Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Handle id #572 : Groepaz
2007-12-26 22:31
FMan
Account closed

Handle id #572 : Groepaz

This person is a moderator here. However, he sets a bad example by entering a completely off-topic "review" for a demo release:

Also, what's up with this "sir" thing that people seem to do nowadays in place of a direct insult?

... 259 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-10-23 11:56
Slammer

Quote: Quote:
trash talking releases that must have taken half a year or more to make

The amount of time spent on a release is in no way an indication of quality.

Im not talking about quality here, Im talking about respecting peoples work when holding the moderator role. And btw. a rating of 9.6 indicate rather good quality to me.
2013-10-23 11:59
Britelite

Quote:
Im not talking about quality here, Im talking about respecting peoples work when holding the moderator role.

So, the moderators shouldn't be allowed to give their opinions on releases?

Quote:
And btw. a rating of 9.6 indicate rather good quality to me.

I have no idea which release you're talking about, but my point still stands. Just because someone spends five years on a release doesn't automatically make the release good.
2013-10-23 12:37
Slammer

Quoting Britelite
Quote:
Im not talking about quality here, Im talking about respecting peoples work when holding the moderator role.

So, the moderators shouldn't be allowed to give their opinions on releases?

I like your question. I think a discussion of the moderators role is much more constructive. Here is my view on the moderator role:

Of course, a moderator have a right to state his opinions. But state them in a normal way, not accompanied by degrading words and there is no need to state them again and again. Telling them 5 times with increasing aggression doesn’t make the statement 5 times as valid.

A moderator should not start the aggression. Why? Because its too easy for him to win discussions and bully people around because he at the same time is the one who decides how much you can bend the rules of the site. But course he can speak back if provoked.

Since a moderator have special privileges and represent the site, he should be more conscious of behaving according to the rules of the site than others. You can’t expect normal users to behave better than the moderators.

Quote:
have no idea which release you're talking about, but my point still stands. Just because someone spends five years on a release doesn't automatically make the release good.

I haven’t tried the release myself. I think the actual quality is irrelevant to this discussion, but for the record what I heard from those who tried it, was that it was pretty useful.
2013-10-23 13:02
Bitbreaker

Quoting Slammer

Of course, a moderator have a right to state his opinions. But state them in a normal way, not accompanied by degrading words and there is no need to state them again and again. Telling them 5 times with increasing aggression doesn’t make the statement 5 times as valid.

Do i sense some butthurt here originating from some comments in discussions about KickAss?
2013-10-23 13:17
Slammer

Ohh. yeah. Here we go again. If you can’t take the abuse from Gropaez you are an emotional looser, you are whining etc. (Hey Bitbreaker, I think people have found out by now that you are his loyal sidekick)

And by the way.. Try actually coming with some constructive input instead of just trash talking.
2013-10-23 13:33
Bitbreaker

As if anyone would really be interested in a solution :-) You won't change Greopaz nor make him stop being a moderator. Cope with it and do demos, you will be way more successfull with that.
2013-10-23 13:45
Slammer

I won’t stop him either. I just want him to be a better moderator. Try coping with that.
2013-10-23 13:52
Cruzer

Quoting radiantx
I think he generally does an excellent job of handling all the whiny, entitled people on CSDb who can't stand not having everything working exactly the way they want.
That certainly seems to be his attitude to anyone suggesting any change to CSDb. Instead of arguing why a suggestion is a bad idea, the response is typically facepalming emoticons, "I just don't like the idea" or that the persons making the request haven't contributed enough to CSDb to be entitled to have their opinion taken seriously. Not the ideal situation for a community driven site.

But of course, big ups for what he has actually done for the scene.
2013-10-23 14:27
Kisiel
Account closed

Quote: i think whoever is still interested in this topic should continue here

and wegi: i am not "at war" with you. despite we might disagree on some things, i'd like to give you some honest advice: a) dont team up with kisiels vendetta, it wont do your reputation any good. and (probably much more important) b) have someone help you with english. seriously. i am not mocking anyone here. its just that what you write is complete nonsense often - which is certainly not what you intended. i have tried reading polish forums using google translate - and most of the time its impossible due to the gibberish that google spits out. trying to discuss on this level of understanding is hardly possible at all - except for ordering a beer or asking where the bus stop is.

Ohh Greopaz got a hook !!!
WOW you connected dot "two polish forums" with "Greopaz Story begin" WOW what a coincidence ...
But you inherently lost second dot without "GSB" on top..
I came up with this in post #119
"i am the dick. always." http://www.c64scene.pl/viewtopic.php?t=1211&highlight=groepaz

So why I gave you a lead to TWO polish forums???
Because Wegi have not posted anything against you,twat.
WE means WE, not WEGI and I. Douchbag we are not alone on this planet.

What is so important in this knowledge ?
No one give a shit when you attacks me, but when you attacks old guy after recovery who really stares on screen making demos and games, you are simply moron. Do you really think what someone from Poland gives you gold medal after??

Next time twat when you attack old guy on a street think maybe he has a nephew, the nephew with pipe, with a dream how to make popcorn from your teeth. Sometimes psychopaths gets what they deserved of course in real live not on CSDB full of small trolls popping up this thread.
Well,
Dogs start to bark.
2013-10-23 14:37
Jon
Account closed

I would just like to give a shout out to the lurkers, silent former sceners and others who have come to this thread to see what all the fuss is about.

I would also like to point out that this conversation is being had by grown men between the ages of 35-45. But in the defense of the participants, I am fairly certain that some have Asperger's, are autistic or are simply socially crippled shut-ins.

Every six months or so, we feel the need to screech and throw shit like rebus monkeys. However, that's where the similarities with rebus monkeys end, as rebus monkeys are far less angry, petty and vengeful.

We do hope you stick around. Please release or write something soon, because we want to verbally club you into oblivion with your own vintage computer rig, you entitled crybaby.

Author note: This message was run through Google Translate a few times as I had originally written it in Latin, decided to post it in Sanskrit and then changed my mind and settled on English. I hope my clarity didn't suffer for it.
Previous - 1 | ... | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
csabanw
MAT64
Broti/DT/KRN
Scrap/Genesis Project
AlexC
theK/ATL