Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Questions > Merging duplicate entries
2002-08-15 04:10
anonym

Merging duplicate entries

Hi guys,

there's some duplicate entries in the database. For example Offence has got an ex-member called Pal and an active member called Rooster, but both are the same person.

Could we maybe merge those two somehow so no information would be lost (as opposed to deleting one of them)? And then again, this is just an example, I am pretty sure that there are more of those.

/Frank

PS: Keep the great work up!

... 18 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2002-08-18 19:06
Commander
Account closed

Quote: and to all others, this way you could merge your handles... (hint commander :) )

Celtic! I tried to merge two old handles, but I saw that I can't add a group to it (some handles I used only in another group...), so there's no point to delete the other entries untill the webmaster fixes also a group to the older handles-thing. That's what I mean with losing some good information about some handles in the scene. Some handles have a history of their own, and it is too much to put that in the trivias and so on. It's still better to put every handle that excisted separately according to me.
2002-08-18 21:06
Seven

wake up, commander

Multiple handles for same scener now possible
2002-08-18 21:07
TDJ

Commander, I never once claimed that the NoName guys did bad work, all I did was wonder about their database model. As for me not giving real 'critics' (which is bad English by the way), I think my recommendations about tackling both this problem, and that of the downvoting are not real enough for you?

It seems you're really bent on trying to make me look bad, but all you do is make yourself look very very stupid indeed. So from now on I'll give you the attention you deserve and ignore you.
2002-08-18 22:37
TDJ

One thing I want to make clear: I'm not for replacing the current handle-pages with scener-pages, but adding a scener page on top of the handle-pages. That's all.

Anyway, I made my point to the NoNamer's and will see what happens :)
2002-08-19 13:31
Commander
Account closed

Quote: wake up, commander

Multiple handles for same scener now possible

Seven, wel I try to wake up... Maybe it's now more complicated to add things or so... But I can not find a way to add to the older handles a group, but maybe you know how?
2002-08-19 17:11
Seven

I might know how if I could figure out what exactly your problem is, but for some reason I cant seem to understand your english...
2002-08-19 19:13
Perff
Administrator

Quote: Seven, wel I try to wake up... Maybe it's now more complicated to add things or so... But I can not find a way to add to the older handles a group, but maybe you know how?

I'll try to explain the workings:

First of all you need to gather all the handles under the same scener.
Go to the edit page of one scener and add the handles. (The add new handle button just below the upload photo button)

When this is done you click the "add group" as you usual find the group and now you discover that there is a new selector with all the handles in it.
The same goes for founding of groups, credits and organizing an event.
You can also edit one of the existing entries and change the handle.

Happy editing.
2002-08-19 21:47
Commander
Account closed

Thanks Perff!!! I will try it immediately, thanks again!

:)

Problem solved!
2006-08-06 08:53
Hein

Wouldn't it be nice if this merging tool is available for the public?

Yesterday I found out I got merged with my brother. It's not yet time to get merged with him, but I am curious how this could have happened. And here I find the answer.

This merging tool seems handy, because there are quite some people using different handles, like I encountered some time ago, when I tried to 'merge' Mirage with that Drive guy, what's his name.
2006-08-06 09:27
TDJ

Quote: Wouldn't it be nice if this merging tool is available for the public?

Yesterday I found out I got merged with my brother. It's not yet time to get merged with him, but I am curious how this could have happened. And here I find the answer.

This merging tool seems handy, because there are quite some people using different handles, like I encountered some time ago, when I tried to 'merge' Mirage with that Drive guy, what's his name.

Eh, the one who was in Guns & Roses?

Yes Lars, I remember everything. EVERYTHING!
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
JEZ
rambo/Therapy/ Resou..
mutetus/Ald ^ Ons
Apollyon/ALD
CA$H/TRiAD
iAN CooG/HVSC