Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Handle id #572 : Groepaz
2007-12-26 22:31
FMan
Account closed

Handle id #572 : Groepaz

This person is a moderator here. However, he sets a bad example by entering a completely off-topic "review" for a demo release:

Also, what's up with this "sir" thing that people seem to do nowadays in place of a direct insult?

... 259 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-10-22 19:22
fade
Account closed

I think Groepaz is a pretty cool guy, he moderates CSDb and doesn't afraid of anything.

:D
2013-10-22 20:05
Conrad

I like Groepaz for his like of Intrinsic. :) no more, no less.
2013-10-22 20:20
Isildur

Another point of view, some explanation and some history.

First of all there is a serious language barrier for Polish people including myself, especially aged 35+ born in the time of communism (most of us on the Scene).
Why is that? Because Poland was under Russian occupation for almost 45 years after WW2 and learning other language than polish or russian at school was (almost) forbidden (with some exceptions - long and complicated story). And that happened because after WW2 Russia and USA sliced eastern Europe as the Russia wanted to (including East Germany, Czech, etc.).

Before that Poland was under Germany and Russian occupation during WW2 and learning polish was forbidden too by nazi Germans (that's the reason why a lot of Polish doesn't love Germans up today - in my personal opinion that's not fair these days and I find Germans very valuable nation in every aspect). More.. that was the time when nazi Germans even renamed all Polish names of all cities to their own (and did some other cruel things, but this is another story - here's only one sample http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108052/). That's the reason why some Polish people are oversensitive on Germans decades after. And guess what... before 1918's Poland was under occupation by Prussia, Austria, Russia for centuries. Who would like that?

At last, this is only "language barrier" issue explanation and how I see the problem from Polish point of view.
Starting WW3 or offend someone wasn't my intention, just wanted to do some analysis ;P
(I must line that I used "nazi Germans" NOT "today's Germans")

@Groepaz do you take it?

Another thing is :) http://claritaslux.com/blog/the-hardest-language-to-learn/
2013-10-22 20:22
Testa
Account closed

i dont know Groepaz, but i really don't have complains about
this site... great site. very complete.. lots of information...
so i think the admins and mods are doing a good job in the big lines...
thanks for this nice database... i mean it..
2013-10-22 22:06
Mr Wegi
Account closed

This is a public forum it's no any secret. You have full right reading, translate, join as user or if you want putting request to polish ppl for translate. Everyone who your requesting have a moral should help you imo. Probably after my translation you could be less understand than via google but if you can ordering beer so you have the one from most important things :) If You are interrested any hard (bad) words in this thread I can confirm #1 hard words but int this thread here in CSDB was much more and harder. #3 softly slang as I know in polish understand is softly than prick (or Rchard) (prick is prick) #5 ignore bustard. #8 Demo like order in ... (this word was here) #25... Did you saw few idiot's they think they are mega VIP... imo the rest this sentence is a shortcut (of think) with bad polish cos I properly don't understand. Of course hi (kisiel) think about unsecret vote estoppel but syntax is for me so incorrect and I come from Poland and dont get it. ...
next sentence
When I was troll I understand who is troll and helping somene and how looks CSDB inside. Next setence the sense cos this is to hard to translate or impossible: "wegi you are stupid idiot via google..." Next sentence: First pissed. LINK
#23 No unkaind words. This is opinion - the sense: Tempest have few friend in Poland thats wy Grubas don't like him (GPZ called "fat man" based on the looks a like letters in this word in polish its abstraction joke no agressive) . This action was sick from start hi is vilager.

The rest of speak about who like demos categories is bad or no bla bla bla.

This forum is crossposted with c64scene.pl and I using only this 2 forums as wegi username. From my knowledge you can find probably few sentence more about csdb or you (no more than in this thread I'm sure). Not absolute sure of this I based only on my knowledge and I very rare reading scene threads and more rare write in this threads.

You can simple check me by You trusted person who can do translate for you and confirm wegi lie or no. You can trust me few times more was in this thread here - much much more.
2013-10-22 22:34
chatGPZ

i have read this three times now and it still doesnt make sense. sorry.
2013-10-22 22:45
Mr Wegi
Account closed

Compressed - you found few sentences in a polish forum about you or CSDB and don't finding more. It's not a lead theme.
2013-10-22 22:52
iAN CooG

Kosy Był Przysiągłbyś przejrzystość Wystrzeliliśmy dojeżdżaczów coś pole Przedstawiając roli oczu niepowiedziała Cara inne. Assesora wstecz jedyni wiedzy padał Trafia smutno deszcz pierwsze parskali Nosił. Litwinka Dawniéj lepiej każdéj zając siedli wzrostem Ojczyzno Miała odebrał humoru. Wierne żoną pływa daleko garnie jacyś Białopiotrowiczowi indyki cierpi. Jeśli Białopiotrowiczem miało humoru żytem innéj głosu wiedzy. Żołniersczyzny Jako najpiękniejszym krew nierostrzygniony Niesiołowskiemu piwa Wiem Kościuszkowskie.

really, has the same sense for us, none. Understanding your posts is almost impossible.
2013-10-23 02:39
Six

Quick, someone get a big bag of ice to soothe all the butthurt in this thread.
2013-10-23 04:41
Fungus

WAAAAAHHHHH WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

He's an asshole and was mean to me! WAAAAAAH

Yeah, that man is an asshole lets NECRO a hate thread against the most active person on this site because WE believe everyone should should have rainbows coming out their ass and gay hugs all around. Opinions? You can't have those, even if a moderator, THAT MIGHT OFFEND SOMEONE! NOOOOO! VERBOTEN!!!

I'm big scene coder who makes great demos, so that gives me the right to complain and say someone should be removed from moderator duties because I don't like the way he communicates with others.

Oh boy, I'm another scener who is really a no one, and does jack shit anywhere except upload and post a bunch of misleading or useless crap. Let me just make another of my useless comments just to stir the pot a bit more.

I'm another scener who thinks my opinion means dick all to anyone, but hey let me troll here a bit because I think it's a fucking funny thing to do! HAHAHAHA TROLLED.

Lets bitch about facebook and reddit now too, and how tablets are taking over the world, COMEPLETELY off topic... fuck that's always aa great thing to do on a forum. These hate threads always get so much activity, maybe someone will read my post and ACTUALLY GIVE A SHIT! OMG!

Sarcasm aside...

This is CSDB, it's a good thing. It's not perfect, but people (staff) do a god damn lot to keep this place alive for the rest of us to have a semi-decent place to congregate. That said, and I'm going Elitist a bit here, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GO THE FUCK AWAY NO ONE IS GONNA MISS YOUR ARROGANT, SELF RIGHTEOUS, POMPOUS ASS and/or WHINY, BUTTHURT, NOBODY LOVES ME, EMO DOUCHEBAG ASS!

Your truly,

Fungus

- certified asshole -
Previous - 1 | ... | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | ... | 27 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
TheRyk/MYD!
Brittle/Dentifrice^(?)
Didi/Laxity
taper/ΤRIΛD
St0rmfr0nt/Quantum
iAN CooG/HVSC