Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #17672 : Subsonic+3+NTSC+Fix
2005-04-06 05:32
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Release id #17672 : Subsonic+3+NTSC+Fix

"Slarti downloaded my version within 30 seconds of my uploading it, then gave me a kind '1' vote. People, please vote for the QUALITY of the work, not your own INSECURITIES and personal feelings. Time to let go and move in with your life Slarti."

This is what Wanderer has put into his release info, after changing it several times. He also sent me a PM:

"Message sent by: Wanderer on 2005-04-06 07:18:17.138639+02
thanks for the 1 vote fuckface"

This is *not* what CSDb is for.

I have *nothing* to do with that downvote. I was online when you posted the release, that is all. My voting is set to public, my votes are seen publicly.

Whoever did downvote you, they did it anonymously.

I'm not your problem Mike, neither is Onslaught, or the scene.

So just stop it with this behaviour, and think before you use the CSDb in this way.

... 23 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2005-04-11 02:50
Wanderer
Account closed

The apology would have had more merit if you hadn't gone and downvoted me after apologizing.

Yep... he voted me a '1'.

Life is too short for idiotic crap like this. *walks away*
2005-04-11 08:38
Fungus

Actually, I voted that before. And I changed it now.

sozz :)
2005-04-11 08:57
Jazzcat

Downvoting SUCKS. Once you earn votes you should keep them.

After having a cigarette, nothing takes away the fact that you just had a fucking cigarette!

What a weird but wonderful analogy.

Think C64 scene! Not Net-Savvy-Votesystem-Shit. We didn't have downvotes on the votesheets! (we had most hated charts for that!)

At least the anonymous voting should be removed - people should back up their shit or fuck off!
2005-04-11 12:39
CreaMD

Quote: I would like to take CreamD back in a time machine. Drop him in the old scene and then read about it in the magazines when I got back to present day. Hahahaha.

:)

Depends on technical resources I would do something of the following:
1. I would either crack games (I did some unlimited lives/hacks for myself when I was in my gaming phase in 1992-1993, and it was fun. I even "cracked" few disk protections and converted tape games to disk versions (but yeah, it was quite easy with Final Cartridge III, even with these nasty problems with having code behind IO and Kernal.. )
2. Or I would run a 1-file magazine with Wotnau where we would write game-music reviews with scrolltext in the bottom line where we would send greetings/fucks to all our friends/enemies(I hope I could get into past with Wotnau too!! ;-)
3. Or I would make couple of demos with my two brothers. Stanley would do math-code. Havran would pixel some graphics in some koala, paintmagic or advanced art-studio. It's even possible that Stanley would code some utils for us if we didn't have any. I still code in monitor most of the time, and I like it more than any "ass".. ;-)
4. I would be a composer (using some old music-editor that would be around at that time..) .. or I would rip some routine and input notes in monitor.. I would release few collections with ripped music too.. with some ripped pic in front and bumping sprite-scroller over it... I would probably use some rasterbars in border too.. that would rock..
5. I would be getting/sending over 50 packages monthly... and I would cheat stamps.. and probably have some available simple phone phreaking device so I could call abroad..
6. I would try be active any other creative way I could find, if it was coding, writing, composing.. whatever I could do. I would probably join or organise some commodore group in my local area..

and...

If I kept knowledge I have today, in 1985-86.. then I would strategically invest into starting of my own telecomunication/internet related business. I would of course leave the scene in 1992, because of lack of time for such silly hobby. I would return back in around 2003 registered in CSDB and write how stupid scene of today is, and how great it was in past, and how lame all crackers of today are, and how they are destroying the old ideals, and how great I was, and everybody sucks today, and scene is dead.. you know the routine... ;-)

But seriously... do you really think that I would discrespect my fellow sceners at that time? I wish I had chance to realise your idea..
2005-04-11 12:42
Jazzcat

Why disrespect them then when you can do that now huh? Still some of your ideas are nice. :)
2005-04-11 12:49
CreaMD

Quote: Why disrespect them then when you can do that now huh? Still some of your ideas are nice. :)

Do you really think I discrespect old crackers? I would never did anything more complex than just few changes in jmps/jsrs and such stuff concerning cracking, and I'm sure it was a hard task in past. That's why I never questioned C64 related skills and achievments.

Read the last paragraph.. there are examples of behaviour I don't like concerning (let's call them) reappearing sceners. Why should I like someone who misjudges the current scene because he has a limited knowledge about what is happening and lacks any serious interest to learn more about it.
2005-04-11 12:53
CreaMD

Quote: Downvoting SUCKS. Once you earn votes you should keep them.

After having a cigarette, nothing takes away the fact that you just had a fucking cigarette!

What a weird but wonderful analogy.

Think C64 scene! Not Net-Savvy-Votesystem-Shit. We didn't have downvotes on the votesheets! (we had most hated charts for that!)

At least the anonymous voting should be removed - people should back up their shit or fuck off!

And btw. I completely agree with this. Even with that point about cigarette.
2005-04-11 23:56
Jazzcat

I imagine the sight of the scene for those returning would be something like a long lost friend who is riddled with cancer. Of course the returning person will get mad and want to share stories of their/the glory days. It is normal for any oldtimer in any facet of life. The good old "when I was a boy I had to walk 15 miles through mud to get to school, now you have school buses"-type mentality.

Glad you agree about the downvoting. What is wrong with this database? I thought it was a C64 Scene DataBase? Has there ever been downvoting anywhere else in the "C64 Scene"?
2005-04-12 02:22
CreaMD

Very clever argument ;-). When you put it this way, I don't have much chances to disagree ;-). I even think I would be capable of something similar, concerning for example quality of movies or music of today and 10-15 years ago. And I can remember quite fresh example of complicated communication between me and 15 years old dude who programmed a flash modul for me (according to my specification) and recklessly changed couple of things... so maybe if I tried hard I could show some more empathy for nostalgiac ex-sceners. But I can't guarantee that. ;-)
2005-04-12 03:58
Jazzcat

Well, these people certainly had it way harder than the modern scener or C64 user. These days, we have our choice of so many different tools and existing knowledge. These days we are surrounded by more maturity than ever before.
I mean, people are even considering the conversion to PC format of C64 wares!

I guess most people don't even realise the luxuries they take for granted. A good example is modem speeds and yet still people complain. Lets seem them survive on 300 baud! HAHA
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
JEZ
Nordischsound/Hokuto..
Apollyon/ALD
Scooby/G★P/Light
Menace/Spaceballs
LightSide