Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Handle id #572 : Groepaz
2007-12-26 22:31
FMan
Account closed

Handle id #572 : Groepaz

This person is a moderator here. However, he sets a bad example by entering a completely off-topic "review" for a demo release:

Also, what's up with this "sir" thing that people seem to do nowadays in place of a direct insult?

... 259 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2008-01-13 14:57
Oswald

editing someone's post making look like he said something he haven't is not trolling at all right ? you ARE stirring the shit face it. give up on moderating the community area and stick to the db.
2008-01-13 15:04
chatGPZ

a) the post was so obviously marked as edited by a moderator and edited into something you'd never say that only a psycho would think its yours
b) one little harmless "troll" vs dozens and dozens of shit stirring "OMG TEH MODERATORS SUCK I GET CENSORED I WANT FREE SPEECH I HAVE A SMALL PENIS DAMN I CANT EXPRESS MYSELF WTF!!!"

and then you come up and explain its all action and reaction. by trolling up the forum thread topics.

sorry but. LOL
2008-01-13 15:22
Oswald

"b) one little harmless "troll" vs dozens and dozens of shit stirring "OMG TEH MODERATORS SUCK I GET CENSORED I WANT FREE SPEECH I HAVE A SMALL PENIS DAMN I CANT EXPRESS MYSELF WTF!!!"

and who drove me into opening dozens of shit topics? closing each one of them was a bright idea probably. you have exploded one little harmless troll into dozens of shit stirring.just like your harmless troll mine could be left alone, and then nothing like yesterday happened would take place. but you are actions stirred the shit up real high. so once again, stop moderating me with your doublestandards: one for yourself and one for me. get off my back, thank you.
2008-01-13 15:34
chatGPZ

what you dont understand is, that if you are unhappy with moderation, then you should send a message to other moderators, or ultimativly to perff. and that also means that you have to accept whatever they (and ultimativly perff) decide is ok or not, and that you will be moderated again and again if you dont. and it means that you have to accept moderators decisions, even if you are unhappy with them. perff is the one to judge about moderators. period.

if you instead prefer to troll around like a 12 year old, so be it. but it surely wont work out in the way you want it to be, quite the contrary is true.

oh and ofcourse, only because a moderator, or whoever else, made a mistake that doesnt mean that you are now allowed to make one too. thats not the way it works, sorry.
2008-01-13 15:53
CreaMD

Quote: what you dont understand is, that if you are unhappy with moderation, then you should send a message to other moderators, or ultimativly to perff. and that also means that you have to accept whatever they (and ultimativly perff) decide is ok or not, and that you will be moderated again and again if you dont. and it means that you have to accept moderators decisions, even if you are unhappy with them. perff is the one to judge about moderators. period.

if you instead prefer to troll around like a 12 year old, so be it. but it surely wont work out in the way you want it to be, quite the contrary is true.

oh and ofcourse, only because a moderator, or whoever else, made a mistake that doesnt mean that you are now allowed to make one too. thats not the way it works, sorry.

Yes!
2008-01-13 16:12
Tim
Account closed

Can’t shit like this be contained to a simple single “moderation complaints” thread ?
I don’t mind seeing discussions on moderating, however it is annoying as hell to see it everywhere. I even noticed myself that I was temped to start a thread called ‘stop whining’ on someone elses handle and deleted my post prior to sending it and decided to post this question here.
2008-01-13 16:16
chatGPZ

the correct answer to this would be: no. complaints of that sort should be directed at other moderators, and if that doesnt help at perff. if you want to discuss it with other people, do it in PM. or elsewhere.

this is especially true for topics that have been discussed, and answered, before already.
2008-01-13 16:23
Rough
Account closed

Editing someone's else posts is not a thing a proper database should tolerate in any way. To judge if "only a psycho would recognize it's not Oswald's posts" is not your business, Groepaz.

I recommend a serious thought by the maintainers of the site what kind of people they give moderation rights.

What kind of atmosphere rules on CSDb is shown by that other users ignore this happenings.
2008-01-13 16:29
chatGPZ

or maybe it simply shows that many people are sick of that trolling bullshit and don't even want to take part in commenting it?

and as for editing that particular post, yes that was a mistake. i should have simply deleted (aka censored) it. then again, knowing oswald, that wouldnt have changed anything of his reaction at all.

(again, a mistake of someone else does in no way justify your own counteractions)
2008-01-13 17:35
SECRET MAN
Account closed

Too much to read Closed for me :-)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | ... | 27 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
KAL_123
Mike
Guests online: 122
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)