesn't even work properly. What point was trying to be proved here is beyond me.

The intro is a crippled version of an old intro by the same idiot, possibly from back in the days when he wasn't a complete asswipe.

Funnily enough, after the trolling flame thread on driven, and checking out the one demo I have here on CSDb, he's used the tune from the first part of that demo in his own intro. 20cc tune, and yes I borrowed it myself in the first place of course, but why would anyone make an apparently fake "war" release like this in the first place unless they are a complete fruitcake?

Take a break and take your medication Mike.

2005-03-26 00:21
Steppe

Folks, could you please carry on your flamefest on another site and not spam the comments of the releases with these accusations? Thanks.
2005-03-26 00:25
Moloch

Nah, we'll continue here.

Wanderer sat around today creating a fake group (OGRE), a fake member (Head Ogre), and uploaded two fake releases. One was even a re-crack.

If you have an issue with that happening then do something about Wanderer - don't bother the rest of us with your ignorance of the issues.
2005-03-26 02:01
Wanderer
Account closed

Oh my, someone let the morons out for the night. Ignorance of the issues indeed.

>This has been released by Wanderer

You are correct. I DID release it.

>apparently as a fake release.

You are incorrect. You know what they say about ASSUMING.

>This is after he made sarcastic comments like this on the
<snip>

Your personal opinions are not relevant to the issue of the releases. I'm sure people don't need to hear you tell the life story of why you obsess over me.

>He also has a whole page dedicated to his dislike of the
<snip>

Irrelevant to the issue at hand and to this forum.

>When Wanderer first put this on CSDb, he released it under
>his own handle.

Correct.

>Then apparently deleted the entry along with it's reviews
>and re-released it under a fake handle.

Correct, read on to find out why...

>What's worse, it's a recrack, and it doesn't even work
>properly. What point was trying to be proved here is
>beyond me.

Here's the story.

After taking a look at the Onslaught and Remember webpages, I have come to the conclusion that for some reason, I don't know what it is... it has become acceptable to release utter shit. Yes, utter shit. BC's Quest for Tires and Jumpman? Games from 1983? The only difference is added trainers.

It was said that I had no skills... so I took Jumpman and Jumpman Junior and trained them. It is true Jumpman Junior was cracked by Antimon (or something like that) for their name is in the decruncher. The trainers were mine. I spent an hour looking for the routines... a simple DEC $xxxx and if $a4 is set to 1, then a collision has occured in Jumpman Junior. (Remember I asked for ECA linker yesterday in the other forum? Now you know why.)

And I released them under my name, then reading some of the feedback, which was not positive, deleted them as you stated. I then chose to create a group, OGRE (Oldies Groups ? ?) and a different name for the person who created the group.

You see, in the old days if a release was crap, it would be released by a lamer group. For example, INC had LOP (Lamers on Parade) for low quality imports.

The fact the intro had my name on it, and the credit for the trainer was linked to me, should have been a dead giveaway. I didn't want my name associated with such crap though - so that's why I removed them and make up OGRE.

There was NO intent to disguise who released them, only an attempt to distance myself from them.

>The intro is a crippled version of an old intro by the
>same idiot, possibly from back in the days when he wasn't
>a complete asswipe.

A crippled version? You mean it walks on crutches? Or is it hearing impaired? :) What are you babbling about.

Slarti, why are you always so verbally abusive? Why can't you just deal with the issues at hand without letting your emotions get carried away. It is ONLY A COMPUTER.

The intro works... does it matter that it was used 10 years ago?

>Funnily enough, after the trolling flame thread on driven,
>and checking out the one demo I have here on CSDb, he's
>used the tune from the first part of that demo in his own
>intro. 20cc tune, and yes I borrowed it myself in the
>first place of course, but why would anyone make an

That music has been used by many people in many different demos. Imagine that, you have the music in a dem too. WOW!! Imagine that. And you claim you even used it? Wow!!! Imagine that too. Is there a point to all this?

>apparently fake "war" release like this in the first place
>unless they are a complete fruitcake?

Yes Slarti it was a 'war' release. I released two games with trainers to go to war with you. That's why you were not mentioned whatsoever, and your intro was not used at all. That's why my name WAS on it. (good thing intelligence is not a requirement for being in Onslaught)

As for Moloch...

>Wanderer sat around today creating a fake group (OGRE), a
>fake member (Head Ogre), and uploaded two fake releases.
>One was even a re-crack.

How stupid you would think that way. Do you know that for a fact or are you simply guessing?

If I choose to take two games and release them under a new group, it's not a fake group. If I installed the trainers myself, they aren't fake. If someone cracked it before and I did NOT claim to crack it, it is not a re-crack. It is just a trained version.

Now the question one has to ask is WHY would I do this...

** TO PROVE A POINT **

Releasing something, whether you have an original of it, or you find it on the internet, 20 years later is just pathetic. The four comments posted on the releases, the two votes of '1' I received for it, and the whining on here proved this.

Do you think the crap that Onslaught and Remember puts out hasn't been cracked before? You know it has.. but for some reason they can put out things like BC's Quest for Tires and Sammy Lightfoot because they trained it.

When I did it, people went crazy.

It wasn't to 'rob' anyone of a crack.

It was to show people how lame releasing old games are. Some moron even said I stole the trainer... all I did was see what memory location changed the '04' for 4 lives on the screen at $0400. And NOP'd out the decrement code... take 10 programmers and one game, and you're going to have the same end result... 10 people who remove the same three bytes of code to avoid losing a life in a game. But of course I must have stolen that right?

By Slarti getting his balls in a tangle over this, he did just as I hoped. By attacking me for doing the same thing his group does... Releasing something old, with trainers...

I didn't crack Jumpman Junior, I just trained it. And even if I had the original, as I have an original of Jumpman, it wouldn't matter. The game has been out already, do we need to see new versions 20 years later? Nope... I mean does anyone give a shit if docs and a picture are included in a version 20 years after the fact?

As for the non-working version, the files were crosslinked so I uploaded a 100% version... I was baffled to see 10 downloads of Jumpman when even NEW 2005 releases don't see that much action. :)

Slarti's reaction and Fungus's reaction did one thing for me. It proved I was right when I said the scene is lame for releasing 20 year old games. Each of you proved this to me in your own unique ways. Moloch locked the files, which were not his to lock and made his own assumptions without gathering the facts. So all in all, the three of you jumped on me for what was, a JOKE.

Hmm... eca linker posts, Jumpman (a game I'd referred to in previous posts) trained, my own intro.. obviously it was to get a rise out of you people.

They were not fake releases. They were a genuine effort to prove a point. I did not steal anyone's trained version nor did I look at how to train it. I spent an hour looking at the code and toying with registers.

Each of you attacked me for doing what your OWN groups do.

You release shit, complete shit, from 1980's. Nobody needs a Pac Man, Sammy Lightfoot or B.C.'s Quest for Tires from 1983 and 1984 even if you DO own the cassette original.

Thank you to each of you... you can spit nails now in your replies but it won't change anything.

2005-03-26 07:19
X-Raffi

Ohhh Man, shouldn´t we stay together ?
I can´t Stand this, somebody is Pissing one Him, someone is Faking that. Still the same since 1987. How Sad.... :(
2005-03-26 09:06
Stan
Account closed

Quote: Ohhh Man, shouldn´t we stay together ?
I can´t Stand this, somebody is Pissing one Him, someone is Faking that. Still the same since 1987. How Sad.... :(

Looks like not too many things have changed, Raffi! Happy Easter to you, buddy!
2005-03-26 12:08
The Overkiller
Account closed

All this mess created by Wanderer is senseless imho. If he wanna releases those things, well, let him to do it. He says oldie cracking sucks and then he get active on C64 again to releases (ermmm) low quality oldie cracks. Interesting behaviour .......
2005-03-26 13:19
X-Raffi

Hay Stan, also a Happy Easter to you my Friend "NORDLICHT" *g*
2005-03-26 21:11
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: All this mess created by Wanderer is senseless imho. If he wanna releases those things, well, let him to do it. He says oldie cracking sucks and then he get active on C64 again to releases (ermmm) low quality oldie cracks. Interesting behaviour .......

>All this mess created by Wanderer is senseless imho.

Actually I didn't create any mess. You said it yourself - if I want to release them, let me do it. I did not ask Slarti to make it his personal business, make fake votes and post messages about it. I didn't ask him to visit my webpage daily.

>He says oldie cracking sucks

It sure does.

>then he get active on C64 again to releases (ermmm) low
>quality oldie cracks. Interesting behaviour .......

I'm not active. It was only to prove a point. Anyone can do it, it poses no challenge, and it's lame as hell.

I do believe there was an option to simply ignore the releases, or download them and have a good laugh. But some chose to take it personally, get their panties in a bunch and make it a public display of how they feel.

At least I'm leaving my feelings on my webpage, not whining about it on CSDB.

If you're bothered about ONE re-release of Jumpman, I suggest you take a SERIOUS look at some of other releases out there in the last year.

(You proved me right Slarti by making a fake account. There really is NO intelligence level to be in your group. You're a disgrace to them. You don't see me making accounts to badmouth you.)
2005-03-26 21:29
The Overkiller
Account closed

>It was only to prove a point. Anyone can do it, it poses >no challenge, and it's lame as hell.

This is your personal point of view not a proved point. Face the truth, when the so called oldie cracking groups release their stuff many people (above all on Lemon forum) give always a good feedback. So if you don't like them ok, if you start this for a personal war against Fungus, ONS, it's up to you, but still many ppl like oldie cracking. I'm sorry.

2005-03-26 21:36
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: >It was only to prove a point. Anyone can do it, it poses >no challenge, and it's lame as hell.

This is your personal point of view not a proved point. Face the truth, when the so called oldie cracking groups release their stuff many people (above all on Lemon forum) give always a good feedback. So if you don't like them ok, if you start this for a personal war against Fungus, ONS, it's up to you, but still many ppl like oldie cracking. I'm sorry.

I didn't start anything. I released two games that I trained on my own. That was the end of it.

Take a look here and these 'new' releases from 1983-4
http://www.bitte8bit.de/newremember/htdocs/releases.php

Maybe next time you should look in the mirror before you cast the first stone.

... 27 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Menace/Spaceballs
encore
Magic/Nah-Kolor
Trash
Dymo/G★P
Guests online: 107