Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #17586 : Jumpman Junior+2
2005-03-25 23:43
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Release id #17586 : Jumpman Junior+2

This has been released by Wanderer, apparently as a fake release. This is after he made sarcastic comments like this on the Driven forums (http://drivenonline.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=12):

"Yes the scene needs more previews and one filed games that were history twenty years ago. What's next? Jumpman Junior megatrainer?"

"I don't see any respect for anybody who feels compelled to put out Sammy Lightfoot because they can train it. I know I'll be first in the download lineup when Onslaught releases the fully trained version of Jumpman Junior."

He also has a whole page dedicated to his dislike of the current scene on his self indulgent homepage - http://www.ontarioghosttowns.com/c64/oldies.html

When Wanderer first put this on CSDb, he released it under his own handle. Then apparently deleted the entry along with it's reviews and re-released it under a fake handle.

What's worse, it's a recrack, and it doesn't even work properly. What point was trying to be proved here is beyond me.

The intro is a crippled version of an old intro by the same idiot, possibly from back in the days when he wasn't a complete asswipe.

Funnily enough, after the trolling flame thread on driven, and checking out the one demo I have here on CSDb, he's used the tune from the first part of that demo in his own intro. 20cc tune, and yes I borrowed it myself in the first place of course, but why would anyone make an apparently fake "war" release like this in the first place unless they are a complete fruitcake?

Take a break and take your medication Mike.

... 27 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2005-03-26 21:11
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: All this mess created by Wanderer is senseless imho. If he wanna releases those things, well, let him to do it. He says oldie cracking sucks and then he get active on C64 again to releases (ermmm) low quality oldie cracks. Interesting behaviour .......

>All this mess created by Wanderer is senseless imho.

Actually I didn't create any mess. You said it yourself - if I want to release them, let me do it. I did not ask Slarti to make it his personal business, make fake votes and post messages about it. I didn't ask him to visit my webpage daily.

>He says oldie cracking sucks

It sure does.

>then he get active on C64 again to releases (ermmm) low
>quality oldie cracks. Interesting behaviour .......

I'm not active. It was only to prove a point. Anyone can do it, it poses no challenge, and it's lame as hell.

I do believe there was an option to simply ignore the releases, or download them and have a good laugh. But some chose to take it personally, get their panties in a bunch and make it a public display of how they feel.

At least I'm leaving my feelings on my webpage, not whining about it on CSDB.

If you're bothered about ONE re-release of Jumpman, I suggest you take a SERIOUS look at some of other releases out there in the last year.

(You proved me right Slarti by making a fake account. There really is NO intelligence level to be in your group. You're a disgrace to them. You don't see me making accounts to badmouth you.)
2005-03-26 21:29
The Overkiller
Account closed

>It was only to prove a point. Anyone can do it, it poses >no challenge, and it's lame as hell.

This is your personal point of view not a proved point. Face the truth, when the so called oldie cracking groups release their stuff many people (above all on Lemon forum) give always a good feedback. So if you don't like them ok, if you start this for a personal war against Fungus, ONS, it's up to you, but still many ppl like oldie cracking. I'm sorry.

2005-03-26 21:36
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: >It was only to prove a point. Anyone can do it, it poses >no challenge, and it's lame as hell.

This is your personal point of view not a proved point. Face the truth, when the so called oldie cracking groups release their stuff many people (above all on Lemon forum) give always a good feedback. So if you don't like them ok, if you start this for a personal war against Fungus, ONS, it's up to you, but still many ppl like oldie cracking. I'm sorry.

I didn't start anything. I released two games that I trained on my own. That was the end of it.

Take a look here and these 'new' releases from 1983-4
http://www.bitte8bit.de/newremember/htdocs/releases.php

Maybe next time you should look in the mirror before you cast the first stone.

2005-03-26 21:43
The Overkiller
Account closed

>So if people give good feedback on releasing stuff from >1983, why is it when I released Jumpman Junior with two >trainers (that were not ripped, I may add) people jumped >all over me?

Wanderer, people jump on you because :
1) you put yourself in an arrogant way, and even if I understand your "defensive mode" on Driven wall, now you're getting yourself bad without excuses
2) your releases are not good, this is a fact! You can consider oldie cracking a fart but if you releases thing already released but with low quality what kind of reaction you could obtain ?
2005-03-26 21:46
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: >So if people give good feedback on releasing stuff from >1983, why is it when I released Jumpman Junior with two >trainers (that were not ripped, I may add) people jumped >all over me?

Wanderer, people jump on you because :
1) you put yourself in an arrogant way, and even if I understand your "defensive mode" on Driven wall, now you're getting yourself bad without excuses
2) your releases are not good, this is a fact! You can consider oldie cracking a fart but if you releases thing already released but with low quality what kind of reaction you could obtain ?

Define what a 'quality' and a 'non quality' release is.

It was trained (+2).

Does it have to be compared with a job someone else has already done? Is it 'not quality' because someone put a high score saver on it?

This isn't pole vaulting, you don't need to make your release better than someone elses. Take a GOOD look around at releases from the 1990's. You will find many versions from many groups with different trainers.

Is there some magic number of trainers one needs to put on a 1983 piece of shit before it is considered quality? Please tell me...

I seriously would like to know how two games that are the same could be considered 'quality' and 'low quality' releases.
2005-03-26 21:53
The Overkiller
Account closed

Jumpman Jr by Wanderer: +2
Jumpman Jr by Remember: +3 +dox +hs
Well, Remember did a version with 1 trainer, dox an hs saver and better packed. You did a totally useless release, this is the fact, nothing more, nothing less. You wanna show how easy is to do oldie cracking ? Hey, I'm on your side, but it's better next time you do something better.
2005-03-26 22:03
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: Jumpman Jr by Wanderer: +2
Jumpman Jr by Remember: +3 +dox +hs
Well, Remember did a version with 1 trainer, dox an hs saver and better packed. You did a totally useless release, this is the fact, nothing more, nothing less. You wanna show how easy is to do oldie cracking ? Hey, I'm on your side, but it's better next time you do something better.

Ahh thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just proved me right.

You see, back in my day we would have many different versions than another group. One might have one trainer, one might have two. You were free to decide what version you wanted.

Look here....
http://www.c64heaven.com/

Tell me that there aren't different versions from various groups.

So you're saying then that in order to be 'quality' you have to do ABOVE and BEYOND what someone else did. That is what I thought.

Imagine, me thinking that people were free to choose what versions they wanted, like in the old days. No, now you have to make sure your version exceeds any other version or it's deemed to lack quality.

I decided to train the games, and put them out. If you want them, great. If not, you are not forced to take them. But I don't think it means it 'lacks' quality. It just doesn't have as many trainers as someone elses version.

It's truly sad when we're all part of the same scene, and yet things have changed. There is no unity, no understanding. You didn't see people acting like such idiots because someone didn't release a game with the same amount of features their version did.

So I should go back and put a hiscore saver on it for those people who just REALLY need to keep their scores on a game they will never play again. And who can forget those DOCS because we all need to know HOW to play Juman Junior.

Nah as far as I'm concerned if I took the time to train a game, it should be respected I was able to do it. If you dont like it, you just don't have to download it. But don't expect I should have to beat another groups version.

I mean, I do recall that back in 1983 before I was even on the scene I was playing many games that Remember are STILL putting out 20 years later. And we can call that a "QUALITY" release?

As far as I'm concerned oldies groups are lame and pathetic. And the attitude you have to make a super super version beating someone else's version is proof of how times have changed.

As much as I'd like to make Jumpman Junior +10 and built in megatrainer with high score saver and docs and even a picture of the original box, and maybe pack it to half the size... it's pointless.

I proved my point that I could do it... but I refuse to re-release utter shit like these groups do. If that's the only thing you can get your hands on, you should just fold your group in.

2005-03-26 22:11
The Overkiller
Account closed

Perfect, you can dislike it but when 100 version of the same game are already out, do something "special" is what an oldie cracking group pursuit. If you dislike this way of mind ok, but this is how the things go on. And I'm still sure you started all this after your debating against Fungus and other ONS ppl on Driven. In any case, I'm sorry to see you use your skillness for vengeance instead of creativity.
2005-03-26 22:20
Tch
Account closed

Does anyone have "Jumpman Senior"?
I want to crack it!
This chatter really got me motivated. 8)
2005-03-26 22:29
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: Perfect, you can dislike it but when 100 version of the same game are already out, do something "special" is what an oldie cracking group pursuit. If you dislike this way of mind ok, but this is how the things go on. And I'm still sure you started all this after your debating against Fungus and other ONS ppl on Driven. In any case, I'm sorry to see you use your skillness for vengeance instead of creativity.

I'm confused. You stated that a person should do something 'special' when a game is already out. And an oldie group does this.

Okay... so is not a 100% version of Jumpman/Jr with two added trainers special? Does it not improve upon the original game? Indeed it does.

The only person comparing it is you. I was content to release it as a joke. And you are claiming this is 'vengeance' which it is not.

Is there some rule that nobody except Onslaught can release really old crappy games? Is there some rule that when someone does release a version it must be better than any previously released version?

The answers are NO and NO.

As far as the issue on Driven, maybe it's time to clue in... I'm not reading or responding to the messages on there. I haven't even logged in for over a week.

Clearly if I'm going about my own business, releasing what I want, that is MY business.

If some lamers from another group choose to downvote me, talk about me on IRC, make fake accounts on CSDB and leave little messages on the main page - they have some issues with what I do.

You don't hear me bitching on the forums... I leave that to my personal page, where only people who want to read it, will.

Slarti brought his personal issue to the forums...

So now that you have already indicated that 'low quality' is anything less than what the BEST version out there happens to be, I guess it's changed from releasing for the joy of training and cracking, to a competition where you MUST be the best at what you do.

Well... I refuse to release old shit.. like Fungus does. And I refuse to refuse old shit like Slarti's group does.

So I think the matter is closed... this was never about 'war' or 'vengeance'. It's a computer for God's sakes. You losers need to get out more often. Your reactions proved to me what I needed to know.

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
BroneCk/Samar^BooM!
Nordischsound/Hokuto..
St0rmfr0nt/Quantum
Guests online: 122
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)