Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Handle id #572 : Groepaz
2007-12-26 22:31
FMan
Account closed

Handle id #572 : Groepaz

This person is a moderator here. However, he sets a bad example by entering a completely off-topic "review" for a demo release:

Also, what's up with this "sir" thing that people seem to do nowadays in place of a direct insult?

... 259 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2012-02-07 19:48
chatGPZ

sorry, no flickering hell in this demo at all :) (and i have done fli scroller before, so meh... boring. doing stuff i didnt do before is much more interesting, such as math based crap)
2012-02-07 21:35
Wile Coyote

Quote: sorry, no flickering hell in this demo at all :) (and i have done fli scroller before, so meh... boring. doing stuff i didnt do before is much more interesting, such as math based crap)

Can I have a link to the production showing the FLI scroll.
I like FLI scrollers. Blackmail created posibly the best, although Megastyle also created a good one.
2012-02-07 21:43
chatGPZ

eww. all i remember about it is that it was a traditional fli fpp scroller. and there is a logo at the top and the scroller under it :o) i think its in one of the various demos from the (late) vision days (and not necessarily a vision demo), but i cant remember which one :)
edit: bullshit. just clicked through some of the stuff from that era and judging from the other stuff there is no way i coded that kind of stuff at that time =) so, since its also not in the hitmen stuff from after '95, it must have ended up in some demo released in between, in the time when i wasnt actually all that active. meaning one of the groups jihad/curlin/peacemaker were in in the 90s. too much crap to check =P i vaguely remember peacemaker made a very similar part and eventually explained to me how it works, so if you find his, then mine should appear some time later :)

however, dont bother. its very unlike what you are probably thinking of - ie fpp with a fixed bitmap that doesnt scroll by itself. the blackmail one also scrolls bitmap iirc, but doesnt use fpp - entire different effect so to say :)
2013-10-18 20:51
Kisiel
Account closed

Quote: Editing someone's else posts is not a thing a proper database should tolerate in any way. To judge if "only a psycho would recognize it's not Oswald's posts" is not your business, Groepaz.

I recommend a serious thought by the maintainers of the site what kind of people they give moderation rights.

What kind of atmosphere rules on CSDb is shown by that other users ignore this happenings.

the atmosphere of this site is gone, two of my friends left this site because of "G-nazi" moderator.
Anyway
God bless Groepaz in his eyes we are even ;)
2013-10-19 07:43
Bitbreaker

It is always easy to blame others as the reason for quitting, instead of blaming personal problems, personal failure, or lack of skills.
2013-10-19 09:03
Kisiel
Account closed

"see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil".

what kind of monkey are you.
2013-10-19 09:21
hedning

It can't be easy to try to shape up this crazy (and wonderful) place. Respect to Groepaz.
2013-10-19 09:40
Slammer

Quoting Kisiel
the atmosphere of this site is gone, two of my friends left this site because of "G-nazi" moderator.

I agree with Kisiel. In fact the only reason Im on this site today is because I got an email from CSDb that it was 5 month since my last logon and they would close my account if I didn't log on within an month. So I logged on only to find that there are still problems with Groepaz..
2013-10-19 10:06
Conrad

Quote:
the atmosphere of this site is gone

Kisiel, I think the "C64/Amiga scene" facebook page has a big portion to blame for that, but I understand what you mean. Let's face it, we're in a world of Tablets now and I just get the impression that there is no point sitting down in front of your PC/laptop logging into csdb, like the old days, when now you get a link to new releases on the fb news page. Either that, or the hype/excitement to comment on new releases is only alive when someone famous submits something.
2013-10-19 10:08
Hein

Quote: Quoting Kisiel

I agree with Kisiel. In fact the only reason Im on this site today is because I got an email from CSDb that it was 5 month since my last logon and they would close my account if I didn't log on within an month. So I logged on only to find that there are still problems with Groepaz..

I don't see why a moderator would scare someone away. If you don't like the lyrics, just skip the song.

But I was suprised to see that one of my review posts got censored, even though it didn't contain any religious or anti-nazi propaganda.
Previous - 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | ... | 27 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
OEP/AoD
Berluskåni/The Gump..
Mike
The Syndrom/TIA/Pret..
Flex/Artline Designs
wil